Mold Mildew Prevention

• Thread starter Lisa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

I’m about to start a grow with some Chemdaug plants. I understand Chemdaug is susceptible to mildew and mold. I live in the high desert with low humidity have a 4x4 tent – use 4 600w leds – have exhaust fan and regular fan in tent. I also have a humidifier in the tent as the humidity in the house is usually 30s or lower. However, I fought powdery mildew on my last grow and don’t want to go there again. I think last time I adjusted my regular fan up too high for just a week and that was all it took. I have read about having one fan high and another on the other side of the tent low to cause more circulation. Any other tips? Will nematodes help prevent PM?

sgvthc

sgvthc

Here's a few things you can try:
Hepa Filters
UV lights (10-15 mins before lights on, and after lights off)
Sulfur Burners (last resort)
Good old fashioned baking soda and dish soap mixture
Maker sure you got plenty of airflow
Defoliate unneeded lower leaves whenever possible
I'd skip the humidifier as your plants would naturally humidify your tent.

Lisa22

Lisa22

Thanks, for the ideas = will check out hepa and uv. When I have the humidifier off the humidity in the tent will read low 40's is that OK first weeks with clones?
Will make sure to do airflow and defoliate. If get pm will add soap to baking soda - don't even want to think about :cry:

sgvthc

sgvthc

Clones should be in humidity domes until rooted. So the humidity in the tent during this phase shouldnt matter. Only what's in the dome. You can use one of those hygrometers with a probe to monitor humidity in the dome. But usually if I see dew accumulate on the dome it's a good enough indicator for me.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I have read about having one fan high and another on the other side of the tent low to cause more circulation
^ do this.. In addition to a clip fan positioned higher, I use 9" high velocity fan(s) on low 24/7 on the floor, it really helps, good luck!

Lisa22

Lisa22

^ do this.. In addition to a clip fan positioned higher, I use 9" high velocity fan(s) on low 24/7 on the floor, it really helps, good luck!
Good - I got some tower fans on sale and will add that a clip fan higher in the back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom