• Thread starter kansasgrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansasgrown

Monster Tower Grow
1200 watt over 5 pounds!
:harvest:

Shattered my ankle! I will not be able to fly out to take pics of the actual units for at least a month....but…..while in recovery mode I guess I will share one of my favorite growing styles, my “Monster Tower Grow”. I have made a few of these systems for close personal friends and have decided to make “do it yourself plans” for those of you that are able to do large grows without legal repercussions. You will be running 544 plants at a time so a large cloning operation will also be needed.

Tools and supplies needed:
Hammer, nails, circular saw, tape measure, drill, drill bit, waterproof wood glue, eyehooks, wing nuts with washers, 544 used 2 liter cola bottles, panda film, 1088 320 degree misters, miscellaneous hosing, large rubber bands (cord or wire can be used in place), floor fan & few pieces of scrap lumber, 2 600 digital ballasts, 2 mogul bases, wire for pulley, 2 small pulley’s, 1 light mover on a 4 foot track

Wood will need to be cut to the following dimensions. I prefer using lumber that has been rip cut to .75”. If you wish to use other thickness you will have to do the math. In lumber you will need: 48 pieces @ 8’, 152 pieces @ 14”, 152 pieces @ 17”, 40 pieces @ 5.5”. Due to the lumber being so thin I prefer pre-drilling lumber with a slightly thinner drill bit prior to nailing it to prevent lumber from splitting and I glue all joints prior to nailing to ensure rigidity. Once I have made my 8 fronts, 8 backs and 16 sides assembled I then join them together making 8 separate units. You will also need 8 pieces of 1”x4”x8’ to be nailed in a crisscross fashion with a 1” hole drilled in the middle and 1’ slots made in the ends running lengthwise to be able to loosen or tighten the wing nuts to adjust the distance of the plants from the light during its growth (this piece is important as the units would topple over without this piece). Prior to placing top supports I cover the units with panda film (minus the backs) with a + slot cut where the center of the 2 liter bottles will be (make sure top of unit and bottom level are covered). For the backs I have a free floating piece of panda film that is only attached at the top. I also have 8” of extra panda film extending off of the sides of each unit to be able to connect with the film from the next tower to make it a bit more light proof. Wooden dowels may have to be placed directly beneath each bottle to support the cola during its growth depending on strain. Drill small hole with dimension of dowel and 12” dowel can be inserted if needed or left out if not.

Some people do not like aeroponic grows due to the occasional clogging of mister jets, that is why I fit each 2 liter bottles with 2 320 degree misters (in case if 1 gets clogged during the grow). Each mister is mounted in the bend of the neck aiming to the back of each bottle (nothing inside of bottles except roots). After each grow I run H2O2 for an hour to purge the system of any buildup. Each bottle is also fitted with a drain hose which flows into a larger hose running down the frame of the tower unit. The neck of the bottle sits on the front face of the units and the rear 3 inches hang out over the back of the units. The bottles do not fall out due to large rubber bands running horizontally over each row on the backs.
The pulleys are to be placed one perpendicular with the middle of the light rail (mounted on the ceiling) and the other over the center of the tower top support (over the 1” hole). This will allow the each light to move up and down covering a 4 foot long distance. I currently run my towers to drain with a gravity system from the floor above mainly due to the layout of my location. If you use a recycling reservoir system then you will need to get a good pump (500 gallon or more). I have been running mine using .10 of the ferts that I would use with a standard hydro system.

I prefer using digital ballasts due to their light weight, less heat signature and being able to run either a MH or a HPS bulb. The large fan is to be placed lying down on the floor in the middle of the tower on top of a few pieces of lumber to make certain that there is airflow and so that the fan will not burn out. The light mover can easily move up to 4 towers worth of lights so I run them without any covers (no light tubes) which also slightly increases the lumens.

Plants are to be grow with a singe cola (choose strain with this in mind) remove any other side growth as you only have a 4.25” circle to play with for each plant. Try to turn the plants so that the fan leaves can have light hitting them. Depending on the strain you may have to trim some of the fan leaves (do not remove completely) to make sure that each plant is getting sufficient light. Except for the time when the clones first come on the tower and are still a bit frail I try to keep the lights within 1 foot of the plants to maximize the lumens. MH for 1-2 weeks then HPS on a 12/12 schedule. Plants that are run are generally of the same strain so that I can have uniformity of growth. Depending on the strain selected you can expect at least 4.5 grams per plant (if you have chosen properly) up to about 7 grams per plant. This tower grow can also be made with 3 liter bottles but I have found that the 2 liter bottles work well for me. If you have the space you could bump this up to 8-16 towers and harvest 1-2 towers per week. If you specialize in hash oil this is not much work at all. I hope that this helps out some of you that have wanted to do a tower grow but were not sure of all the details. Any questions, please ask and I will try to answer. :nerd

Unit view001
Aerial view001
Aerial view002
R

Rural_GrowOp

There you go Kansas. I've been waiting to see this one for a while. Good post bro. K+

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your ankle man I've done that shit and it hurts.

J

Jalisco Kid

500 plants is some serious time, I do not know where that's possible. I do like the 1.85g/w though. Suerte JK

K

kansasgrown

500 plants is some serious time, I do not know where that's possible. I do like the 1.85g/w though. Suerte JK

I know of quite a few people that have done much larger grows than this......now doing it legally?????? Closer to 2.04g/w up to 3.17g/w. Never tried it with the real big producers...but if I were running after da money...would be worth a try.

S

StonedOwl

God damn boy! If your gonna do something do it big. Very cool concept.

H

HypnoToad

Hi there,

I was looking at your monster tower plans, and since some parts were a little confusing to me, I started drawing up your awesome design in sketchup. BTW great design.

Attached is a jpeg of the backside. I'll work on the rest later. But a 3d model or good sketch really does wonders when trying to plan out a grow.

Thanks,
HT

Frame Backside front view
H

HypnoToad

So if my math is correct, a default yield of 5 grams average per plant will give you almost 6 pounds per harvest or 2.27 grams per watt. Damn.

I think this illustrates how awesome vertical farming is. Ultimately, after you have gotten all the nutes, lights, reflectors, etc, the only other way to increase yield is to add more plants per sq ft, and that means going up.

By default this grow is efficient as hell, but expensive if you don't have a good cloning operation. What kind of footprint does this setup have including the cloning operation?

Thanks,
HT

S

surfguy1936

very interesting. i would like to see some actual grow pics. if possible. keep it up

Giddeon

Giddeon

Whats your opinions on the 300 plant verticle grow systems? I know they are costly but i dont have the time and resources to contruct one.. has anyone tried them? I would love some imput, for i am looking to purchase one and give it a shot at aero

P

ProjectPurps

this is got to be the most retarded grow plan i have ever heard of..lol wow

544 plants sounds like fed time:character0095: and you pulling 5 pounds i can pull 5 with 5

ha your a joke and your plan is a joke

aldus

aldus

this is got to be the most retarded grow plan i have ever heard of..lol wow

544 plants sounds like fed time:character0095: and you pulling 5 pounds i can pull 5 with 5

ha your a joke and your plan is a joke

Go on somewhere with that bullshit.

Dude has contributed an amazing system pulling multiple elbows that works for him and you come in here and call it trash when you can't even deal with some fucking mites? ()

I am nowhere near a master grower, but someone needs to call bullshit when they see it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Crazy cool- I especially like the deets, like how you have the lights moving up and down with the light rail. VERY slick! Much respect! I have a sneaking suspicion that your grow shows the way to how astronauts will be growing their own... food... when on long deep space missions. In their case they'd just spin the tin can it sits in to create a lil 'gravity'... Very tight and space efficient!

P

ProjectPurps

Go on somewhere with that bullshit.

Dude has contributed an amazing system pulling multiple elbows that works for him and you come in here and call it trash when you can't even deal with some fucking mites? ()

I am nowhere near a master grower, but someone needs to call bullshit when they see it.

Man your an iddiot if you payed attention to what i said i was asking for additional information on a product i have never used before AZAMAXX

Your shits weak dude this is a retarded plan and if you trying to go big look into building warehouses doing outdoor and building greenhouses fucking towor grow this isnt a fucking movie this isnt leaves of grass or some shit give me a break kid

And you know shit about what you could never get to where ive got and you will never see the trees i see ill be up up and away in the clouds your wat down there smoking bammer growing your closet flowers the bullshit i here is what you typing KEEP HIDING:scared0016: and for the guy who posted this you aint fucking with 544 plants you aint got the time or the money plus you scared you aint touching them numbers i call BULLSHIT ON THAT:scared0016:

IMG 20111003 183909

IMG 20111003 203322

IMG 20111003 203413

IMG 20111003 203358

these are 5 to 6 weeks old they will all be pound plants if i had my camera i would show you some pound plants these are off the cell phone and i keep my numbers all legal 15 each patient so get out of here with this towor grow 544 plants crap

F

FatBoy808

Premium Member
Supporter
Man your an iddiot if you payed attention to what i said i was asking for additional information on a product i have never used before AZAMAXX

Your shits weak dude this is a retarded plan and if you trying to go big look into building warehouses doing outdoor and building greenhouses fucking towor grow this isnt a fucking movie this isnt leaves of grass or some shit give me a break kid

And you know shit about what you could never get to where ive got and you will never see the trees i see ill be up up and away in the clouds your wat down there smoking bammer growing your closet flowers the bullshit i here is what you typing KEEP HIDING:scared0016: and for the guy who posted this you aint fucking with 544 plants you aint got the time or the money plus you scared you aint touching them numbers i call BULLSHIT ON THAT:scared0016:

these are 5 to 6 weeks old they will all be pound plants if i had my camera i would show you some pound plants these are off the cell phone and i keep my numbers all legal 15 each patient so get out of here with this towor grow 544 plants crap

Dude I think your plants look healthy, but hardly potential for 1lb each. Unless you plan to veg for another 5-6 weeks.

This is what a 1lb plant looks like
[YOUTUBE]w4FAqd8-Xmw[/YOUTUBE]

So you think vertical lighting is dumb???
Here's a 4 plant room with vertical lighting, THC Farmers own, DoubleDs.

He averaged 8lbs each

No disrespect intended, but you shouldn't go around bashing on other peoples threads, especially since vertical growing is a well established technique.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

He wassnt bashing vert growing, but the numbers used in this kinda grow.. over 99 an the feds can step in an hit ya with a 5year min man... food for thought... Az

Top Bottom