more new rules on MMJ in michigan

• Thread starter glo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

glo

:mad0233::character0095:

wtf is going on here now!

so i need 5 or 6 rooms of 12 plants each if i am a caregiver?

thats complete b/s!

deacon1503

deacon1503

Attorney generals interpretation of the MMMA which prosecutors will now go by. 12 plants max per room, per patient. No patient to patient transfers and no dispensaries.

2DogWalker

Brilliant Michigan leadership.... Welcome back the empty storefronts on Michigan ave. Lansing......

G

gooey

yo beezie read the bottom of the article...attorney general opinion is a law untill challended in court...i can see the plats in multiple rooms being struck down but the transfer etc i dono that is some shit...this guy has it out for the mmj, time to crawl back into the cracks....peace and stay safe everyone

T

THegrowshow

Wow well on the news they made it "seem" like they were shooting around ideas but now reading something like this they sure are settig it up to be able to out a lot more power on their sides

G

gooey

you are correct stores are still open as they have been...its just another way to crack down...the ag is an asshole but regardless ag opinions hold the power of law unless congress deems them wrong, all im trying to say is that for everyone trying to be in complience you are now most liekly out of complience, i donno about you guys but this type of bullshit makes me wonder just what the future holds...multiple bills in congress to tighten regulations, i hope it gets worked out but its looking dim from over here...

517kush

imo the LAW protects us. this is just his opinion,in a court of law the DEFENSE attorney will use the LAW as it is written. the PROSECUTING attorney will use the attorney generals opinion to ATTEMPT to prosecute. whoever wins will write NEW LAW. Im pretty sure any arrests made with the AG's opinion in mind will end up in state supreme court

517kush

any other links to newspapers, news stations, etc...? the Lansing State Journal has nothing up yet???

G

gooey

i agree with you 517...it sure would suck to be the test case for that...talk about legal fees, just another way to screw people if they want, i hope that the case happens soon tho so this can be cleared up...kinda like a big cloud with a slight slight chance of rain...anyways i think it is more aiming to be able to shut down clubs...we shall see if they start getting shut down or not...peace n puffs

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

The powers at large need a super majority to overturn MMMA. Shitty has always been against the act since the very beginning. They know that getting a 75% vote in both houses is near impossible, so they will arrest and charge people first to make the courts decide what interpretation to follow. First thing they first they will try to bankrupt clubs, dispensaries, ect. with attorney fees. Some counties they will have a tough time like Genesee county with Leyton as county AG(ran against Shitty and lost), and then like Oakland County will come at everyone hard with a militarized force. It is time for pitch forks and torches I am afraid.

517kush

Lansing city council is not worried. they are still trying to make a CAP on how many dispenarys are allowed in the city. they're not trying to shut them down, just regulate more. nothing in the newspaper about schuette. just about the citys new dispenary ordinance... im starting to wonder if this is just propaganda

T

THegrowshow

Who gives a shit I'm lawless ill have mines with or without the law screw em all

P

palegrower

I Know, I work in one that is on Michigan Ave. It is all too sad....

G

Gaval

just dont grow out of where your registered to grow at an you dont have to give a fuck if they raid your shit, grow some mothers there or something

C

cheech

just dont grow out of where your registered to grow at an you dont have to give a fuck if they raid your shit, grow some mothers there or something

What do you mean by 'registered to grow at'. You don't have to let the state know where you grow.

My card and my patients cards have my po box as the address.

C

cheech

Attorney general is the state prosecutor, so all prosecutors in MI have to go by his interpretation. The judge doesn't have too, but that is not very comforting to me.

He doesn't have the power to change the law, but he can interpret it how he wants.

S

swisscheese

Have any test cases worked for or against the ag opinion? Or is everyone building separate rooms now?

F

FatMarty

Have any test cases worked for or against the ag opinion? Or is everyone building separate rooms now?

Man I already had two small rooms with padlocks on the doors for my plants when that decision came out: I decided that decision meant locks even for dry smoke, drying, etc.

I ended up putting up another door downstairs and a keyed lock on the upper entry door to my bedroom area, (I have spiral stairs to basement).

The worst part is it's unclear whether I can ever leave my bedroom unlocked; so I don't whether I can open a window in there or leave my door unlocked while in another area of the house.

I have also seen where some cops say you need to keep your stash in a lockbox while transporting; might have been a PA that said this decision backs that approach.

It's B.S.
But what are you going to do?

Oh and no new decisions addressing that as of yet. I think King may be going to the MI Supreme Court at some point; but the next relevant case from that decision I know of is the Big Daddy's case next month, and it doesn't argue that portion of the decision.

N

newmmmpcardguy

well im a brand new MMMP cardholer (this month) and im just delighted and feel privileged that i can do something legally now after all these years that i used to do under the radar. whatever the rules are, just follow them.. so what if you have a limit. one day it will all be completely legal.

all it seems you would have to do, if youre growing such a quantity, is take some of your income from it and re-invest it in some drywall and a door with a lock and just go ahead and comply with whatever the law is. this is what any legitimate small business owner has to do.. re-invest some business income into making they're operation more efficient, more profitable, and more compliant with local regulations. if you're growing for anyone other than your own needs, then you're no different from any small business owner, and not some "special case" just because it's the natural herb that all of us love. if you grew huge quantities of basil for sale as a business, there would also be regulations you would have to follow.

aren't we all just happy that a legal framework has finally been provided for all of us? and there will be more votes to come that will make it better and better. it reminds me of a post i JUST read elsewhere in this forum, strangely.. a guy that was bummed out that he keeps getting tickets for speeding, and then supporting posts by other people that seem to think speed limits are somehow ridiculous, or even unlawful. again, even driving is a priviledge.. you're hurling thousands of pounds of steel at speed.. thats above and beyond our inalienable rights as humans as stated in the US constitution.. or whatever is similar in other countries founding legal documents.

Top Bottom