Mopho goes Loco with Coco

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Nice bro, maybe I missed it, but are those pics of Day 1? I used H&G in coco for while, grows great buds, shooting powder makes em rock hard and frost up big time. IME I like H3ADs formula better, especially the finished product. My most recent Headband in coco grow I used Ancient Forest as a top dress, Flora +, cal mag and H3AD formula and the occasional VermiT every now and then. Turned out nice.

Gonna have to peak in every now and then... grow on.

Whats up man! Thanks for stopping by over on this side of the world! I don't remember what day those pics are above, to be honest. Stay tuned and I will post more pics and if I remember, I will try to post how far in they are! :P

I'm new to coco and I have zero experience top dressing, but from my experience I'd prefer to feed an EWC tea or aerated compost tea instead.

I am using Floralicious Plus for the first half of bloom, along with MultiZen the first 2 weeks, then continuing on Bud XL, which combined with the Floralicious should be ample humic/fulvic and 'zymes. I'm also adding a little Primordial Solutions Sea Green here and there, but that shit foams up so much, it makes a mess, LOL. I am doing a K boost extra early, right around day 10-12, and I'm using the shooting powder at 1 satchel per 50 gal res, along with 1ml per gal of PureFlowers, and 5ml per gal Silica. After week 3 I will cut out Roots Excel and Silica, except for maybe the SFV OG, which needs silica badly. I will cut out the Floralicous Plus after about 5 weeks. I will use PureFlowers in spurts through out bloom as needed and steadily use the Bud XL, but cut both out at week 6 when I will use the Top Booster as a finisher, along with some compost teas and molasses. During all this time I will taper my use of the base nutes to almost nothing. Then a 2 week flush, first week using pH'd solution of Hygrozyme at 10mL per gal and Drip Clean, second week pure water with nothing done to it.

This is obviously my tentative nute schedule, things could change as each strain shows what it needs and wants. This is my first run in coco EVER, and its lookin' damn good so far, if I do say so myself. I'm running CO2 from tanks, staying just below 900 ppm, I don't like to push the CO2 hard. They have been yellow in these conditions until I stepped the nutes up to about 1.8 EC, which shocked me being that high, but no burn. I will taper down to about 1.4 after week 3, I don't think they'll need that high of levels very soon. Seems the coco itself sucked up a lot of that as it gets charged up, and since the coco stays moist, the roots aren't shocked by those numbers. Sorry, I come from RDWC, 1.2 EC is about maxing out.

As far as Head's or Lucas, or Rezipe, I will say this>

I have noticed since switching from GH 3-part to H&G that I am growing leafier plants, however this I don't think has hampered yield, but is noticeably more leafy when its time to trim. I have been told that this is why you have all the additives in the line and using certain boosters to offset the high N content in the A&B.

So I feel like I have less control over each strain with only a 2 part base nutrient, where the trace minerals are spread out over both parts. I will admit, I miss GH in that respect, however, I was growing to notice the nasty metallic after taste GH leaves in your buds, no matter how well you flush. Took me years to start to notice it. Now if only someone could create a 3 part solution that mimics GH's 3 part, with a Grow, Bloom, and a separated Micro formula, but made with high quality and properly refined sources of minerals, that would be amazing. And if you suggest AN, I'll slap you...

For now, I will ride with it and fool with additives, but I do see a run with CANNA in the very near future.

Nice set up, nice line up. Im sure ull blow up with great meds!!
Question, we r running similar feed schedule, I noticed your not adding any extra calmag, jus curious on ur thought process. Ive found that some plants need that when running h&g, espacially running coco bricks, I had some cal mag deficiencies even with 4ml per gal. And I did preflush/charge untill my ppm was less than 100 higher than what I was putting in. Also, are u sticking to the exact feed chart H&g is reccomending(normal or aggressive) or do u plan on adding less Part B in flower due to the high N?

Thanx man,
Confu...

Are you using RO water? I personally am not a fan. I have a Hydrologic Big Boy, gives me ~72 ppm coming out of the filter of all my CalMag goodness, never really do I need CalMag. If I see a deficiency, I step up the A and B and it corrects it, all the micro you need is in there, or in my water.

I haven't read of anyone using less Part B to reduce the high N. I thought the Part A had more N than the B, but I gotta go re-read those labels. Either way, one part has calcium, while the other part has magnesium and iron, or whatever, seems if you taper one part and not the other, you are loosing out on trace minerals, or at least getting the ratios wrong. I'd rather reduce both parts and supplement with other things, organics, etc. And no, I hardly ever stick to any suggested/recommended nutrient schedules. I try to read the plants and they tell me what they want, then I try to read labels and try to give it to em as best as I can, hardly ever is that even close to the recommended levels. I honestly have no clue how many mL per gal of A&B I am putting in right now...:character0053:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when I ran HG my yeild noticably was better then the 3 part GH (which I have ran for years) - but my bud was nowhere as sticky and covered with trichs as what Im used to

and it is the part A that people cut out - which I didnt do in my one run

I was so impressed with the DM from running that in my UC that Im trying DM in coco along with top feedings of organics and boosters

heres a few wifi 3 shots grown with HG

Wifi
Wifi2
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

when I ran HG my yeild noticably was better then the 3 part GH (which I have ran for years) - but my bud was nowhere as sticky and covered with trichs as what Im used to

and it is the part A that people cut out - which I didnt do in my one run

I was so impressed with the DM from running that in my UC that Im trying DM in coco along with top feedings of organics and boosters

heres a few wifi 3 shots grown with HG

Interesting...yea, like I said, didn't notice less yields, actually got more yield, but more leaf with it. My first run in RDWC with H&G I only used the base nutes, and I didn't notice a difference in flavor than GH-3 part, only slightly better yields. I did get a considerable difference in flavor when I started using the H&G enzyme program, i.e. MultiZen, BudXL, and Top Booster. IMO, House and Garden is money for its additives, the base nutes could be improved.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah we agree - better yeilds with HG - but not as good quality as when I ran GH 3 part

now the DM was the stickiest run with the wifi yet and the smoke is so clean tasting to the end - the ash from the kief I made turns cotton white

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

GM, those tables look pretty sweet. Can you get a pic underneath, so we can see how the runoff collects? Seems w/ Drip Clean you can run ppms pretty high if you want as long as you're doing DTW. I was using a passive wick system at "regular" recommended strength (going in around 12-1300) and was getting super high concentration buildup (#dumb) in my res of 2400-2800ppm. Silly me for not checking sooner.

Anyway, beautiful tent! subbed!

C

CurbsideService

This room looking good right now, just stripped the bottoms of everything out, lookin ready for Coco Round 1 to blast off!

rawman

rawman

Great job dude... Can't wait to see u rock it out! I'll ve watching... Btw u r going to have to come abck and have aother smoke out in a few months when I have some samples to show! :D Or maybe we will come there? Ahhh vacation....

M

MIway

Great job dude... Can't wait to see u rock it out! I'll ve watching... Btw u r going to have to come abck and have aother smoke out in a few months when I have some samples to show! :D Or maybe we will come there? Ahhh vacation....

Vacation??? :sign0006:

Like CG & GM think their actually going to take time off to have a wedding & all... ooooo kkkkkk.... :giggle

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Like CG & GM think their actually going to take time off to have a wedding & all... ooooo kkkkkk.... :giggle

C'mon out fellas anytime, I got guest rooms, etc....we are already getting 85-90 degree temps, its gonna be a hot summer!

After this crop, we are getting a 3 ton split unit for these tents.

Oh and I did take pics last night, but my stoner ass left the camera there, so I'll be posting em tonight...

C

cannagirl

:sign0006::sign0006::sign0006::sign0006::sign0023::sign0023::sign0023:Making me come out of hiding to answer this one...WE WILL BE GOING ON VACATION!!!! The wedding is still on too, I expect to see you there! :D There is no question, especially now that we have the most bad ass employee, who I must say ALWAYS deserves "employee of the month" :D

But yes, you should come out and chill with us again! :party0042::party0042::party0042:

M

MIway

Must spread rep!!!

:lipssealed:lipssealed:lipssealed

:tongue0011:

Miss y'all! :anim_30:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Update: Cleaned out and Steaked up!
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0052.jpg
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0049.jpg
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0051.jpg
LVPK
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0053.jpg

A look under the tables...
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0057.jpg
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0054.jpg
http://i905.invalid.com/albums/ac257/iamgreen420/Coco/DSC_0058.jpg

hiboy

hiboy

Clean set up with them custom tables. Are you having any humidity problems

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Clean set up with them custom tables. Are you having any humidity problems

Got fans blowing over the exposed water and 2 1-ton dehueys running 24/7 in the room. RH isn't getting above 40%. Not to mention the outdoor RH has been at like 4%...

M

MIway

Wow... did you frame & line pond catchers for your draining??? That's a trip... wow... someone did some work in there, no???

Amazing the morphing of your place bro! Never good enough, eh? Take a break why don't ya? Oh yeah, you're professional horticulturists... wedding?

That's spelled e l o p e... take a day trip to the mountains! In a brand new yellow range rover, hydraulics on the shocks, spinners, black windows, bumpin stereo... shit a mixing table for the center console bro! Take the trip money & ball... that'l sell, no???

You need a staff bro! ;-)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking tits man - like how ya have the yoyos in place already

C

ChickenJoe

Wow... did you frame & line pond catchers for your draining??? That's a trip... wow... someone did some work in there, no???

Amazing the morphing of your place bro! Never good enough, eh? Take a break why don't ya? Oh yeah, you're professional horticulturists... wedding?

That's spelled e l o p e... take a day trip to the mountains! In a brand new yellow range rover, hydraulics on the shocks, spinners, black windows, bumpin stereo... shit a mixing table for the center console bro! Take the trip money & ball... that'l sell, no???

You need a staff bro! ;-)

LOL...."im ridin spinners, im ridin spinners..." You wanna take bets on these 2 going on a vacation?? They've been up here maybe once in the last 3 months! YALL NIGGZ AINT GOIN NO WHERES!!! :anim_09:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, shut the fuck up already about how busy I am...yes, very busy is the answer to that....work hard, play hard...and sometimes I just gotta get the fuck out of the country...

true grit

true grit

Okay, shut the fuck up already about how busy I am...yes, very busy is the answer to that....work hard, play hard...and sometimes I just gotta get the fuck out of the country...

Its the only way homie (gettin outta the country that is)... some just don't understand the dedication :harvest:

Looking sick though bro, most def like the screened tables set up....

Top Bottom