More light for my seedlings?

• Thread starter Nerdlicht
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nerdlicht

Nerdlicht

Hello everyone,

On the morning of May 24th, my first seedlings emerged from their EazyPlugs. Since then, the stems have grown quite long.

They are in a propagation box, and about 35 cm above them hangs a Greenception LED, which, according to the Photone app (not calibrated), shows about 150 PPFD.

Do the seedlings look okay to you? This is my first grow, so I have no experience... but the ratio between the length of the stems and leaf formation makes me think they need more light.

More light for my seedlings
Stokes

Stokes

You could lower it a tad. But i dont see where theyre excessively leggy. You can see in their posture where theyre leaning for the light. They are actively asking for a bit more. Not much

Nerdlicht

Nerdlicht

You could lower it a tad.

You probably mean that I should bring the light closer to the plants, not reduce the light intensity, right?

I have kept it at the same height and increased the intensity a bit. I hope that the temperature in the propagation box doesn't increase too much... it's currently around 27.5°C and 90% humidity when the LED is on.

Stokes

Stokes

You probably mean that I should bring the light closer to the plants, not reduce the light intensity, right?

I have kept it at the same height and increased the intensity a bit. I hope that the temperature in the propagation box doesn't increase too much... it's currently around 27.5°C when the LED is on.
Either/or.
Just keep an eye on them. Theres no in stone intensity/height for seedlings. Only a recommended range. Tbh im perfectly fine starting them with plants in full veg, 8-12” in height makes a massive difference, you can also put them at the sides of tent where light isnt as intense. Thats what i do in my tent, may not work for everyone

M

MedicalGrower444

I have a 150 watt light sf1000, I keep it 12” over canopy at 50 percent. Super big and bright light if you don’t know.
When you repot go to final pot, like a 5 gallon and burry most of that, it’ll turn to roots. And turn up the light and move it closer, at 24/7 schedule for a few weeks. Your plants will be monsters.

My seedlings are two weeks old today. I already topped and pruned them.

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

I have a 150 watt light, I keep it 12” over canopy at 50 percent. When you repot go to final pot, like a 5 gallon and burry most of that, it’ll turn to roots. And turn up the light and move it closer, at 24/7 schedule for a few weeks. Your plants will be monsters.

So cannabis will spit out roots like tomatoes when the stalk is buried? I was wondering this the other week

M

MedicalGrower444

So cannabis will spit out roots like tomatoes when the stalk is buried? I was wondering this the other week
This is what I heard, I did and look at my growth within a week. I added a picture above. Their only two weeks old

Top Bottom