More Swag, Less Schwag

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Canna-Branders Prepare to Hurry Up and Wait

"I'm not sure brand dilution can get any worse than it has up to now," says Chrystal Ortiz, marketing and branding coordinator for True Humboldt. True Humboldt, a co-op of local cannabis farmers, is one of several organizations trying to turn the region into a brand and realign that brand with values that will sell.

At the heart of the issue is appellation, the protected geographical distinction of where a product comes from. Champagne, for example, can only be called such if it's bottled in Champagne, France. Appellation rights for cannabis growers were one of the provisions in the recent spate of state medical marijuana laws largely celebrated by local growers. But what Humboldt's appellation will actually come to stand for is under pressure from competing visions and practices.

Link:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Canna-Branders Prepare to Hurry Up and Wait

"I'm not sure brand dilution can get any worse than it has up to now," says Chrystal Ortiz, marketing and branding coordinator for True Humboldt. True Humboldt, a co-op of local cannabis farmers, is one of several organizations trying to turn the region into a brand and realign that brand with values that will sell.

At the heart of the issue is appellation, the protected geographical distinction of where a product comes from. Champagne, for example, can only be called such if it's bottled in Champagne, France. Appellation rights for cannabis growers were one of the provisions in the recent spate of state medical marijuana laws largely celebrated by local growers. But what Humboldt's appellation will actually come to stand for is under pressure from competing visions and practices.

Link:
Love it.... as gas chromatography mass spectrometry gets cheaper we will see who the real growers are.... colorado is feelin the pesticides wave now... California did it years ago. I have been in vendors meetings and actually have seen this first hand. ... just because you can make your plant pretty with silica or get rid of your bugs with pesticides at harvest does not mean you just made medicine... hell i watched a guy get pm last year and take a 4 pound tree and dunk every cola in diluted peroxide because thats what he read and he knows no one will test his black market crap.

The lies about chemicals and when they were used in the grow are what the government is going to use to fight us... if the ppl cant figure out how to make healthy clean medicine then the government will just put a strangle hold on all of it. And company name use is very shady also. Just because you buy beans from a well known area does NOT mean you have the environmental factors needed to replicate what they do.

If i grow a clone in no till and you grow it on a flood table with 18 bottles does NOT mean we have the same pot. It also does NOT mean we had the same environmental impact footprint either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom