Monster Cropping W/a Twist

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monstacropn

monstacropn

Ok so I made some clones off of my THC Bomb strain while in flowering and multiple tops shot out. In my growing area of the house i just moved into I noticed some trees was blocking the grow area and and removed some of them; the higher branches I would have to climb the trees and trim them so I planned on doing that soon. I had noticed the plant wasn't vegging and actually flowering way to early do to sun blockage I believe. To shorten this story up I believe in it's earlier stages it was to veg. it had altered back and forth 3 times or more now I have a beautiful little 3 to 4 foot tall bud of a plant. Literally it has try-clones about 1 foot from the ground all the way up. I believe it may possibly be a new way of growing? Here's some pictures
Monster cropping wa twist 3
Monster cropping wa twist
Monster cropping wa twist 2

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Mine did the same things. I started my plants early, but cloudy days in June caused some early blooming. Each bloom became a few branches on some plants. My hope is that it will give me more tops.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Mine aren't tall, but they sure do have a lot of tops that look like they will fill in. My girl scouts are filling in nicely, but they aren't big around. The sweet Afghan delicious didn't bud early . Instead, was laid over, and it has fewer bigger tops. It's not very tall, either. That could be pilot error, though. It's my first grow.

monstacropn

monstacropn

Mine aren't tall, but they sure do have a lot of tops that look like they will fill in. My girl scouts are filling in nicely, but they aren't big around. The sweet Afghan delicious didn't bud early . Instead, was laid over, and it has fewer bigger tops. It's not very tall, either. That could be pilot error, though. It's my first grow.
gratz on your first grow and my THC Bomb plant is short as well and maybe has 8 tops but has tri-clones starting at the lowest fullage of the plant to the top

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
About 25 years ago when I was a gorilla grower in Florida I would plant my batches under small scrub Oaks. The shade from the scrub Oaks would initiate flowering early allowing me to pull the males. Then I would cut down the scrub Oak and allow the full sun to hit the plants. The plants would go back into vegetative stage until the natural flowering season started . Sometimes I would get short plants because of this . And then the scrub oak wood become camouflage for anybody walking up on my patches.

monstacropn

monstacropn

About 25 years ago when I was a gorilla grower in Florida I would plant my batches under small scrub Oaks. The shade from the scrub Oaks would initiate flowering early allowing me to pull the males. Then I would cut down the scrub Oak and allow the full sun to hit the plants. The plants would go back into vegetative stage until the natural flowering season started . Sometimes I would get short plants because of this . And then the scrub oak wood become camouflage for anybody walking up on my patches.
With your shorter plants that alternated grow cycles was the quality in their buds worth the time and effort ?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

With your shorter plants that alternated grow cycles was the quality in their buds worth the time and effort ?
Sure why wouldn't it be ?? plants would be mature to flip to flower even light dep plants need to be mature before it would flip ..
although Quality in involves healthy environment, healthy plants, but also quality is in the plants Genetics she can only produce what she is capable of
only real difference is yield
Have grown hundreds of clones rooted an in 12 /12 instead of vegging and you wouldn't know the difference if smoked

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Absolutely.
The majority of what I grew back then were sativa dominant hybrid of some sort. Usually the shorter ones were indica dominant, and a heavier type of high for us. Sometimes we would think that the short ones were a little better. Peace

monstacropn

monstacropn

Absolutely.
The majority of what I grew back then were sativa dominant hybrid of some sort. Usually the shorter ones were indica dominant, and a heavier type of high for us. Sometimes we would think that the short ones were a little better. Peace
Yeah; it seams that way my favorite tree right now is my smallest one; showing best signs of potency. I agreee.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

These are the ones that tried to bud early, then slipped back into veg. The Girl Scout Cookie on the far right was a late clone (mid July), but it did the same thing.

IMG 8943
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

all i do is take a clone from lower end of the plant 4th - 5th week of flower
I think people get confused about monster cropping thinking if they take a clone 2 weeks into flowering its a monster cropped clone ..
personally its not all what happend is plant grows deformed eventually it breakx free, but what you really got is a wirey plant
When you take a clone from a flowering plant it should have already ahalf assed bud on it
takes little longer to root an re veg but what happens is that once bud explodes in lateral branching
this pic is untouched monster cropped clone which took month to root and about 4 weeks under 24 hr light to look anything like a normal plant
Monster cropping is not the best way to make a busy plant as it takes longer
but its a great way if you have time to let her do her thing .
When i take monster cuts is in late fall allowing me time to veg her under T5 over winter and by spring she can go out side
or if all normal clones failed last ditch effort to keep strain alive by monster cropping
IMG2980
IMG2974
IMG3276
IMG3213
IMG3214

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

the above plant is untouched monster crop clone Cherry pie in 18 gallon pots

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I took my clones (29 Gorilla Glue and one Sweet Afghani) almost 3 weeks in & no where near as far along as yours. I used peat pellets and didn't do them quite as deep either. I did get 3 nodes per clone, though. Really they haven't done well. Very little new leaf growth, but I moved them to cups yesterday & they were rooting like mad. 20 out of 30 had one inch roots or better sticking out of the pellets on day 21.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Especially in a state like Fla., yes.
These are the ones that tried to bud early, then slipped back into veg. The Girl Scout Cookie on the far right was a late clone (mid July), but it did the same thing.
They look like they're going to flower out pretty nicely even so.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I've never even heard of monster cropping haha. In my experience, depending on how long you've revegged the plant, there are all sorts of differences in growth which I personally don't find beneficial. Here's my experience with about a month of reveg. First, you get lots of dead brown calyxes, which can not only increase your chances of budrot, but it just lowers the overall bag appeal and smoke quality. They are the calyxes that form during the first time you flower. You'll see them on the bottoms of your trimmed buds and also when you break buds apart. Second, the shrubby new growth can be really leafy, which cause the plant to feed differently, often times leading to premature yellowing from the increased nitrogen demand. and third, on stretchy strains like sour diesel, every node stretches to the top. If you don't spend extra time pruning, you get loads more larf. These are my experiences, and I hope your experience turns out much better than mine. I'm actually running some accidentally 'monstercropped' deadhead og in my greenhouse, so I'm also curious to see your progress

monstacropn

monstacropn

I've never even heard of monster cropping haha. In my experience, depending on how long you've revegged the plant, there are all sorts of differences in growth which I personally don't find beneficial. Here's my experience with about a month of reveg. First, you get lots of dead brown calyxes, which can not only increase your chances of budrot, but it just lowers the overall bag appeal and smoke quality. They are the calyxes that form during the first time you flower. You'll see them on the bottoms of your trimmed buds and also when you break buds apart. Second, the shrubby new growth can be really leafy, which cause the plant to feed differently, often times leading to premature yellowing from the increased nitrogen demand. and third, on stretchy strains like sour diesel, every node stretches to the top. If you don't spend extra time pruning, you get loads more larf. These are my experiences, and I hope your experience turns out much better than mine. I'm actually running some accidentally 'monstercropped' deadhead og in my greenhouse, so I'm also curious to see your progress
here's some pictures on it's progress-- doing great!
20160913 074702
20160913 074702
20160913 074421

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I guess I should have read more before posting. I thought you were just revegging a plant, but you're cloning a flowering plant and revegging for a really long time - That's pretty interesting! I'll be following closely :)

Top Bottom