mold in my light warrior mix?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
First time using soil. I recently popped a bunch of seeds and didnt want to make a seperate feed mix( i do coco) so i thought soil would be a good option(jus feed teas) .
when i opened the bag of light warrior it looked like it had spyder eggs in a web (yellow balls with a web/mold around them). I assumed this was the mycrohyze that it comes with but now that I see this in every cup next to the seedlings, i jus wanted to make sure. any experienced light warrior users wanna chime in?

confu

Mold in my light warrior mix
Mold in my light warrior mix 2

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

First time using soil. I recently popped a bunch of seeds and didnt want to make a seperate feed mix( i do coco) so i thought soil would be a good option(jus feed teas) .
when i opened the bag of light warrior it looked like it had spyder eggs in a web (yellow balls with a web/mold around them). I assumed this was the mycrohyze that it comes with but now that I see this in every cup next to the seedlings, i jus wanted to make sure. any experienced light warrior users wanna chime in?

confu

View attachment 339061View attachment 339063

damn confu, not a good intro for a first soil run. ive used it in the past for small clones and popping beans but never had any mold issues. Fwiw FF can be inconsistent with their soils and i have came across some "weird" batches. Did you just pick that bag of LW up? could have been an issue of how it was stored. ive never seen mycorrhizae do anything like that. much luck if you keep rocking it, ur sprouts dont seem to mind at all - which is key.Z

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
damn confu, not a good intro for a first soil run. ive used it in the past for small clones and popping beans but never had any mold issues. Fwiw FF can be inconsistent with their soils and i have came across some "weird" batches. Did you just pick that bag of LW up? could have been an issue of how it was stored. ive never seen mycorrhizae do anything like that. much luck if you keep rocking it, ur sprouts dont seem to mind at all - which is key.Z

yea Z man, jus picked the bag up and opened it the same day. the bag was hot as hell and damp apon opening of it so im not sure if that had nething to do with it. popped a few hundred$ in seeds so this shit better not fuckwit em. lol i guess only time will tell

confu

R

redrum

The soil should come slightly moist, and if its alive n kickn will prob stay a lil above room temp

Seen this when I stored soil in a trashcan and forgot to mix it for a while. I used that soil with no bad effects.

Would def wait for somebody else to chime in, it could be a good sign

Might wanna sprinkle some dry soil on in the meantime

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Hit it with a light tea. I figure ur bennies will put it in place if need be

organicozarks

organicozarks

It's from it being so moist. Very typical when cloning, and sprouting seeds in soil. Especially if you place a plastic cup on top like a mini greenhouse. Fungus is everywhere. Not all fungus is bad.

sky high

sky high

Where are you sourcing your ingredients and what are you using in your mix ro replicate FFOF, ozark?

organicozarks

organicozarks

I don't replicate anything. I have a custom mix that I use that I have tested for almost 2 years. It was not solely tested on cannabis. It was tested on many varieties of vegetable crops, as well as cannabis. I may have it for sale sometime in the next year or so, but honestly I am not in a hurry as the other things I sell move much faster than this soil will. As far as ingredients go, I source from the manufacturers, and larger distributors. I am sure more than one of you are my customers already. Once I get moved to Denver maybe I can let everyone in on my little secret. :)

sky high

sky high

It will be interesting to see if being in Colorado is a benefit for your biz and what you have up your sleeve. We could use a decent soil mix created locally with wide availability and a realistic price here. I've used OF for many years as a base (with my own tweeks) and recharge/reuse it- occasionally buying a new bag or two here or there. When I had my store I bought it 66 bags (pallet) at a time to save on shipping....but it was still a loss loser/wasn't a money-maker though I sold a shitload of it.

good luck on the relocate

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Z, i was planning on hitting with a tea when they get a lil older thnx

Orgainc, i only needed one bag and something forshure wouldnt butn them, that why i didnt mix my own. Still not set on going full soil. I like coco and i do ammend it, every mix i add a lil more stuff so im learning slowly.
Confu

S

slap14

confu

View attachment 339061View attachment 339063

That's nothing to worry about in my opinion. I mix my own soil and store it in 44 gallon trash cans. If I get it too moist/wet it will sprout the same looking fungus. I just dump it out mix it up get some air into it and put it back in. Like Ozark said fungus can be a good thing. I would hold off on the tea or anything till it dries out a little bit. Some people love to create that fungus using soil and baby oatmeal to use in teas.

Good luck with the grow

Slap

socalpunx

socalpunx

Wet soil with alot of organic material will get mold or mildew of some kind not always but it happens

Myco

Myco

I make my own organic mix, and as I let it "cook" I see this everytime.

Nothing to worry about at all my friend. Your seedlings will be fine... good luck with your selection!

Top Bottom