mold on my hash

• Thread starter boxmunch9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxmunch9

I had a bag of 70grams unpressed bubble hash that i didnt open for a couple of weeks and it got mold on it. I was wondering can I turn that hash into something else like honey oil? If so how to i go about it. thanks ballers

I

igrohydro

If you roll it thin or press it thin an place in cardboard and put it in the freezer overnight the mold should come to the surface.
Im not sure if this will work for you but its worked for me.
Wipe the moisture of with cloth when you remove it.
goodluck.

B

boxmunch9

i havent tried it yet, I had a hard time rolling it out, I'm hopin someone chimes in with a method to refine it to a oil or something. I guess i could cook with it but im not a big fan of eating bud, i could only imagen how long i'd sleep with a brownie made from bubba bubble

W

wetone

if its in a block why not cut out the infected bits? does it run through the block like a piece of blue cheese? thats what i would o but i cant see it do you have a pic? that may help the creative juices get a flowin
wetone

R

rome

I would smoke the mold ,hoping that it is psycadelic!! :party0023:

U

ugonehated

the whole mold thing freaks me out, im on my 1st grow and i want to do EVERYTHING in my power to avoid that, any suggestions on how to do so?

W

Worddd

damn thats a shame man, mold is the number 1 enemy of society, hope you get rid of the mold so you can smoke that shiat:rastadancing:

B

boxmunch9

its strange mold, its almost hard to see and it run through everything. I think im gonna use alcohol to make oil outta it.

I

igrohydro

You should do the freezer meth first,it should rise to be wiped off.Try it youv'e only the mold to loose.:rauch08:
peace.:party0033:

M

mickeyspliff

Sorry to hear of your mold problem. You definatly gotta make sure it's dry before you pack it away. I've seen mold on pressed water extacted hash as it's hard to remove all moisture. I find it's better to press after it drys.

D

Donk Frog

get a food dehydrator for next time, run on the no heat setting hash is bone dry soon enough

M

mickeyspliff

you can also place your screen or whatever you capture the resin in, on a towel. That draws most of the water away, then the hash is easily removed from the screen. Put the resin on a coffee filter and back on a dry towel.

B

boxmunch9

The crazy thing is it was totally dry, I had a ton that i rolled into 1oz balls and then I had only that 70g bag left, the balls are fine but the loose bubble just got a little funky. I think it was from keeping the ziplock closed for prolly 2weeks. I still havent fucked with it yet, because i have so much bubble that isnt moldy, I know people make "budder" by refining keif, so i figured i could do that with this bubble but Im clueless as how to do it

Z

zoefresssh666

strange mold does not sound good at all haha, good luck, Box!

E

Elemental

So sorry for whats happened to you,i could reccomend to you TO NOT PRESS IT NEVER........................

leave it in powder or small chunks its the best way for enjoy your own/homemade RESIN in my book,

talking about your problem.................unfortunally mold its a part of your bubble,its not impurity or dirt on resin,with a not clean product you can do "THE PURIFICATION" hot water,hash'chunks in it,leave it for some mins,and you can SEE and SMELL all the SHIT IN IT!

but with mold this way not work at all,never ever had mold on my buble,just used to make it some mold'buds from the out and in this case you can stay safe,cuz mold stay away from your final product............

probably the freezer 'way its the only way,

here you can see ALOTS of RESIN pressed,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SX-XWDUKo

sorry to say but for me its a great mistake press it,i like to think that

RESIN LIKE THE AIR

JUST LIKE CANNABIS ROOTS

sorry again for your stuff and keep posted about your attemps,can definetly help!

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

its hash clean it with water real good you shouldnt loss much

Blaze

Blaze

You can make ISO/alcohol hash with moldy hash and/or bud. The alcohol will sterilize the hash and make it safe to smoke again. Personally I would be very leery about any other method because you simply cannot see mold spores and you will not be able to really "clean" it using any sort of physical method like freezing or water.

D

Dubwobble

I tried smoking some moldy bubble hash (it was super melty og kush bubble).

The mold was the kind that makes stuff smell like mildew.

The hash tasted like dirty socks, and freaking killed my lungs. Hacked for a while and tried more... every bit tasted like mildew.

- nasty -

It also made me feel kinda flu-ish (hot and cold spells, stuffed up nose) for a couple days.

NOT recommended. :lipssealed

I'd like to hear if the alcohol works...

Latest posts

Top Bottom