More Females

• Thread starter Midnightgardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

no no this is not about the ladyboy fem seeds..

found this on another site, have heard about this before but never have tried it.. next run i will do a test to see the results..1m2 with this method and 1m2 without.:banana1sv6:

Treatment of hempseed with ethylene gas will increase the resulting number of female plants by about 50%. Ethylene is produced by certain plants (i.e., bananas, cucumbers and melons), and these can be used to treat hempseed in a simple manner. About two weeks before you plan to sprout the seeds, place them in a paper bag or envelope and put that in a plastic bag with the peels of a ripening banana or cucumber. Replace the peels after a couple of days, and change the bags to prevent mold.

entire article is here: http://www.rexresearch.com/hhusb/hh4bot.htm#HH49

A

afatsoweezer

first, I heard of it too. Sounds like an experiment is in the works.

Blaze

Blaze

I would be extremely skeptical of such a claim. All the studies done on sex determination in plants have found that the sex is pre-determined when the seeds forms. In other words, by the time you get a mature, ripe seed the sex is already set.

Ethylene does have some very profound affect on plants however. It can induce adventitious roots, stimulate germination, overcome dormancy, stimulation of fruiting, flower, and lateral buds, and plays a very important part in the ripening of most fruits. It would probably benefit the seeds germination rate and the seedling's growth, but as for getting more females.... There is very little evidence to support this.

To find out for sure you would have to sprout several hundred seeds. Doing 10 or 20 is just too small a sample to get accurate results. Of course there is a chance that cannabis may react a bit different than most plants to it, as it is one of the most unusual and complex plants from a genetic stand point.

Top Bottom