Mom wont produce rooted cuts

• Thread starter Brativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brativa

Brativa

So I have a buddy that has a great variety of jilly bean from tga subcool and we are trying to keep it around. I've heard cloning for so long can really degrade the plant to be able to produce healthy cuts. He told me some guy did a jelly soak before on it when it did this before and he got roots.... you guys know what that is?I dont lol well any advice would be appreciated.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
As long as the plants are kept healthy you should be able to keep taking cuttings indefinitely. Sometimes you need to start the moms over though, I have a plant that's been around since the late 90's, just keep taking clones off clones and starting new moms as needed. It's become a but fussy but still produces beautiful flowers.

The gel they're talking about is probably clonex. I use Wilson's rooting gel which is essentially the same thing. Try using rapid rooters and clonex gel. Make sure to make the final cut just below a node, I do that cut under water to prevent an embolism, then dip the bottom inch in rooting gel then stick in a rapid rooter. 99% success rate with that method.

Top Bottom