Moon Rocks/caviar

• Thread starter eighty9concr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eighty9concr

Was wondering if any one has a way to make moon rocks/caviar? I under stand what its composed of and I have all the necessary ingredients and equipment, I just don't know how to make the oil liquid so the buds can be drenched in it. I make very high grade shatter, have an AI oven and a sweat leaf closed loop extractor. I just have never mad a liquid form oil. Any one know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

happylittle

happylittle

im pretty sure you just need to heat the oil to make it liquid since you want it to resolidify @ room temp. Not sure of the exact temp either. Im guessing about 160
-J

Graywolf

Graywolf

We heated the oil until it was liquid enough to roll the bud in it, before rolling in Kif.

It produced a heady smoke, that was extremely harsh to smoke.

E

eighty9concr

We heated the oil until it was liquid enough to roll the bud in it, before rolling in Kif.

It produced a heady smoke, that was extremely harsh to smoke.

Thanks for the replies guys. What temperature do you think to heat it up too? Im always nervous about getting into to high temps because we're always low making the shatter. Just a ball park idea. Also should I do this in the oven or a griddle, heat gun?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks for the replies guys. What temperature do you think to heat it up too? Im always nervous about getting into to high temps because we're always low making the shatter. Just a ball park idea. Also should I do this in the oven or a griddle, heat gun?

We used around 120F

Calixylon

Calixylon

Why don't you just smoke shatter and Kief on top of a bowl. I don't get the appeal, it seems like exactly what grey wolf said, it would literally just be harsh beyond belief. Wax, shatter, kief is harsh when you vaporize it off a nail, but when you smoke it in a pipe it's a straight lungbuster

happylittle

happylittle

Im not sure of the full appeal either but Im pretty sure the buzz is more lethargic due to an increased cbn level once the product cures or sits for awhile. IMO Im not a fan of high amounts of cbn in my smoke, too sleepy of a buzz. Definently strong. Seems stronger than just stacking concentrates does to me. Anyone else care to elaborate on the difference.

E

eighty9concr

Why don't you just smoke shatter and Kief on top of a bowl. I don't get the appeal, it seems like exactly what grey wolf said, it would literally just be harsh beyond belief. Wax, shatter, kief is harsh when you vaporize it off a nail, but when you smoke it in a pipe it's a straight lungbuster

Its not for me. The club I work with inquired about it. Was just looking to get a couple ideas on how to make it for them. Im going to give it a shot in the next couple days. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Calixylon

Calixylon

I'm not sure that there would really be any more Cbn, if anything it may be decarboxylated because the oil is heated up to a liquid so you can properly submerge and dunk the nugs, but that just causes more thc to degrade into Cbd and cause a stonier high.

I've always been in the boat of thc is thc and whatever method you use to ingest it gets you high, never noticed a diff between stacking concentrates in a widow maker, or premade "moon rocks" but everyone's diff. Kinda think it's more of just a mental thing, like people who say "I don't drink whiskey it makes me fight, and I don't drink tequila because I get naked" I just get drunk whether it's wine, tequila, or beer. Not sure if that made sense

They do look super cool, but honestly after the third hit it tastes like shit

Top Bottom