more mite questions

• Thread starter chromedoggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chromedoggy

chromedoggy

I have been reading a lot of old posts, and it looks like to most effective, safest product that I have yet to try is SMS-217, and I will be using it next time I need to, in veg, because on their website it says "When applying the product take caution not to spray any buds on the plant, in doing so this could result in burning the buds sprayed."

Anyone have experience using SMS-217 in flower?

I have had good results using Pyganic late in flower, it did not seem to have an adverse affect on the buds, but I am curious to know if anyone else has an opinion on this? I hate the fact that I even have to ask this question, I'd think that if I spray all through veg, every 3 days, I could quit by the time I flip 'em.

My problem with the mites is that although all of these sprays (Pyganic, Azatrol/sol, Floramite) seem to work immediately, the mites return in a week or two if I stop spraying. As I don't want to spray every 3 days for the rest of my life, and I don't really want to subject smokers to this shit, (have not used Florimite in flower) I am wondering about other methods. What will get rid of the mites forever?

I am pretty clean about this, I shower and put on clean clothes before going in the room, I even have special shoes that live in there and don't go outside. I clean all the pots, stakes, etc before introducing anything. I CO2'd the room, with pots, soil, etc before planting.

We have plants outside, too, and have trouble with mites out there.

Someone suggested, on another post, these beneficials:

which are apparently resistant to pyrethrins (!) so that one could, hypothetically, introduce these predators and still continue to spray if necessary. It also says that the bugs will live on pollen if no spider mites are present (i.e., they eat them all, which seems impossible). Obviously, there is no pollen inside.

Has anyone had any experience with these or other predators, inside or outside?

Many, many thanks. This is becoming a nightmare.

Top Bottom