Most Difficult Strain You Ever Grew

• Thread starter kolah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

What was your most difficult strain to grow?
Listing these specifics may be helpful.

Name of plant strain:
Started from: seed or clone
Grown in: soil, hydro, indoors, outdoors etc
Lighting: (types of bulgs, wattage, etc)
Products used (soil, nutrients, etc)
Overall summary

what diseases or molds did you encounter
what bugs did you encounter
what type of yield
what could you have done to improve your results
Do you think it was the seed strain being crap, your grow enviroment, shit nutrients or was it you the growers fault or a combo of all of them.

add anything else relevant to your experience. :)

S

sk2004

Paris island romaine from seed in the old school ah nft. Used a 400 commodity mh (not burning the eye blues for lettuce).

Have grown in soil, but the hydro is a new thing and a new (at least to me) system
Learned several things, always overpower the pump and add as much aeration to the res as possible.

Probabaly my lack of skills as a grower more than anything else. Weather didn't help, hot as hell n could barely keep mothers alive (much less root cuttings).

Good thing is learning, n now the nft is outgrowin
g the soil pots for the ky wunder weed.

T

TROCOLO

Hi

I think that the most difficult strains are the ones with a longer flowering period. But the problem is not exactly the plant, the problem is the impatience the grower LoL.

Greetings.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Phoenix One by JLP (Nevilles haze x SSH). Grew in Soil. First pure sat I tried to grow in soil. Feed and water way different. My skills is what lacked but talk about a picky bitch!!!! Bugs and mold wernt a problem. Feed totally different then what I was used to up to that point. Seemed like everything I did I did wrong.

U

Urbangrowths

Some '84 landrace Thai, received 2nd hand by Emery on his world tour. Whew I couldn't do anything right with her. And to top everything else off. Guess I didn't veg her long enough, cause the clones off of all 2/3 auto'd and guess what I lost the clones of the third cause the bitches wouldn't root. Ah well, on to the next one...
Peace

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

The hardest one for me was Flo. I did her from seed, in soil, using PBP nutes, under a 600 MH / HPS. Started off with a super blue MH bulb, then switched to HPS two weeks into flowering. She was just picky about everything. Watering, nutes, temps, you name it. She acted as though she only wanted water, and not much of that. The smoke was excellent, but the yield was low, and it was just too picky. Like a needy girlfriend, with too much baggage. There's better to to had, that puts out better, and requires less of your time.

K

kolah

Thanks all, good info for sure.

Don't be shy. Post your stories. Failures and stumbling blocks are for learning purposes. :)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Anything and everything with UK Cheese in it, especially the strait UK or Exedus cuts...she drove me crazy...I even let my Alieno Fuggagio go if you can imagine cuz she was finiky as hell

Tex

BlackBart

BlackBart

Nigerien nightmare from Afropips . I started these indoors under lights the beginning of April and put them outdoors the end of May . They just started to flower the end of Oct . Much different version then Reefermans I suspect .

F

fatganjagrower

jackberry. hard to get a good yeild. real fire tho but not a great producer, maybe its just me

Top Bottom