More Light Of Let Them Fight

• Thread starter Ander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ander

My plants are still in veg but are starting to over lap abit ,should i let them fight or is that a myth they fight for light wich cos there fighting for the light they get bigger ,or should i space them out abit more and add another light

Hydro head

Hydro head

Room size and light info will help, as will a pic or 2, if they to close together some will shade others, unless it’s sea of green u want to give them a little space, I used to cram 8 into my small room, do 3 now and quality and quantity both went up

xavier7995

xavier7995

Plant crowding leads to environmental issues, mostly airflow related. It can create a real nice climate for molds and mildew, warm moist organic material with little airflow is a bad combo.

That said, it is a delicate balance as you want to use all space. I treat with some variety of fungicide as a preventative during veg and crowd them in, I count on pulling males to make room during flower. Once in flower and bud sites have formed, I evaluate all the plants and trim off any branching that looks less than productive or if one plant looks like it will be a stronger producer I may trim a weaker one back to give more room. End goal is to have all my colas a few inches apart, never let a bud rest against another bud or the wall.

A

Ander

Plant crowding leads to environmental issues, mostly airflow related. It can create a real nice climate for molds and mildew, warm moist organic material with little airflow is a bad combo.

That said, it is a delicate balance as you want to use all space. I treat with some variety of fungicide as a preventative during veg and crowd them in, I count on pulling males to make room during flower. Once in flower and bud sites have formed, I evaluate all the plants and trim off any branching that looks less than productive or if one plant looks like it will be a stronger producer I may trim a weaker one back to give more room. End goal is to have all my colas a few inches apart, never let a bud rest against another bud or the wall.
Thanks mate good info

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

A little info.
The way that they "fight" is to stretch and try to outgrow their neighbors..
The mechanism is reflection of far red ~720nm. They read an overabundance of far red during light hours and that triggers stretching.
The entire crop ends up tall, thin, and spindly. :(

If you must crowd them, add some blue to the light mix.
That will promote closer internodes and compensate for the stretching.

A

Ander

This is the room .its a 3m by 1.2 so iv got a lot more room if needed and another to lights .my are 600 w viparsectra
20171201 224944
20171204 202715

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Beautiful!
No far red to reflect, and plenty of blue
They'll be jus' fine.

Top Bottom