Mold? Tip burn? Am I doing this wrong?

• Thread starter AdkBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AdkBuds

- Is that mold on my starter plugs?
- Is the tip burn cause for concern?
- My res has a smell to it despite me thoroughly cleaning my system Friday. Now the green shows up. Time to worry or normal?

Mold tip burn am i doing this wrong

The white does not concern me since I had used H2O2 in my water but the green makes me very worried. It looks more like mold than algae but I’m no expert, is it worrying? It is not on the hydrotron or plants, only the rooting plugs. If it is not normal can I simply pull the rooting plugs off and cover the roots with hydrotron and continue?

Mold tip burn am i doing this wrong 2

A few of my plants have this. It’s more prevalent in my ebb & flow style system than in my DWC buckets but is present somewhat in both groups. I had thought it was either from cold temps, overwatering, or light burn from being too zealous early on, but I added a heater in there Thursday, let them dry out a little all weekend, and I adjusted my light days ago, yet more show symptoms so I’m not so sure on what’s causing it now. They have had growth spurts since the temp adjustment and the water change, but generally do seem small for their age.

Nearly 2.5 weeks from sprout (Germination/project began March 1)
Had teething troubles early; this is my first hydro grow & I redid my grow room completely for it.
At 18/6 hours light at 25% intensity, 60% RH, 65-75’ F temps (had been too cold). Dozen Hydrofarm/Active Aqua grow flow pots and 5 DWC. Water left in a drum for a day with H2O2. Hydroguard & powdered enzymes added when water was changed & sent into res drum. RAW powdered water soluble nutes used at measures on packaging for week 2.
I washed out my res & systems after noticing a smell and cleaned it thoroughly Friday. Swapped DWC buckets out entirely. That night and the next day parameters were alright.
Mold tip burn am i doing this wrong 4

Now tonight I found it like this, although it had actually been at 6.5 PH and I nudged it down a bit before remembering to take a picture.
Mold tip burn am i doing this wrong 3

I’ve read of one falling and the other rising but both rising perplexes me.

There has been decent water loss and noticeable visible growth, so I know some of the ppm increase could be from nutes becoming concentrated as the girls drink. So I take it I have more notes than they could handle and they’re taking up more water, but would that also explain the PH rise? Just a bit confused on what is going on and what I need to do differently.

Grow diary for this group with more info: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/sonic-hedgehog-grow-speed-1st-time-hydro.147161/#post-2936180

A

AdkBuds

Smell has gone away now & so have the bubbles so I guess the reservoir was becoming established? However the DWC oddly has some goo.

Good goo or bad goo?

DB95F695 7BA4 4528 B7F2 D5E2B051C095
4F3D811C D549 4725 A4CF A902AD5A4963

Top Bottom