Moon 🌙 Rock....where do I put this question🧐

• Thread starter TinkTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Has anyone made what is called moon rock. Have you tried it? I read about it in a High Times article and saw some other things about combos. of it. Just putting it out there because I think the most I can learn about the subject is going to be here. Everyone here knows more than anywhere else anyway👍😚! I can’t test it on my cat until I know how stoned it can make ME.....I don’t want to kill my cat 🐱! I need the official tokers opinions.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Marketing gimmick but yes I’ve made my own - I took a some nice buds rolled in some oil and then rolled in dry soft Kief nice if your selling but I won’t do it again just me

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Marketing gimmick but yes I’ve made my own - I took a some nice buds rolled in some oil and then rolled in dry soft Kief nice if your selling but I won’t do it again just me
Did it give you a different “high”? The thc content is supposed to be so concentrated that it get people really *rashed. What was your experience was it worth it?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Did it give you a different “high”? The thc content is supposed to be so concentrated that it get people really *rashed. What was your experience was it worth it?
For me wasn’t worth it but to each his own - I have multiple strains to choose from and I press my own rosin, and I have the dry sift, and bubble hash so there’s just no need to for me to mix it all up. Lol just smoke another one

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Moon rocks sound like more mess than it's worth for personal use. I've never had one but literally only for that reason. I have distillate, multiple strains of buds and kief, but if I'm going to do anything extra with my kief, it's licking the outside of a joint to roll it in it. Burns nice and evenly and slowly when coated.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Tried it they sell at dispensary, shit is fire but very expensive

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The only time I smoked moon rocks it tasted like nasty burned resin weed. Haven’t smoked it since. I’d rather just coat my bowl with kief.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Usually its a way to take low quality buds, low quality oil, and lower quality sift, and sell it all together as a high quality product.

R

redshift75

i dont use a bud when i make them. it also takes a good bong or something to enjoy them. think like a dab plate or one of those bowls that you heat up and it sucks the smoke off the top(cant think of the name). Like this bowl piece here.

so essentially how i make mine i never use whole buds. dont like whole buds makes em hard to smoke. So i like to make a kief puck and then take a nug and put it in my grinder. You will need your tools and wax paper or w.e you plan to use for your work space.

taking my grinded bud/hash mix(sometimes i use only hash/flower chunks ive made in my hash press) i will either in the case of wax put it over the wax and form a ball constantly rolling it in. if its oil i slowly drizzle it over the top or put some on my ground bud with a tool(if thick) rolling it over. continuing this til its nice and coated sticks together easily and is like a bud coated in honey. from this point i tend to break the nug down into smallers nugs. about the size of peas is my liking or even smaller. about half pea size is even a lot for personal rips.

i then take my dish of kief and drop the pea size oil nug in the kief. i repeated roll it slightly pressing it between my fingers. i keep compacting it and rolling it to get that sticky out. where you can set it down and it wont stick to a piece of paper, think dough ball. i then like to roll it across wax paper with kief on tip of my finger. so they get nice and compressed.

when i do it this way i can get several rips. But what im going for is when i see the oil start to ooze out as i see the kief turn to brown and smoke up. You can hit it with a torch while you are ripping to help it burn it up.

you can use buds and do same technique. i dont like to mostly cause i try to remove as much stem and such as possible. i have done it with little tiny cuts of buds to make my pea size cuts dipped in oil and rolled. Which is alot easier to roll because the nugs act as a sponge to press into and dont explode like a jelly donut... When doing it the way i described. But the quality of it is all in the material you use. I like to make them for special occasions when i know people want some variety. I dont like to smoke moon rocks in a regular pipe which is my preferred method of smoking. They tend to melt into your bowl even if you do half pack of flower it can be a pain to get lit. and you see lots of it burn off and blow away. When the real joy of a moon rock comes from the massive rush. I highly recommend using several strains if possible. Makes for a great effect. So i tend to only smoke them in a bong like pictured and try to make them where i can rip it all in 1-3 rips. if you dont it starts to taste like you are smoking twice vaped flower and you spend all your time trying to get the oil to burn.

I have also cut them up and rolled them in joints when i didnt have access to a bong and also felt that was a waste as lots of it went unburned. But mine are more on the resin side than dry bud like other moon rocks ive seen commercially. So that could be why that is.

i think i had my first moon rocks 15 years ago out of a gravity bong. I remember it was made from what was claimed to be White Rhino. Been a delicacy for me ever since. I only need one moon rock typically. But i have binged on them before. hence why i recommend when you can mix them up with a variety is always nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom