more spots getting raided

• Thread starter recordsnherb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

just not enough to keep you from getting charged with multiple felonies...

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

the law can be interpreted very differently, guess it kinda depends on whos fucking with you, wouldnt say hes spreading bullshit info necessarily

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

just not enough to keep you from getting charged with multiple felonies...

The wheels of justice turn slowly. There are a buttload of cases pending that local government are dragging their feet, because of personal opinions not the law as written. ACLU is overloaded and underfunded. They are in court as we speak taking on municipalities that are flat out saying no. Livonia, Huron, Birmingham, Oakland, and ect.

LEO is ignoring law and just busting people and letting the courts sort it out to bankrupt caregivers/patients. That's why they say it is confusing, because they choose to ignore law over what is opinion or personal morals.

M

MTgrower

Dispensaries SUCK. Ban them. Do not let them get established. They have ruined the MJ scene here in Montana with their in-your-face tactics and blatant advertising.

MMJ has been legal here in MT for years, but with the surfacing of dispensaries came a massive backlash against the industry.

People who have bought into the government propaganda on MJ over the last hundred years are not going to be down with a pot shop in the middle of down town.

I live in Missoula, a very liberal college town FULL of pot smoking students and locals. They aren't down with it here, so they will definitely not be down with it back in MI. I grew up in Toledo/Detroit area and have a home in Northern MI on the AuSable.

Slow and steady. Keep it under the radar. Otherwise you'll have dispensaries on every corner driving the price of good weed lower than it should be.

Look at what is going on here in MT. The Gov. has already vetoed a flat out repeal, but now has to decide on HB 423... another terrible bill.

He will probably veto it as well, but then the feds will come crashing in with the aid of the state and local drug task forces. They will bust with zeal and let the courts set precedent.

NO DISPENSARIES!!!!!! I've been operating as a private "Caregiver" for two years now. Been growing much longer, but that isn't the point. Without any advertising, my business continues to thrive. They aren't good for anyone but the dispensary owner!

They are the Methadone Clinics of the Marijuana world. I was a patient at a methadone clinic for years. They are terrible, as are dispensaries.

I just don't want to see a good thing ruined by a greedy few in the other state I call home. If shit got too hectic here, I planed to return to Grayling and supply that area. And they pay up the ass back east!

Rant Over.

M

MTgrower

He didn't Veto HB 423 in Montana. It specifically bans all dispensaries, all advertising, and get this... you cannot be compensated for growing. That is right... You are expected to give your weed away... not only can you not profit, you cannot be reimbursed for the expense of growing. You have to pay people to smoke your drugs.

FIGHT THE DISPENSARIES!!!!! BAN THEM. BLACK BALL THE OWNERS! They WILL ruin your MMJ scene.

It is over here in MT. Back to black... which is actually good for most. The fucking dispensaries cut the price of weed in half by flooding the market with shit that isn't cured and usually isn't what it is said to be.

Seriously MI people. Watch what is happening out west, and do the OPPOSITE!!!

Hawkind

Hawkind

He didn't Veto HB 423 in Montana. It specifically bans all dispensaries, all advertising, and get this... you cannot be compensated for growing. That is right... You are expected to give your weed away... not only can you not profit, you cannot be reimbursed for the expense of growing. You have to pay people to smoke your drugs.

FIGHT THE DISPENSARIES!!!!! BAN THEM. BLACK BALL THE OWNERS! They WILL ruin your MMJ scene.

It is over here in MT. Back to black... which is actually good for most. The fucking dispensaries cut the price of weed in half by flooding the market with shit that isn't cured and usually isn't what it is said to be.

Seriously MI people. Watch what is happening out west, and do the OPPOSITE!!!

MT,
I have to agree with you on the dispensary point. I don't think that non MMJ supporters like to see these stores popping up all over the community. I just doesn't look good for the movement. I recently stopped patronizing a certain dispensary here in Michigan because it went from professional to adolescent in a matter of a few months. And low and behold it was raided shortly after. I will definitely not be going to anymore in the future.

B

Brownsugar

shits not right!!! I just cant understand what these people are thinking god forbid they use their time catching some one who's really breaking the law or hurting someone or catching a drunk driver ECT.. ECT...

T

tricloud

You need to read the law! It clearly states that caregivers can legally be compensated for their labor, services, electricity and supplies.

That means that caregivers can collect money for their buds.

sky high

sky high

IMO....folks need to READ what the Gov't is saying in these memos.

My take is this: When the first (Ogden) memo came out it specifically said that the Fed wouldn't target patients who were medicating/growing as allowed under >existing> State law.

Unfortunately...a lot of folks took this memo/easing of Gov't heat as an open door to go BEYOND personal grows and set up warehouses full of ganj. The STATES..like mine (CO) then set up laws AFTER THE FACT (memo) that have authorized SALES and DISTRIBUTION... neither of which have ANYTHING to do with the ORIGINAL laws and neither of which were "allowed" in the Holder memo.

IMO...if the Gov't starts busting med folks for 6 plants in their closet THEY HAVE GONE BACK ON THEIR WORD.

If they bust a WAREHOUSE authorized by a NEW LAW CREATED AFTER THE MEMO was circulated (HB1284 in CO) and the laws were CHANGED to reflect COMMERCIAL GROWING rather than PERSONAL GROWING as it has here in CO...then I believe they are RIGHT ON in their targeting of the CLOWNS who think that med laws are their ticket to grow COMMERCIAL SIZED gardens or open dispensaries and SELL WEED in PUBLIC.

Folks need to learn that an inch ISN'T a mile. Period.

Unfortunately, the Gov't is gonna show a bunch of em here in CO how the game is played very soon. Just watch.

be safe all

s h

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
IMO....folks need to READ what the Gov't is saying in these memos.

My take is this: When the first (Ogden) memo came out it specifically said that the Fed wouldn't target patients who were medicating/growing as allowed under >existing> State law.

Unfortunately...a lot of folks took this memo/easing of Gov't heat as an open door to go BEYOND personal grows and set up warehouses full of ganj. The STATES..like mine (CO) then set up laws AFTER THE FACT (memo) that have authorized SALES and DISTRIBUTION... neither of which have ANYTHING to do with the ORIGINAL laws and neither of which were "allowed" in the Holder memo.

IMO...if the Gov't starts busting med folks for 6 plants in their closet THEY HAVE GONE BACK ON THEIR WORD.

If they bust a WAREHOUSE authorized by a NEW LAW CREATED AFTER THE MEMO was circulated (HB1284 in CO) and the laws were CHANGED to reflect COMMERCIAL GROWING rather than PERSONAL GROWING as it has here in CO...then I believe they are RIGHT ON in their targeting of the CLOWNS who think that med laws are their ticket to grow COMMERCIAL SIZED gardens or open dispensaries and SELL WEED in PUBLIC.

Folks need to learn that an inch ISN'T a mile. Period.

Unfortunately, the Gov't is gonna show a bunch of em here in CO how the game is played very soon. Just watch.

be safe all

s h

well stated sky high and yes to all stay safe

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

The problem I have is with their definition of a caregiver being a dispensary. Some counties in Michigan are trying to pass unjust zoning to ban or restrict caregiver grows.

sky high

sky high

Unfortunately, just as some patients have taken extreme liberties with the laws there are jurisdictions in CO who are also taken their own liberties via limiting plant counts/caregiver rights.

Sadly...the only avenue I can see that we are given to fight this shit is to dig into your pocket and hire counsel to defend your civil/constitutional rights.

s h

P

paperplane

Sky I said the exact same thing. You give people an inch and they take a mile. I feel we should be able to grow as much as we like, But we cant. I'm honestly more than happy with my state's and city limits.(Well I wish I could have a few more) Hopefully all these people who are blowing out warehouses trying to make a million a year don't ruin it for the rest of us. I just feel alot of people are hiding behind the MMJ just so they can make some $$$.

sky high

sky high

gotta say that it does my mind good to see you guys putting 2 + 2 together to make 4.

WAYYY to many folks came here (or were here) with false expectations that they then TURNED INTO FACT to suit their own game. I saw a lot of folks asking how/talking about how they were going to >>move here<< specifically to get a variance to grow above the 3/3 the law allows >>>when no provision of the sort exists here by law<<<....

and they DID.....ignoring all laws and doin WTF they pleased.

Now the shit is hitting the fan...and iit isn't gonna get any better.

DON'T let the same crap happen in your state! DON't fall for the dispensary scheme when you can grow your own/grow for those who cannot/will not grow for themselves....cus everyone is ALREADY covered under such a model!

onward, through the fog....

s h

S

swisscheese

The problem I have is with their definition of a caregiver being a dispensary. Some counties in Michigan are trying to pass unjust zoning to ban or restrict caregiver grows.

Have there been any precidents set as far as Michigan's Right To Farm Act goes and what you're talking about as far as zoning?

M

MTgrower

You need to read the law! It clearly states that caregivers can legally be compensated for their labor, services, electricity and supplies.

That means that caregivers can collect money for their buds.

If that was directed at me, I was making reference to Montana HB 423, our new "Medical Marijuana" law.

It is very clear that growers are expected to grow without compensation.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Most of the discussions about zoning in Michigan cities is directed at groups that are setting up grows for multiple caregivers or patients under one roof. To my knowledge no city has tried to ban personal grows in your home. This is an attempt to curb commercial production warehouses.

I have been a patient here for two years now and have recently decided to offer my services as a caregiver or try to check with some dispensaries about picking up my overages. Firstly, the dispensaries aren't very interested as at least some are bringing in medicine from Cali. Nevermind I have strains they don't and have 20 years expirience. Secondly, the patients I have spoken with about caregivers are only interested in having someone grow medicine for free. I am very generous and will not keep a patient from meds because of money but I simply cannot afford to spend my money growing for someone who just wants free weed.

So until people get a little less greedy and remember that the intent of the law is to ease suffering, I will continue to grow fine meds for myself. The dispensaries can take a flying leap for all I care. I'd love to help other patients but if they cannot accept that growing the highest quality medicine requires an amount of time, money and energy and deserves to be compensated for it, they can keep going to the dispensaries.

Top Bottom