Molasses

• Thread starter banditxiv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Brand is not as important as it being black strap un sulfured, Granny some shit is what they stock locally so thats what i buy..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thanks for the feedback .how many tsp or tlbs per gal?

I assume your making a tea?

If so i tend to use about 2 tbl spoons per 5 gallons, If im running it for more then 48 hours i'll add more as the smell of raw mollas. is gone.

G gnome

G gnome

1 tsp per gal is a good rule of thumb.
Yeah... what dabbie sed. I use grandmas too. Ive been considering trying feed molasses like they use for cattle though. Any one ever try it? The stuff you put over hay for cows? Its a hell of a lot cheaper. I also use hi brix molasses made by earth juice.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

x2 on 1tblsp/gal

mix the molasses in a little warm water before putting into your mix bucket. it helps "melt down" the molasses and mix better.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Lacto-molassis or lacto-brownsugar is what ive been feeding for flush this last run. Lact breaks down organics to bioavailability, the lacto should make everything more bioavailable faster. Now do we want that at this stage? Yes for the sugars, no for the nonbioavailable N. I believe a depleted well flushed medium would optimally benefit from this.
I also been using fermented coldpressed fruit(pumpkin, squash, banana)extracts and this has 50/50 fruit/raw sugar so im pretty much using sugar through the entire cycle. Cant wait to taste the nugs!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you do realize adding molasses or the like ONLY feeds the microbes in the soil, which helps the plants, and does NOTHING for the taste of the flowers, right?

if it were to effect the taste, don't you think most growers would be dumping in faygo or kool-aid in their plants for taste?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

you do realize adding molasses or the like ONLY feeds the microbes in the soil, which helps the plants, and does NOTHING for the taste of the flowers, right?

if it were to effect the taste, don't you think most growers would be dumping in faygo or kool-aid in their plants for taste?

You sure about that? The reason black strap molasses is so effective is because is it loaded with nutrients.

Amounts Per Selected Serving
%DV
Calcium
mg
69%
Iron
mg
88%
Magnesium
mg
204%
Phosphorus
mg
10%
Potassium
mg
141%
Sodium
mg
5%
Zinc
mg
7%
Copper
mg
82%
Manganese
mg
258%
Selenium
mcg
86%

Read More

By the way, koolaid poured on the soil at harvest does make your plants taste like Koolaid. I know people that swear by pouring OJ on right before harvest, and the plants always taste like orange juice. Rookie moves IMO, but it does effect taste.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

it does NOTHING for TASTE!!!!!! its NOT a flavor enhancer.

molasses feeds the microbes, which in turn helps the roots uptake vital nutrients. which in turn make for a healthier and better yielding plant. once again it does NOTHING for taste or flavor.

I can see this is gonna start a shit storm. so before the shit gets any deeper, im out.

Top Bottom