MONSTER CROPPING x EXTREME DEFOLIATION x SCRoG

• Thread starter SKPRO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SKPRO

SKPRO

SCRog + Extreme Defoliation + Monster Cropping

Results are stunning so far.. Yielded over 1LB of heavy frosty dense bud from 3 plants in 3gal pots in 3x3 tent.

Now about to compare with this DIY Aeroponics setup in 4x3 tent using monster cropped clones.. targeting >1.5LBS.

The Key: Its all about bud sites. Kill as many fan leaves as you need to to expose as many bud sites to as much light n air as possible.

Curious to see other techniques and results!

-SK

Monster cropping x extreme defoliation x scrog
Monster cropping x extreme defoliation x scrog 2
Monster cropping x extreme defoliation x scrog 3

Akabudz

Akabudz

Please post a pic of the top of the plant (side view) after defoliation just as bottom pic bit showing top of plant

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

SCRog + Extreme Defoliation + Monster Cropping

Results are stunning so far.. Yielded over 1LB of heavy frosty dense bud from 3 plants in 3gal pots in 3x3 tent.

Now about to compare with this DIY Aeroponics setup in 4x3 tent using monster cropped clones.. targeting >1.5LBS.

The Key: Its all about bud sites. Kill as many fan leaves as you need to to expose as many bud sites to as much light n air as possible.

Curious to see other techniques and results!

-SK

View attachment 1042711View attachment 1042712View attachment 1042713
Wa strain you using

CF89

CF89

Did some serious defoliation as mentioned in here. Exposed tons of bud sites

A8E2DEC7 F911 4F33 B231 718819B37B35
4F4D4B94 D1B9 45C2 8430 351EEF096075
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Nice result, was it before/after drying?
Kinda give me hope for something half decent out of my 2/4 tent 😁

SKPRO

SKPRO

Did some serious defoliation as mentioned in here. Exposed tons of bud sites

It makes a serious difference i started cutting more and more leaves and buds got bigger and bigger

SKPRO

SKPRO

Nice result, was it before/after drying?
Kinda give me hope for something half decent out of my 2/4 tent 😁

After drying and cutting off all leaves was over 16 oz worth of jars from a 3x3. Small hardly filled 3gal pots too.

Look up extreme defoliation, if done well in combination with training can increase yields ridiculously. Its the simple concept of the more buds get light and air the bigger yield.

SKPRO

SKPRO

This is about as far as i go.

If it gets too sticky and hard to reach the stems i leave them, besides that all fan leaves get removed.

Look how much even exposure to light and air (c02) the buds are getting. Its paradise for them in there.

I expect 20-25oz from this 4x3 minimum.

20201013 213024

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The trick is to evenly spread the bud sites out over your canopy especially if you are using quantum LEDs. Then defoliate anything under the canopy. You can also tuck leaves out of the way to preserve their nutrient stores for utilization deeper into flowering. Once a leaf is spent it’ll fall off on its own. I rarely take leaves from above the canopy.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
This batch is Utopia Haze

Have also tried with Northern Lights with good results, and now trying with AK and Green Cush. I know some strains yield more/less.
The ones I just started are Northern Lights x Big Buds (Autos)
I put six 3 gallon canvas pots (coco/Perlite) in my 2/4/6ft tent, I know I'll probably have to kill off three of them because of the size of the tent but it's my first grow so I germinated extra seeds and started a few extra plants so I could afford messing up some and practice some LST and still end up with a few healthy ones even if I manage to kill/stunt some of them.
I have two Mars Hydro TS1000 lights 150w each in there.

SKPRO

SKPRO

The trick is to evenly spread the bud sites out over your canopy especially if you are using quantum LEDs. Then defoliate anything under the canopy. You can also tuck leaves out of the way to preserve their nutrient stores for utilization deeper into flowering. Once a leaf is spent it’ll fall off on its own. I rarely take leaves from above the canopy.

This is the philosophy i followed as well, except the difference with extreme defoliation is removing nearly all fan leaves.. if you can manage to bunch up your buds tight together any fan leaf will cover a bud site. Even if no other bud beside it, the buds under the main colas that sit right on top of the fan leaf stem lose out on light and air when the fan leaf is still there.. try cutting stem and you'll see buds start to grow there..

Legit sacrificing as many leaves as it takes to give any lotential bud site the most air/light

SKPRO

SKPRO

The ones I just started are Northern Lights x Big Buds (Autos)
I put six 3 gallon canvas pots (coco/Perlite) in my 2/4/6ft tent, I know I'll probably have to kill off three of them because of the size of the tent but it's my first grow so I germinated extra seeds and started a few extra plants so I could afford messing up some and practice some LST and still end up with a few healthy ones even if I manage to kill/stunt some of them.
I have two Mars Hydro TS1000 lights 150w each in there.

Squish them all together, let them grow wild amongst eachother, put a net up, guide each bud site to their own hole, if one gets too tall bend it to another hole so you create a flat canvas...

All id care about is bud sites and flat even canopy. Cut everything else. Trust me the plant is resilient! As long as its relatively healthy you can bend er up quite a bit to get more buds light

CF89

CF89

I’ve asked before and never really got a solid answer:

what uses the light more efficiently? Fan leaves or bud sites? What should be getting light? Do the buds and pistils and trichomes and all that other shit absorb/need light or is that all done by fan leaves?

how many leaves do you remove at a time and when? Does it stress the Plants?

how about all those other small shoots that keep trying to grow out of the bottom of the stalk? Do you continually cut those off?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Squish them all together, let them grow wild amongst eachother, put a net up, guide each bud site to their own hole, if one gets too tall bend it to another hole so you create a flat canvas...

All id care about is bud sites and flat even canopy. Cut everything else. Trust me the plant is resilient! As long as its relatively healthy you can bend er up quite a bit to get more buds light
That's kinda what I was planning, I have plenty of air circulation and good extraction so I'll play it by ear a bit and learn as much as possible.

SKPRO

SKPRO

I’ve asked before and never really got a solid answer:

what uses the light more efficiently? Fan leaves or bud sites? What should be getting light? Do the buds and pistils and trichomes and all that other shit absorb/need light or is that all done by fan leaves?

how many leaves do you remove at a time and when? Does it stress the Plants?

how about all those other small shoots that keep trying to grow out of the bottom of the stalk? Do you continually cut those off?

From my experience and research here how id divide importance:

Early Growth: 50% bud sites/50% fan leaf
Mid Growth: 70/30
Flower: 100% bud sites all u care about

Fan leaves are good for beginning growth acting like massive solar panels that help get size and height and in turn more bud sites... so they do have value, but my point is they dont have MORE value than bud sites. Never sacrifice bud site for fan leaf.

At the end of the day its all about bud sites, period. All this work is to accumulate the most bud sites possible, that will turn into several nugs squished together to form colas. Fan leaves help juice the plant and create more sites but never let a fan leaf get in the way of bud sites.

In Flower stage, its ALL BUDS ALL THE TIME. Get a solid nutrient mix, good air circulation, solid light distribution, EVEN CANOPY, then simply remove all fan leaves. If you scan access the stem, cut it.

As long as plant is generally healthy, more direct light and air to buds = increase yields period.

CF89

CF89

I’m scared I’m defoliating too much and causing stress. I went harddddd at the start. But now that I’m caught up it’s not so bad.

That guys seeing extreme growth after 4 days. Wow. Mines not that noticeable after 14 days. I also seemed to of taken off wayyy more leaves than he did. So you’re really agreeing that he got that much growth in 8 days???

it’s interesting for sure. How often can you defoliate before the plants get stressed?

How much can you take off at once before they get stressed?

Do you keep trimming those little 1/2” long brand new baby growths on the bottom 18-24” of bare branch?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I read sonewhere strip them before u put them on 12-12 and then strip again end of week 3 afrer stretch.is this write?
Or do u strip throughtout first 3 weeks

Top Bottom