Mopho goes Loco with Coco

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, so we switched one of the 10'x20' tents (8 lights worth) over to coco. Tables were built and designed by cannagirl and Curbside. :)

The basics:

Botanicare Coco bricks
House and Garden Coco
Drip Clean
Roots Excelurator
MultiZen
Bud XL
Top Booster
PureFlowers
Dyna Protekt Silica
Floralicious Plus
(also very likely to play with a little added compost tea and/or carb and humic sources)

The line up:

Loompa Headband
SFV OG Kush
LVPK
Airborne G13
Fort Collins Cough
Island Sweet Skunk
Ogre Kush
Tangerine Haze
91 Chem (???)
Banana Kush

Running ~10 plants per light, roughly 4 weeks veg, topped once. Gonna get crowded in there. Hand feeding with a hose, wand, pump, etc. Sitting on tables, draining to a pond liner collection reservoir built into the bottom of the table. Running dehumidifiers to remove most of the water, pump if need be.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Sativas on the right, indicas on the left
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0498.jpg
LVPKs
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0512.jpg

B

biggs

damn mopho, this looks like its going to sick. do you strip any of the fan leaves during veg?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We had better success with Aqua Flakes in coco than we did the Coco formula for what ever reason..

I would throw in the Algen extract from H&G or sub in Maxi crop, the kelp really kicks it up a notch and I like to pop them with a shot or two of molasses the week before flush...

Fungas gnats will drive ya nuts but a proxap strip or mesquito dunks in your initial mix does the trick..

Killer setup!!

Passion baby

Tex

S

SofaKingHigh

I leave you with a nigga counting cash.

http://i.invalid.com/Byucb.jpg

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
looking great as usual bro.

waayne

waayne

Nice clean setup man!
You're gonna have a jungle in there...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Hey who put this dollar in with my benjamins?

I leave you with a nigga counting cash.

http://i.invalid.com/Byucb.jpg

lol he looks perplexed

sick sick sick GM - what are the tables made from?

P

poedizzle

Looks Great! Cant wait to see how the coco does for ya! Clean and professional as always! peace
~POE~

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks great Mopho! Make sure you give those Loompas plenty of room they will shove all your other plants out of the way! :lock:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

damn mopho, this looks like its going to sick. do you strip any of the fan leaves during veg?

Normally, yes. But my Loompa mom decided to keel so I need to take some clones from the bottoms of these in the next few days, so I was waiting for that. Also, I don't have much headroom, so I don't want them to stretch too crazy. If I stripped the bottoms out during the stretch period, they will go even more crazy on me!

We had better success with Aqua Flakes in coco than we did the Coco formula for what ever reason..

I would throw in the Algen extract from H&G or sub in Maxi crop, the kelp really kicks it up a notch and I like to pop them with a shot or two of molasses the week before flush...

Fungas gnats will drive ya nuts but a proxap strip or mesquito dunks in your initial mix does the trick..

Killer setup!!

Passion baby

Tex

Thanks Tex, good seein' ya around again!

Yea, were using Aqua Flakes with good results on the buckets. From what I can tell by comparing labels and asking around to reps and other H&G people was that the only major difference in the Coco and the AquaFlakes is that the Cocos has a little bit more Iron. There could be other differences, but no major deficiencies or issues so far with the Cocos. Algen Extract I was using in veg, its not on the H&G schedule for bloom, but I agree an extra source of Kelp seems to liven them up with the extra trace and K. I've been using Floralicious Plus in bloom so far as a replacement, sorrry, I forgot to list it, slipped my mind. Also, since they are stretching so hard, I am hitting em with the shooting powder before the 2 week mark to help curb some of that stretch with an early K boost. Not going by the H&G schedule, but we are using their enzyme program, MultiZen, BudXL, and Top Booster, mostly according to schedule. And yea, later into bloom, molasses and/or another sugar source will be used.

About the fungus gnats...I religiously use mosquito dunks on any open water or reservoirs anyway, so they are rarely a problem. However, I noticed watering with a hose and wand, that the pump sucks up the particles of the dunks and they get clogged in the spray nozzle, so thats a pain in the ass. I may start using gnatoral if I see any.

We have been pretreating and expanding the bricks of coco with Bayer Complete (imid) as per a buddy's recipe. It all gets flushed out very soon after, but it wipes out any aphids, gnats, larvae, or eggs that might be hiding in that coco. Haven't seen a trace of any insects around, but I keep getting blades of grass, ferns, or other random vegetation growing out of my coco.

looking great as usual bro.

Thanks man! Nice to see you over here!

Nice clean setup man!
You're gonna have a jungle in there...

Yea, I know already its gonna get messy, I might still cull a few of the smaller plants, especially a few of those lanky weakling ass SFV OGs.

sick sick sick GM - what are the tables made from?

The tables are made from pressure-treated wood, bolted together for extra strength, and painted with oil-based Killz to prevent rotting, mold, ect. The tops of the tables are expanded steel sheets of mesh that I got for cheap from a buddy with the metal shop hook up! The bottoms of the tables are framed out of 2x6s and lined with pond liner.

Looks great Mopho! Make sure you give those Loompas plenty of room they will shove all your other plants out of the way! :lock:

Yea, they are already stretching like nuts, but I think I got it undercontrol. The Loompa HB is pretty strong plant, and although its lanky, it seems to have a tighter and more uniform structure than that damn SFV OG. That SFV OG is stretching just as much as the Loompa, but with only 1/2 as many nodes and less strength to hold it self up.

Thanks again guys for all the comments!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Awesome conversion bro! Love those tables too... Gonna be another nice show! :cool

T

Team Overkill

This should be a good show. Your room is looking nice. Hand watering... Suck in the gut it's gonna get tight in there:)

S

sfzoo

wanted to drop in, say hi...things lookin good!

can't wait for the party to start!

M

Mountain High

Nice bro, maybe I missed it, but are those pics of Day 1? I used H&G in coco for while, grows great buds, shooting powder makes em rock hard and frost up big time. IME I like H3ADs formula better, especially the finished product. My most recent Headband in coco grow I used Ancient Forest as a top dress, Flora +, cal mag and H3AD formula and the occasional VermiT every now and then. Turned out nice.

Gonna have to peak in every now and then... grow on.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Nice set up, nice line up. Im sure ull blow up with great meds!!
Question, we r running similar feed schedule, I noticed your not adding any extra calmag, jus curious on ur thought process. Ive found that some plants need that when running h&g, espacially running coco bricks, I had some cal mag deficiencies even with 4ml per gal. And I did preflush/charge untill my ppm was less than 100 higher than what I was putting in. Also, are u sticking to the exact feed chart H&g is reccomending(normal or aggressive) or do u plan on adding less Part B in flower due to the high N?

Thanx man,
Confu...

Latest posts

Top Bottom