MOLOKAI FROST/LAND RACE STRAINS

• Thread starter DirtyHwn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DirtyHwn

DirtyHwn

Anyone have any info on the strains from the island of molokai?

Dirtboy808

Dirtboy808

The Molokai Frost: FlyinHawaiian was going to college at U of H Hilo campus, can't remember the year early 2000. He met a fellow smoker from Molokai. This guy had a uncle who grew on Molokai. He went by the name The General. Hawaiian told me everything you want to know about the Frost is on IC Mag. I do know they had 10 seeds only and Hawaiian got 5 , the other guy lost the line. They have been open pollination 3 or 4 time max. Not sure what happened to The General. When the boys got seeds they got his Molokai Citrus Kush also.. Surfdout only got one female and we have kept it alive. I will be using her with a Old Maui line I was blessed to be given. Hau'oli Makahiki Hou !!
Aloha DB
PS The Frost got her name in Hilo , was different on Molokai

DirtyHwn

DirtyHwn

The Molokai Frost: FlyinHawaiian was going to college at U of H Hilo campus, can't remember the year early 2000. He met a fellow smoker from Molokai. This guy had a uncle who grew on Molokai. He went by the name The General. Hawaiian told me everything you want to know about the Frost is on IC Mag. I do know they had 10 seeds only and Hawaiian got 5 , the other guy lost the line. They have been open pollination 3 or 4 time max. Not sure what happened to The General. When the boys got seeds they got his Molokai Citrus Kush also.. Surfdout only got one female and we have kept it alive. I will be using her with a Old Maui line I was blessed to be given. Hau'oli Makahiki Hou !!
Aloha DB
Mahaloz for this response! My uncle been growing on Molokai since he was a teen and the breed he has was passed from his father. I grew it from seeds few times in Cali but I finally have a garden with this breed only. Only thing is I don’t know what it’s called. I see frost, I’ve read Molokai gold or yellow. Just trying to piece the story together and see if anyone else get it and what they experience in growing and burning it. My uncle never gave away seeds without interbreeding it first ensuring that his breed would never leave Molokai. My dad grew with him and said there was only one other person with that breed on Molokai but they lost it to breeding with other strains.

DirtyHwn

DirtyHwn

Aloha DB
This is some of the missing story I’m looking for. I grew up knowing my uncle as having the Molokai breed. Everyone wanted it but couldn’t get and when he gave seeds he always bred with lesser plants first. Anyone claiming it now started late after him. He’s been growing same genetics from 50’s/60’s. I’m trying to order some frost seeds from good gear to pop and compare with my uncle and see where the frost stands. Figure out if what we have is considered gold, yellow or frost.

Top Bottom