Mom Thread!

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

okay. so after taking over a large SOG grow for my collective (last grower wasnt cuttin it) im in a new realm with little actual experience myself, im relying a lot on the internet and help from others. anyways... i need help with my 22+ mothers.

i wanted to start this thread for people to post about there mothers.

like everything, what is your feeding regimen, what kind of medium, or even soil or hydro. im looking for more soil info, but i would like this thread to just be a wealth of mother information if we can manage. so spill your guts

So my moms are ranging from month or two old to about 8-10 months +++ old. four are a year+ for sure. those four are in 25 gal smart pots.

the 22 main ones i cut from (those four are about toast) i just transplanted from 5 gal plastic pots into 15 gal smart pots. using happy frog soil.

as far as feeding then, i try to feed every 10 days give or take the size of the mom and how much ive been cutting on them

also my moms are TALL! way taller than they should be, and generally just not looking like i want them too. (another reason im starting this thread)

when i cut on them i usually try to fill one or two 50 spot rockwool slabs. and unfortunately i dont really have a cloning schedule yet, i just cut a lot of clones when i think the moms are ready, as i can move extras through the club...

ill keep this post short as to not lose attention, pics soon to come of all my MOMMAS.

J

jakew215

Here are some pictures i took during transplant a few days ago...

i know there are plenty of SOG growers around here, feel free to chime in on you routine and what not. i think the mom is the heart of every good grow op. it all starts with even cut/healthy clones...

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0766-1.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0765.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0764.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0763.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0762.jpg

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
coco for moms that need to produce alot of cuts fast. feed them once a week. trim up the bottom of the mom then I start topping. Then they eventually get too bushy and I recycle a clone into a new mom. I like to have multiple moms so I can take enough cuts. I like to take 2-4x clones then choose the best ones to flower. Extras then given away.

Timing for recycling mom is the tricky part. Once a mom gets lollypopped the top can become too bushy. I then start up another 8-10 moms and trash the lollyppped mom. Then by the end of the 2 month cycle I have large enough moms for another sog run. After taking cuts then can get rid of the extras. too much is easy to solve but too little is not.

I have screwed this up then did not have enough moms for the next run.

I been trying out the mother plant nutrient along with nitrozyme for maintaining mothers. Seems to work fine. I find organic moms with teas are cheapest and easiest to maintain.

Longest I kept a mom was 2 years.

Those oil drain pans for trays?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I keep my moms in Sunshine Advanced mix #4. I use the same coco mix for my cycles. I don't run SOG so I don't need mass amounts of clones per mom, though I could with the mothers I keep. I think it is key to have a schedule to plan accordingly when dealing with multiple strains. You could use DWC buckets, and grow your moms big fast then replace the mother with itself when you feel it's needed. I have grown a large plant outdoors, for instance, and took like 30+ clones from her easily. These clones were super healthy with strong roots, quick. I use a DIY EZ cloner type system and I get good results.

I use Mother Plant A/B, Great White, SuperThrive, General Organics CalMag+ (0-0-0 NPK), Silica Blast, & when needed I like to use some BudSwell. All that in aerated/bubbled tap water. Of course I alter my feed to the plants. Anyone think there is enough Cal & Mag in Mother Plant to drop the CalMag+? I do have to use CalMag+ through my grow/bloom cycle to supplement the water.

Only other thing I can think of would be perfecting your environment, and CO2 supplementation. Oh and good air circulation. Best of luck with your grow by the way!

Cheers,
Crom

opt1c

opt1c

pure coco for myself... keep about 3 moms on hand for production cuts; treat em like a bonsai when taking cuts to make em branch out; prune out the middle to even growth among the tops and allow for better airflow; i feed dutch master nutes or gh micro/bloom at 6/9 ml per gal; h&g drip clean; cannazym; and sometimes rizotonic or h&g's roots excell; water saucers and let the coco wick it up; feed with ph6 water for 3 days prior to taking cuts; usually take the healthiest cut and nurse it into a new mom; old moms get tossed outside in the summer to flower ;)

gnatrol or merit applied with nutes if needed; azatrol as a preventative; and if i need to pump out cuts faster i hit em with liquid light and saturator as a foliar; and if i'm really treating em nice i'll alternate that with fulvic acid and saturator; then spray & grow and saturator; sometimes i'll even do a spray of ralph's ultra lush with saturator; all sprayed with the lights on; cuts down recovery time after cuts to near zero and the plants love it; my wallet not so much

i like to have enough moms at the right size where i don't have to do that much work though

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i'm using mother plant nutrients and have been for 6 months or so and i like it. cant say they pop faster or they are more healthier then i could have made with a base but it works and since it's the same price i figure why not.

i'm running in soiless but just transplanted my first mom into coco to try it out. got a Chemdog D running in 2 gal bag of soiless right now that came out of dixie tonight and is about 8" tall so we shall see if this coco is all that everyone claims. i'm thinking smart pots in the future for all mothers.

fyi i'm not a sog guy but i support alot of grows with my moms so i need lots of cuts as well :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The first thing I'd probably do is start new mothers from clone. There is a risk of genetic drift by continuously rotating new moms, but usually it takes a few generations. Those girls can't even be cut down, because the bottom half of them is all stem. If my mothers start getting too tall, I just take off the top 1/3 of the plant. Gently, so as not too stress her too much. I LST any seedling i plan on turning into a mother, also. Looks like these mamas weren't trained at all. Good luck with your new project- looks like you have your hands full! Peace.

J

jakew215

no i inherited these mothers, dont really know much on there history, other than about the last three months they have been in my control...

i transplanted about 25 new clones to become potential mothers just now...

got 50+ moms now on my floor. im running out of room, im beginning to think my new house is still gonna be too small... lol ughh. i think ill end up getting rid of a lot of these moms, as i dont think they were brought up properly...

thanks for the input guys, keep em coming...

ive been hearing more and more good things about coco...

J

jakew215

okay so i counted and wrote down all my strains last night. transplanted some clones into 5 gal buckets to make new moms. got around 50 moms now. 25 or so mature then 25 potentials.

got like 3 unlabeled that i need to have someone come tell me what they are... lol.

and my list is...

Established:

Red Dragon 1
Violator Kush 4
Lavender 2
LSD 4
XJ13 1
Utopia Haze 3
Sour Grape 2
Soul Train 2
Purple Princess (blue dream) 1
Pure Kush 1
Kaboose 1
White Rhino 1
Unlabeled 2

Total: 25

New Mothers:

Purple Snow 6
Mendo Berry 1
LSD 4
Violator Kush 6
White Rhino 3
Cali Mist 2
Warlock 1
Purp Kush 1
Blue Cross 2
Unlabeled 1

Total: 27

Gonna transplant a few more today hopefully, get this shit on track.

P

Perfecto

i don't keep mom's, but peep this dope ass post if your having a hard time with room

oldhand is a legend for this post

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

i don't keep mom's, but peep this dope ass post if your having a hard time with room

oldhand is a legend for this post

That's the thread I couldn't remember. I thought I read it on another site- and it was here at the Farm the whole time... Thanks for posting the link!

Top Bottom