mold in Massachusetts

• Thread starter Dartmouth.Dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

Just wondering what everyone does when they see mold on their buds. Last year I grew a great lemon thai (sativa). Had about a 1/2 pound on it and over night lost 80 percent. I had no warning that it was going to happen. What is your play when you start seeing mold??

Madbud

Madbud

When you see it, its too late. Suggest applying btk for caterpillars in early flower since they are a primary cause of bud rot, then dunk the buds in water and peroxide at harvest. Not saying there aren’t other causes of botrytis but cats have to be planned for early on.

Brofessor

Brofessor

Neem seed tea with distilled water to make a spray. I never tried yet but it is what I'm planning on using. Tea tree oil ( kind from Australia) again with distilled water. Neem seed tea I am using with worm castings as a preventative measure. So far so good.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If it’s bud rot and you spot it early you can cut out affected parts of bud and stay vigilant. If caught late you may have to cut entire buds or branches. If powdery mildew spray with neem oil. If much of plant is infected it’s likely systemic and you should chop plant. I’m a MA grower and lost two plants to powdery mildew last year (2-3 lbs worth). What a bummer! Good luck.

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

If it’s bud rot and you spot it early you can cut out affected parts of bud and stay vigilant. If caught late you may have to cut entire buds or branches. If powdery mildew spray with neem oil. If much of plant is infected it’s likely systemic and you should chop plant. I’m a MA grower and lost two plants to powdery mildew last year (2-3 lbs worth). What a bummer! Good luck.
do you use neem oil when plants are in flower?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i also grow outside in MA in the summer. about 30 yards from the river. lost two to pm last summer, in green house we erected. had 2 fans one on each side of 2 plant could not control the humidity pm set in, couldn't save them. no green house this summer we are going to use a leaf blower when it rains?
see what happens?

any good preventive measures for worms?

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

i also grow outside in MA in the summer. about 30 yards from the river. lost two to pm last summer, in green house we erected. had 2 fans one on each side of 2 plant could not control the humidity pm set in, couldn't save them. no green house this summer we are going to use a leaf blower when it rains?
see what happens?

any good preventive measures for worms?
a leaf blower!!! now there is an idea!!!
worms why is that an issue?

frebo

frebo

I do think my mold is caused by the weather though
Bud rot and moth larvae are different, IMHO. I get them both late in the fall when the rains come and the humidity gets high enough you can’t keep them dry. I just bought the BTK. I want to try that.

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

If its budworms, they drop like paratroopers when the plants are hangdrying. Just leave a bin under them to see what falls out.
I am just such a dope. Of course I see worms when I am drying!! So my question to you is when do I start BTK and when do I stop using it? Safer is a good product but I don't want to smoke it!

Madbud

Madbud

I am just such a dope. Of course I see worms when I am drying!! So my question to you is when do I start BTK and when do I stop using it? Safer is a good product but I don't want to smoke it!
I won’t lie, i used btk last year up to a week before chop and dunked everything in water before hanging. Still had tiny ones hatch while hanging, and i mean tiny. Could spot the little thread by backlighting with a flashlight. Eating btk kills them, its not an insecticide. I spray before and after a rainstorm to get good coverage and start when they flip to flower. Thuricide is only 15%, Monterey is 98%. This year may be different, its been much hotter and drier.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Bud rot and moth larvae are different, IMHO. I get them both late in the fall when the rains come and the humidity gets high enough you can’t keep them dry. I just bought the BTK. I want to try that.
what is
what is BTK?

Top Bottom