more new rules on MMJ in michigan

• Thread starter glo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FatMarty

well im a brand new MMMP cardholer (this month) and im just delighted and feel privileged that i can do something legally now after all these years that i used to do under the radar. whatever the rules are, just follow them.. so what if you have a limit. one day it will all be completely legal.

all it seems you would have to do, if youre growing such a quantity, is take some of your income from it and re-invest it in some drywall and a door with a lock and just go ahead and comply with whatever the law is. this is what any legitimate small business owner has to do.. re-invest some business income into making they're operation more efficient, more profitable, and more compliant with local regulations. if you're growing for anyone other than your own needs, then you're no different from any small business owner, and not some "special case" just because it's the natural herb that all of us love. if you grew huge quantities of basil for sale as a business, there would also be regulations you would have to follow.

aren't we all just happy that a legal framework has finally been provided for all of us? and there will be more votes to come that will make it better and better. it reminds me of a post i JUST read elsewhere in this forum, strangely.. a guy that was bummed out that he keeps getting tickets for speeding, and then supporting posts by other people that seem to think speed limits are somehow ridiculous, or even unlawful. again, even driving is a priviledge.. you're hurling thousands of pounds of steel at speed.. thats above and beyond our inalienable rights as humans as stated in the US constitution.. or whatever is similar in other countries founding legal documents.

You can't follow rules or laws that law enforcement doesn't want to acknowlege and expect fair treatment just because that would be the right thing to do.

If you have any sense you will drop that I'm free attitude and protect yourself from leo. I've had my card since they started issuing them and seen and heard too much to believe the law is all you need to be safe from harrasment.

You can have 12 plants all day and leo will come up with a pair of scissors and 27 plants every time. Don't be lulled into a sense of security or superiorty - all you have now that you didn't have last week is a defense if you are lucky enough to get popped in a county that reconizes your right to use that defense. Many don't and there is nothing you can do to make it right now until the State Supreme Court hears some cases like Redden.

B

Budwiser0908

You can't follow rules or laws that law enforcement doesn't want to acknowlege and expect fair treatment just because that would be the right thing to do.

If you have any sense you will drop that I'm free attitude and protect yourself from leo. I've had my card since they started issuing them and seen and heard too much to believe the law is all you need to be safe from harrasment.

You can have 12 plants all day and leo will come up with a pair of scissors and 27 plants every time. Don't be lulled into a sense of security or superiorty - all you have now that you didn't have last week is a defense if you are lucky enough to get popped in a county that reconizes your right to use that defense. Many don't and there is nothing you can do to make it right now until the State Supreme Court hears some cases like Redden.

Well said brother...

B

Budwiser0908

well im a brand new MMMP cardholer (this month) and im just delighted and feel privileged that i can do something legally now after all these years that i used to do under the radar. whatever the rules are, just follow them.. so what if you have a limit. one day it will all be completely legal.

all it seems you would have to do, if youre growing such a quantity, is take some of your income from it and re-invest it in some drywall and a door with a lock and just go ahead and comply with whatever the law is. this is what any legitimate small business owner has to do.. re-invest some business income into making they're operation more efficient, more profitable, and more compliant with local regulations. if you're growing for anyone other than your own needs, then you're no different from any small business owner, and not some "special case" just because it's the natural herb that all of us love. if you grew huge quantities of basil for sale as a business, there would also be regulations you would have to follow.

aren't we all just happy that a legal framework has finally been provided for all of us? and there will be more votes to come that will make it better and better. it reminds me of a post i JUST read elsewhere in this forum, strangely.. a guy that was bummed out that he keeps getting tickets for speeding, and then supporting posts by other people that seem to think speed limits are somehow ridiculous, or even unlawful. again, even driving is a priviledge.. you're hurling thousands of pounds of steel at speed.. thats above and beyond our inalienable rights as humans as stated in the US constitution.. or whatever is similar in other countries founding legal documents.

Seems really simply don't it? Follow the law be great full and they leave you alone. The problem is that the people passed a law that the government didn't want passed and as a result they choose to almost ignor it and still operate as if the law was t there. All the whilst trying to make it legally irrelevant. If you keep reading all the info on these forums and read all the injustice and bullshit our brothers in arms are enduring, you will understand our anger and paranoia. Rule 1 don't tell anyone your secrets. Rule 2 stay out of the sun...

T

T1420

Yeah buddy, but I live in AMERICA where I have freedom to be as STUPID or SMART as I wanna be, just don't follow rules written by others....SORRY!! oh yeah, Sh!& happens, BOTH ways,... the world would be lost if it depended upon the actions of the spineless.

M

MICHIGAN4200

I lone Gen. county i feel safe. But there is a state cop pulling over people and search theres homes and givng them charges. Watch out. He got my buddy and from what heard a member og gc3

ftwendy

ftwendy

The weakest link in every med state's chain is the attorneys: it is on their advice that most dispensaries close, shrinking the crowd, spreading fear, which focuses leo and perpetuates the boogeyman mentality. The simple fact is that most attorneys lack the courage to focus the law to reflect the voters intentions; in fact, from an attorneys point of view, it is counterproductive to behave like an activist for any reason other than building client lists and retainer accounts. It is in the lawyers best interest to see the pendulum swing back and forth while the AG resists the spirit of our law...

They talk like activists when they're at the podium, but the advice they provide in private feeds the system. Where is our referendum to define the terms of caregiver to patient transfers, and caregiver to caregiver? Nowhere that I've seen. Everything I see in print, or hear through the grapevine is just cows mooing about decisions made by a few old men in suits. We need to speak up and explain to the old men that they will lose their jobs if they continue to cater to the minority opinion that cannabis should remain a black market commodity. After all, a patient's medicine needs to be available for it to have any benefit. Right?

J

jw214

Are people following the 12 plant per room deal as a caregiver? That just seems ridiculous to me.. So If your a caregiver with 5 patients under you, you have to have 6 rooms total?

Top Bottom