Mold (PM) Why?

• Thread starter Ruger85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ruger85

Ruger85

Room conditions- 900 sqft- fluence LEDs, 4 quest 225’s- 2 5 ton ac’s, all connected to an environmental controller. Very dialed in.
Problem
In wk 6, the transformer blew outside my facility. Unfortunately I do not have anything to worn me of that. The plants were in 98% humidity for 20 hours. Water dripping off the walls. PM started a few days after.
The room is back to normal but the PM is still growing and I can’t seem to get rid of it. Day is 73-75 F with around 45 to 50 rh. Night is around 67- 70 with an average of 47 RH. Never going above 55 rh at night.
Why is the mold still growing? I have been spot spraying but it seems to continue to pop up . Cheers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Once its growing you cant stop it with environment and spot spraying. You need to remove all infected leaves very carefully and burn sulphur for the rest of the grow if you dont want it to destroy the crop. You say you're in about week 7? How much time left before chop?

PM aint nothin to fuk with. Dont underestimate its ability to wipe out the entire crop. I've run many large grows and in your shoes, without question I'd be in there pulling anything with white on it and burning sulphur right away.

B

Burned Haze

Not 100% true, you need to focus on vpd

it’s about airflow and the optimism plants leafs, don’t keep shade bottom leafs and leafs that are yellow/dieing ( remove any leaf that does cover the buds, your growing buds not leafs )

LED’s you need to run the canopy based on the VPD vs a fixed humidity % score

Learn vpd ( most important part) https://getpulse.co/blog/vpd

don’t run your room based on fixed low humidity and trying to “ battle”the humidity that way, not only more electrical and waste . Look at all that cannabis outdoors ( yes some, it’s the airflow) you can have practically have 50%-100% aka non rain and th2e plants will be fine for days. I live in a area where in the last 3-4 weeks is just pure humidity and rain and I still get high % amount of bud. If you can seal your room enough to co2 and have the proper higher heat

Veg C02 veg 900ppm-1000ppm
Veg 17lights hours on /7 hours off (saves you 28-30hours a month! Without any negative )
Flower c02 ppm 1000ppm-1500ppm
Temp 80-86f when lights on

—————
now on prevention for mold:
Use this product with other ipm every 7-12 days ( systemics )

—-

dirt is right on a infected plant It’s like aids, prevention is the only key. Don’t play around

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruger85

Ruger85

It's the high % then massive drop that gets it rolling. Then they take over. Not my opinions... just what the research shows.
Hmm, interesting. My environmental reader said that my nighttime is averaging 70 F and 51 RH. It seems that’s a little above what the article is saying causes the spores to grow but I’m still having issues. I raised both up a few numbers to see if that will help. Cheers

Ruger85

Ruger85

Once its growing you cant stop it with environment and spot spraying. You need to remove all infected leaves very carefully and burn sulphur for the rest of the grow if you dont want it to destroy the crop. You say you're in about week 7? How much time left before chop?

PM aint nothin to fuk with. Dont underestimate its ability to wipe out the entire crop. I've run many large grows and in your shoes, without question I'd be in there pulling anything with white on it and burning sulphur right away.
About to start flushing. Two weeks left. I’ve never used a sulphur burner. Will have to look into that. Cheers

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hmm, interesting. My environmental reader said that my nighttime is averaging 70 F and 51 RH. It seems that’s a little above what the article is saying causes the spores to grow but I’m still having issues. I raised both up a few numbers to see if that will help. Cheers

Humidity control is only viable for prevention. Once its growing in the plants and reached a point where it is producing spores it is nearly unstoppable and will continue to grow in any humidity level.

2 weeks out though you are limited for options. I wouldnt burn at all in the last 10 days, and ideally you need a week of burns to suppress it. One burn wont really stop it.

In the future I'd look into the stuff Burned haze posted if you can get it and it's in the budget. Regalia is good stuff. But the Lp guys I know still use sulphur in veg instead as it's just more cost effective.

Ruger85

Ruger85

Not 100% true, you need to focus on vpd

it’s about airflow and the optimism plants leafs, don’t keep shade bottom leafs and leafs that are yellow/dieing ( remove any leaf that does cover the buds, your growing buds not leafs )

LED’s you need to run the canopy based on the VPD vs a fixed humidity % score

Learn vpd ( most important part) https://getpulse.co/blog/vpd

don’t run your room based on fixed low humidity and trying to “ battle”the humidity that way, not only more electrical and waste . Look at all that cannabis outdoors ( yes some, it’s the airflow) you can have practically have 50%-100% aka non rain and th2e plants will be fine for days. I live in a area where in the last 3-4 weeks is just pure humidity and rain and I still get high % amount of bud. If you can seal your room enough to co2 and have the proper higher heat

Veg C02 veg 900ppm-1000ppm
Veg 17lights hours on /7 hours off (saves you 28-30hours a month! Without any negative )
Flower c02 ppm 1000ppm-1500ppm
Temp 80-86f when lights on

—————
now on prevention for mold:
Use this product with other ipm every 7-12 days ( systemics )

—-

dirt is right on a infected plant It’s like aids, prevention is the only key. Don’t play around
My controller tells me what the vpd is at all times. The issue is every cannabis site gives different opinions and graphs on vpd.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Next time try using some potassium silicate and foliar spraying once a week or every other week. Good way to prevent/control PM while in Veg or early bloom. I wouldn't spray on finishing buds, though. Helps build stronger plants, too.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Room conditions- 900 sqft- fluence LEDs, 4 quest 225’s- 2 5 ton ac’s, all connected to an environmental controller. Very dialed in.
Problem
In wk 6, the transformer blew outside my facility. Unfortunately I do not have anything to worn me of that. The plants were in 98% humidity for 20 hours. Water dripping off the walls. PM started a few days after.
The room is back to normal but the PM is still growing and I can’t seem to get rid of it. Day is 73-75 F with around 45 to 50 rh. Night is around 67- 70 with an average of 47 RH. Never going above 55 rh at night.
Why is the mold still growing? I have been spot spraying but it seems to continue to pop up . Cheers
it will, also get in your soil,then every time you try to reuse it same thing pm,ive been told but would not under any circumstance do it,but folks are spraying with hydrogen peroxide,nope no me,i do spray with milk and water ,old remeide most say dont work,keeps mine at bay,doesnt get ride of it ,but does keep at bay,like mentioned the sudden drops in temps cause it,this year im reworking all my soil in my outdoor containers because of it,this past season pm ate me up ,i mean bad so out with the soil in with new,hard to control it with 40 degree swing in temps day and night

Top Bottom