Molasses???

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Over the years I have used blackstrap molasses several times to feed during nutrient flushes and to promote flower growth. Works very nicely. I do however do a straight water flush the last couple watering to discourage molasses flavor in my nugs. Was always encouraged to do that.
When I was first told about using molasses, it was stressed to only use blackstrap, unsulfured molasses. My question to whoever maybe able to answer, is the "unsulfured" fact the important factor? Does it have to be blackstrap? Because I just found a bottle in the cupboard of "Mother Hubbard's Pure Golden "unsulfured" molasses, and was wondering if this could be used because it is also "unsulfured".
Any and all thouvhts and opinions would be appreciated. Thankyou.
Quest

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
I dont really know how important the 'blackstrap' part is, but the unsulfured part IS important. When it says its 'unsulphured' its referring to the bad(cant rememeber spec name) sulphur and not the same as the beneficial sulphur.

They use the 'bad' sulphur to stabilize and increase the shelf life of store-bought molasses. Sorry this info is a tad incomplete, but hopefully this helps w half of it.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Yeah thats what I was figuring. Im gonna catch a lil more feedback before I actually use tho, ya know? Thanks for your input bro.
Quest

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You don't have to stay married to molasses, you can use other sugars. Also, try a test plant and use just molasses (or sugar) through the flush. I bet you won't be able to taste molasses (or whatever other sugar you decide to try). I know I never have been, and neither has anyone I've shared my smoke with.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Roots cannot absorb sugar at all or no one can prove it....the bacteria eats up the stuff then the roots love the by product....if no sugar or food source for the bacteria is in the medium the roots will transport food from plant back down to roots to feed the bacteria, thats were the symbiotic relationship comes in but as far as blackstrap and unsulphored question i would regardless of what your changing TRY IT ON ONE PLANT FIRST! jp you dont half to but wait atleast three days then try cautiously with rest when you see everything is fine. Good luck and much positive vibes your way.
Cave

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Lol, " dont have to stay married to molasses", lol, Ive used it like, 3 times in over 21 years. Just had a question on specifics of molasses u CAN use. And havent had anyone taste it in my pot either. In fact, I take preventetive measures to ensure you dont. Using sugar is a bad idea. Ive only heard of bad experiences in soil, but have hands on trouble in an Aero system. Shit fermented! So, its not that simple ma'am
I think I will go ahead and use a tsp per gallon on one plant see how that does. Thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen. Peace.
Quest

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

advanced carboload is the shit. no molasses flav and maybe less K which is good if your in coco...just throwin that out there

as for your original question, if yours is un-sulphered your good to go.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Roots cannot absorb sugar at all or no one can prove it....the bacteria eats up the stuff then the roots love the by product....if no sugar or food source for the bacteria is in the medium the roots will transport food from plant back down to roots to feed the bacteria, thats were the symbiotic relationship comes in but as far as blackstrap and unsulphored question i would regardless of what your changing TRY IT ON ONE PLANT FIRST! jp you dont half to but wait atleast three days then try cautiously with rest when you see everything is fine. Good luck and much positive vibes your way.
Cave
Actually, that's not entirely true, with regard to plant roots not absorbing sugars. There are many experiments that are predicated on the fact that they can and do.

Qleaner, I use sugars all the time. I like the results I get, especially from malted barley extract. Soil, coir or perlite hempy--done 'em all and will continue to do so.

You know, I've tried to find 'sulfured' molasses in the market, and can't.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Molasses is def good to use, though I don't use it during my flush at all. I flush with just RO water straight. I use molasses in every feed in bloom after the first two weeks. I think everyone will have there own way of using it or thinking a certain time it's best used during. All I know is since I started to use it during feelings my bud flavor has def popped more. Just my personal advise from my trials. No scientific backing lol. ~Smf~

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Whatup Flex?! Yeah I dig it alot too. Especially the cost compared to carb load formulas on the market. I use it during flush too cuz it doesnt hinder flushing nutes, since it doesnt have any, but helps em keep packin on weight. Fuels them I guess. Since we r flushing reserves out. Idk, made sense to me at the time ! Lol! Peace.
Quest

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

A product called protien crumblies by soil secrets is incredible its affordable and last long its dry composted legumes and other protein packed plants grown just to compost for this product

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Molasses is def good to use, though I don't use it during my flush at all. I flush with just RO water straight. I use molasses in every feed in bloom after the first two weeks. I think everyone will have there own way of using it or thinking a certain time it's best used during. All I know is since I started to use it during feelings my bud flavor has def popped more. Just my personal advise from my trials. No scientific backing lol. ~Smf~

I'm w Skunk, I would never use molasses during 'flush'. Molasses has a ton of minerals and vitmains, including varying levels of Mg. I dont want Mg anywhere near my flush or end product.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

advanced carboload is the shit. no molasses flav and maybe less K which is good if your in coco...just throwin that out there

as for your original question, if yours is un-sulphered your good to go.
you can get a gallon of molasses for the same price as a liter carboload.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
This stuff is the shit for a molasses replacement!

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I def use/have used it in the first week of flush and I won't flush without it for the first week, at least. To me it seems like it give the plants that extra push at the end.

putembk

putembk

I have done it a couple of times and don't remember any difference. Can't wait to see your response SM. About a week out from my next flush and have two so I can do a side by side comparison. Just let me know what to look for and I will give it a try.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Just do the side by side Pute and let the smoke/visuals say it all! I would flush one without any molasses and one with molasses maybe the whole flush?

Latest posts

Top Bottom