Most Bang For The Buck?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I wish this could be under happier circumstances, but my aunt has MS & her liver is failing which prevents her from taking opioid medication. Personally I think opiates are a horrible thing (no offense meant to anyone), but she is terminally ill and her doctors have only given her a few years to live. I would like to see her have some form of relief for her pain.

In a couple of months, my wife and I should both have our OMMP cards and my aunt will be listing me as her caregiver allowing us to grow her plants alongside our own. Because of my aunts health, she is unable to smoke her medicine, so I'm leaning heavily towards edibles. I'm debating which form of edibles would be the most effective for her. I'm thinking about the possibility of producing butter for her which would allow her to self medicate as needed, while giving her more options for how she wishes to consume her medication.

As I do not have my OMMP card in hand (yet), I do not have a grow underway. Temporarily until I can harvest my first OMMP grow, I plan to take her to the dispensaries to test out a variety of different options (edibles, tincture, possibly vaping, etc). I'm thinking about doing a SOG in order to run a perpetual grow where ideally I can harvest a couple of plants on a monthly basis, but this will take some time to establish even when growing from clones. I'm hoping to be able to run her 6 plants and produce enough medication for her to have a few months of relief while I establish my grow and get everything dialed in. TL;DR So here is my question guys & gals; if you were to harvest 6 plants and turn them into non-smokable medication, which route would you guys take?

Cheers,
Kas

germinator

germinator

Aunties meds can come from close trim and larf, you have plant count restrictions and you wanna do perpetual adding her plants could be a wash.
peace and best vibes to you.

tweedy

tweedy

Is she opposed to coconut oil at all? Concentrates go a very long way when cut with it and that'd certainly make the most out of your supply. I made some really small (000 size gel caps, about 7-10 mg THC a piece) that were almost too much for non smokers. Really easy to do with a crockpot as well.

S

seebobsled

You said no lung and liver failure so sublingual or microdermal patches that goes directly into the blood instead of using the liver to process it into the blood may be better. Also topical cream is another way to direct it into bloodstream. Not saying canaboids can't help the liver it should. But trying to get relief go as many angles of attack to achieve the relief. Look into the garrison program it is a all organic juicing regiment that reverses just about every disease.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Aunties meds can come from close trim and larf, you have plant count restrictions and you wanna do perpetual adding her plants could be a wash.
peace and best vibes to you.

I guess I could start saving trim for concentrates. That should work well. Ideally, I want her to have the best meds possible even if that means I do entire plant runs for concentrates. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that.

Is she opposed to coconut oil at all? Concentrates go a very long way when cut with it and that'd certainly make the most out of your supply. I made some really small (000 size gel caps, about 7-10 mg THC a piece) that were almost too much for non smokers. Really easy to do with a crockpot as well.

I think at this point she's willing to try almost anything bro. Besides the pain problems, she's having some real emotional trouble with coming to terms with being terminally ill. I don't blame her; she's in a bad place and I'm trying to find anything to give her some relief. I knew her problems were getting serious when she mentioned this as a possibility; for years she nearly refused to even consider cannabis as a viable medicine. Would you happen to have a link/recipe for those coconut oil gels? Thanks for the suggestion bro.

You said no lung and liver failure so sublingual or microdermal patches that goes directly into the blood instead of using the liver to process it into the blood may be better. Also topical cream is another way to direct it into bloodstream. Not saying canaboids can't help the liver it should. But trying to get relief go as many angles of attack to achieve the relief. Look into the garrison program it is a all organic juicing regiment that reverses just about every disease.

I'll definitely look into that, thanks a bunch! I think edibles, creams/patches would be easier for her to accept. She's showing interest in using medical marijuana for the first time in her life, and I think these are good ways to get her acclimated her a new form of medication. I'll be sure to look at the garrison program.

Thanks again guys, I love the recommendations.

S

seebobsled

The more information that I get I think We are killing ourselves with all the processed foods and toxins we come into contact with. Moving to land to work on live on and grow on. My goal is 80% living food 20% cooked. I wish her the best. Keep up spirit positive attitude helps. Assure her that the body is smarter than any Dr. Get the house in order health will follow.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

The more information that I get I think We are killing ourselves with all the processed foods and toxins we come into contact with. Moving to land to work on live on and grow on. My goal is 80% living food 20% cooked. I wish her the best. Keep up spirit positive attitude helps. Assure her that the body is smarter than any Dr. Get the house in order health will follow.

Absolutely! The doctors initially told her she would only live 7-10 years... that was 17 years ago. I'm hoping a few lifestyle changes will get her body back in order. I'm not a medical professional, but having a positive mental state goes a long way. I hope it makes a difference for her. I'll be sure to talk to her about changing her diet as well.

Cheers,
Kas

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I wish this could be under happier circumstances, but my aunt has MS & her liver is failing which prevents her from taking opioid medication. Personally I think opiates are a horrible thing (no offense meant to anyone), but she is terminally ill and her doctors have only given her a few years to live. I would like to see her have some form of relief for her pain.

In a couple of months, my wife and I should both have our OMMP cards and my aunt will be listing me as her caregiver allowing us to grow her plants alongside our own. Because of my aunts health, she is unable to smoke her medicine, so I'm leaning heavily towards edibles. I'm debating which form of edibles would be the most effective for her. I'm thinking about the possibility of producing butter for her which would allow her to self medicate as needed, while giving her more options for how she wishes to consume her medication.

As I do not have my OMMP card in hand (yet), I do not have a grow underway. Temporarily until I can harvest my first OMMP grow, I plan to take her to the dispensaries to test out a variety of different options (edibles, tincture, possibly vaping, etc). I'm thinking about doing a SOG in order to run a perpetual grow where ideally I can harvest a couple of plants on a monthly basis, but this will take some time to establish even when growing from clones. I'm hoping to be able to run her 6 plants and produce enough medication for her to have a few months of relief while I establish my grow and get everything dialed in. TL;DR So here is my question guys & gals; if you were to harvest 6 plants and turn them into non-smokable medication, which route would you guys take?

Cheers,
Kas

I would turn it into HS Oil for her.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

Top Bottom