Monster cropping clones looks good

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I took six clones from future number one and six clones from a gelato dream. It looks like six out of six clones from each batch look to be making it. I've never had 100% rooting from clones before. This is my first time monster cropping so it's kind of exciting to get all 12 of the clones to root. I took the cuttings about a week and a half ago and I'm starting to see root development on all 12 clones. I have the light cycle adjusted to 18/6. I have humidity domes with roughly about 70 to 80% humidity. The temperatures ranging from 70 to 76° at any given time. I have a maxi son vs. 1000 and barina 2000 at 50%. I will be taking the clones out of the humidity dome and repotting them once I see more root development. Anybody has any valuable tips on monster cropping it would be appreciated. I've never monster cropped before.

Monster cropping clones looks good
Monster cropping clones looks good 2
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I was wondering if this method was worth it? Do you notice better yields than with just taking clones normally and training them?
this has nothing to do with yield. cloning allows you to have the same plant at the beging of veggetive stage again so you can regrow it. It's faster than planting seeds and going through the seedling stage. This is only has good results with photoperiod plants.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I originally monster cropped because I wanted to make feminized seeds with the survivors. But since they all seem to be making it I'm going to change my winter plans and grow these two strains with one or two autos. I'm still going to feminize and breeed a couple, but I'm definitely happy with how the gelato is growing so I want to keep that genetics going. I never monster cropped so I'm learning as I go.

G

geemonty

Monster cropping, usually , so many branches.
Yeah see I had read that there are more branches and nodes, but on the flip side it seems as if there are lots of potential problems as well. So the question is, are there any real benefits to monster cropping that would make it worth it? TBH I haven't found any good source with anything definitive.

G

geemonty

I originally monster cropped because I wanted to make feminized seeds with the survivors. But since they all seem to be making it I'm going to change my winter plans and grow these two strains with one or two autos. I'm still going to feminize and breeed a couple, but I'm definitely happy with how the gelato is growing so I want to keep that genetics going. I never monster cropped so I'm learning as I go.
I'd love updates. I am truly considering this method as I clone but don't have space for mothers and this might be a good option for me. I grow each plant to 2x2 and get about ~220g per about every 100 days. With my small space I am looking to squeeze every gram I can out of my plants. Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit, I guess technically its on topic. With that said please keep us updated on your MC I would love maybe yield, quality, total time of grow comparisons to your previous non MC grows of same strain.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I'd love updates. I am truly considering this method as I clone but don't have space for mothers and this might be a good option for me. I grow each plant to 2x2 and get about ~220g per about every 100 days. With my small space I am looking to squeeze every gram I can out of my plants. Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit, I guess technically its on topic. With that said please keep us updated on your MC I would love maybe yield, quality, total time of grow comparisons to your previous non MC grows of same strain.
I'll keep updates. Hopefully nothing drastically happens and I don't lose any and I can get them rocking and rolling. I will be growing in a 5x5 tent so I'm probably going to having to get 3 gallon pots. If I'm going to do all 12 or I might even have to go down to a one or two gallon I don't know yet. All I know is if I'm going to do all 12 in my tent it's going to be a little crowded. Since they're smaller photos. I might get away with 3 gallon pots. Once I get really good root system going in get them to rebadge. I might end up having to switch them back over to flower after about a month and a half worth of veg. Like I said, I'm learning as I go with this. I know that they're going to be a whole lot more bushier and a lot more nodes so I'm just going to see how they grow and then I guess I will decide when to put them back over to flower.

Observationist

Observationist

This ^^ takes longer to get them back to reveg then to flower but..more branches so yeah your yield should b bigger.my seedlings outgrow my clones...
yeanit honestly might not be worth it in the end

I mean, there’s some scenarios it could be

Like, I had a plant given to me when I first got into growing, I put it in my outdoor bed I made and it flowered out, but summer was starting and then it revegged, so I harvested some and left it, it grew into a monster bush.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Lookin' good my man, glad you decided to take my advice and save the plants after all!

Yeah, "monster cropping" (I don't even like to call it this) isn't my first choice in cloning. I generally like to take my clones before the start of flower, but life doesn't always work out the way you planned. So, at least it's a viable way to save a plant/strain if you don't have any more seeds. Whether or not it actually makes bigger plants, bigger yields, I'm sure that could be debated until the cows come home... But yes, they will take a good 3 or 4 weeks to fully revert to Veg so just be patient!

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Lookin' good my man, glad you decided to take my advice and save the plants after all!

Yeah, "monster cropping" (I don't even like to call it this) isn't my first choice in cloning. I generally like to take my clones before the start of flower, but life doesn't always work out the way you planned. So, at least it's a viable way to save a plant/strain if you don't have any more seeds. Whether or not it actually makes bigger plants, bigger yields, I'm sure that could be debated until the cows come home... But yes, they will take a good 3 or 4 weeks to fully revert to Veg so just be patient!
Yeah it's definitely a slow process, but I learned patience with gardening a long time ago. I think I'm just going to keep cloning off the re veg and keep the strain going for outdoors next season. Maybe I can refine my LST with this plant and try different things in hopes to maximize yield and potency. Either way I'm all in with the future and gelato. It's a fun project for me in the winter and a fun challenge for outdoors next season.

CKoko13

CKoko13

This ^^ takes longer to get them back to reveg then to flower but..more branches so yeah your yield should b bigger.my seedlings outgrow my clones...
Agreed. I've never once had a clone grow bigger than seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom