Mosaic Virus. How To Sterilize The Room, Pots.

• Thread starter VenomToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VenomToker

VenomToker

I had a pack of Og ghost train haze all show the same signs. I thought it was from nutes or ph. So I stop feeding and ph to 6.3. Nth helped. So I killed the 6 off and germinate my last 3. Only one popped. So I made it a mother it started showing the same sign, curling leaf to the side and spotted light green leaves. I took clone of the mother to see if it's something else. Last week when I went to inspect all my other plants. Holy grail kush, Girls scout and Green Crack now they have signs. All other plants that's not in the same room are ok healthy. So I tossed 61 plants that where ready for flower. Sucks hurts, no buds to supply or smoke. HOW DO I STERILIZE THE ROOM?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Shit.... Mosaic virus is a pernicious problem from what I've read. Would follow typical cleaning procedures, multiple washes of EVERYTHING with bleach, would even resort to pulling in some lysol aerosol cans to get into the impossible to clean spots.

Or, just burn the room down and rebuild lol. Not serious at all. Did you snag some pics, by chance? I personally have never seen a case with cannabis in many years on forums. Would be a good one for the archives.

VenomToker

VenomToker

Shit.... Mosaic virus is a pernicious problem from what I've read. Would follow typical cleaning procedures, multiple washes of EVERYTHING with bleach, would even resort to pulling in some lysol aerosol cans to get into the impossible to clean spots.

Or, just burn the room down and rebuild lol. Not serious at all. Did you snag some pics, by chance? I personally have never seen a case with cannabis in many years on forums. Would be a good one for the archives.
No I didn't take pictures but it spreader like wild fire. Plants started getting weak even with the mother plants stem being 2 inch thick. I don't know how it happen but as I read more it can be carried on seeds because the mother plant was infected. I wanted to flower them but plants to weak fan blowing would have them leaning. What a waste of time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
MILK! Milk, milk, milk, MILK. Got milk? Milk breaks the telomeres of the virus, nothing else does that. Want the papers I have on using milk? Bleach can't do it. Quaternary ammonium compounds can't do it. Isopropyl (or any other type of) alcohol can't do it!

Milk does it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
MILK! Milk, milk, milk, MILK. Got milk? Milk breaks the telomeres of the virus, nothing else does that. Want the papers I have on using milk? Bleach can't do it. Quaternary ammonium compounds can't do it. Isopropyl (or any other type of) alcohol can't do it!

Milk does it.

Any kind of milk? How weird.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
VenomToker

VenomToker

Milk does it.
Thank you so much

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

IIRC whole cow's milk is what's being used.

I'll repost the ag handouts.

http://www.ct.gov/caes/lib/caes/pdi...h_tunnel_tomato_diseases_11-03-09_handout.pdf

http://articles.extension.org/pages...anic-tomatoes-in-greenhouses-and-high-tunnels

Pay attention to the methods used for controlling spread and virus vectoring. These methods can be used on any surface that can be washed.

Been hearing you talk about this for a minute, but wasn't able to find the articles. Thanks for re-posting those articles.

I have not read them yet, just wanted to thank first. Any reason milk shouldn't be used as in a regular IPM program? I just started a good number of seeds, and I have noticed about 2-5% are already showing twisted leaves, and some TMV looking half-discolored leaves. I am tempted to just cull, but this is only the 4th node on the plant. Not sure if the plants are just getting their feet, or if they have a virus. Hard to tell this young, but I don't want it to spread if it is a virus.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No reason that I can see, and that's part of what those ag handouts discuss.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

very interested to see some test results saying you have TMV, I have yet to see a single positive test, lots of negative tests though.

the initial stages of a broad mite infestation can create mottled leaves that have that appearance, did you scope plants or just assume you had a virus and cull? I've had dozens and dozens of genetics that have varigated leaves, I've never seen it spread to other genetics in a sudden way, but have seen some large grows in CO recently that are dealing with broad mites and have those varigated leaves showing fairly frequently on infected plants.

VenomToker

VenomToker

very interested to see some test results saying you have TMV, I have yet to see a single positive test, lots of negative tests though.

the initial stages of a broad mite infestation can create mottled leaves that have that appearance, did you scope plants or just assume you had a virus and cull? I've had dozens and dozens of genetics that have varigated leaves, I've never seen it spread to other genetics in a sudden way, but have seen some large grows in CO recently that are dealing with broad mites and have those varigated leaves showing fairly frequently on infected plants.
Sorry took so long but I had no bugs at all in my grow room. Move location since then everything good now. But it started from my Og ghost train haze seeds. I learned since then not to let plants touch and give them space.

VenomToker

VenomToker

Sorry took so long but I had no bugs at all in my grow room. Move location since then everything good now. But it started from my Og ghost train haze seeds. I learned since then not to let plants touch and give them space.
I had the leaf curl, spotted leafs, weak stem to the point the plants lean over. I was using smart pots I fought and comb over plants for two weeks. No bugs just warms in soil that's all I found. Got to the point every plant had the same signs. Weak plant that when the air blow any way it lean and stayed in the leaning position. Kept clones after to test if it was a defenecy nope. They all just she'd leaves to the point I would get a good half zip off each

keiksweat

keiksweat

I had the leaf curl, spotted leafs, weak stem to the point the plants lean over. I was using smart pots I fought and comb over plants for two weeks. No bugs just warms in soil that's all I found. Got to the point every plant had the same signs. Weak plant that when the air blow any way it lean and stayed in the leaning position. Kept clones after to test if it was a defenecy nope. They all just she'd leaves to the point I would get a good half zip off each
that's some weird shit.is this virus getting wide spread in the states?or specific areas even?very interesting .thanks.

VenomToker

VenomToker

that's some weird shit.is this virus getting wide spread in the states?or specific areas even?very interesting .thanks.
I think it's more where you get you clones/seeds from I believe. Read it spread through contact and mothers who have the virus past it to seeds.

Top Bottom