Most effective aphid control I’ve found.

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

I’ve tried everything. neem oil, hosing them off, lady bugs, yellow sticks pads, diatomaceous earth, green lacewings, (didnt get a chance to try spinosodal soap during veg though) and I used compressed air today because one plant was VERY bad. the other 4 were decent.

I have been fighting this since veg and while its not under full control, I feel like its slowed it down enough to finish my grow.

this works the best. a sticky tape on a screwdriver. its not overly time consuming but usually only 1 or 2 branches on the entire plant looks like this: and only 1 plant is infected. the others seem fine. 5 mins of my time sure kicks the aphid populations ass.

I just keep sticking em every 3-4 days when im in the tent and it seems to slow them down enough so im winning overall.

ive only got 6 plants in a 4x4 though. you commercial or giant SCROG guys are in a diff situation.

Most effective aphid control ive found
Most effective aphid control ive found 2
Most effective aphid control ive found 3
Most effective aphid control ive found 4
Last edited:
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

That is crafty and looks pretty effective.

I'm going to be the greenhouse manager here and say the best treatment will always be removing the plant. You have a very high concentration in those pictures.

Cracken

Cracken

when i had a plant like that, it went outside and nothing returned in my room. after the grow i cleaned the room and started fresh. new soil and even the pots hit the recycle. my infection came from a clone. unchecked.
👏👏got to give props on the tape and screwdriver trick.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I’ve tried everything. neem oil, hosing them off, lady bugs, yellow sticks pads, diatomaceous earth, green lacewings, (didnt get a chance to try spinosodal soap during veg though) and I used compressed air today because one plant was VERY bad. the other 4 were decent.

I have been fighting this since veg and while its not under full control, I feel like its slowed it down enough to finish my grow.

this works the best. a sticky tape on a screwdriver. its not overly time consuming but usually only 1 or 2 branches on the entire plant looks like this: and only 1 plant is infected. the others seem fine. 5 mins of my time sure kicks the aphid populations ass.

I just keep sticking em every 3-4 days when im in the tent and it seems to slow them down enough so im winning overall.

ive only got 6 plants in a 4x4 though. you commercial or giant SCROG guys are in a diff situation.

You got one of the worst luck with bugs! I really feel 4ya bro....

CF89

CF89

You have a very high concentration in those pictures.

that’s the thing. There is 6 plants. Each has about 15 branches. And this is the ONLY one that’s concentrated. The other branches got nothing.

Maybe 5 other branches had 2-3 aphids each.

only one branch gets bad like that and I catch it every few days

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

that’s the thing. There is 6 plants. Each has about 15 branches. And this is the ONLY one that’s concentrated. The other branches got nothing.

Maybe 5 other branches had 2-3 aphids each.

only one branch gets bad like that and I catch it every few days
Interesting, I wonder what is different about that branch. Less wind? Less direct light, more direct light? Warmer in the corner? I also wonder if you moved the plant from its current position if they stay on that one or move to the same location on the replacement. Are they all the same strain?

CF89

CF89

I wondered if location mattered too. They’re usually towards the bottom. On a smaller branch. Kinda hidden I’ve noticed. Those concentrated branches like that are rare. And hard to find. Nice little honey hole when I do though.

1 grand daddy purple that’s re vegged
1 strawberry jager that’s re vegged. This is the bad plant.
4 pink lemonade from seed. Doing great. One plant sometimes has a bad branch too. Depends how lazy I am.

CF89

CF89

What you see on the tape is all I could find in about 3 minutes of hard searching in my tent. And most of it came from that one branch that I took a picture of.

super weird for sure. They much hatch in packs and I wipe out packs at a time.

I have also defoliated hardcore 3 times during flower which I imagine also cut down on their population a ton.

I’ve fought hard against these fuckers and kept their total numbers under about 100 I think in my 4x4 tent. There’s 30 alone on the tape

greenjoe

greenjoe

I had a bad case of those last year.....my harvest was just terrible....tasted bad....bad buzz....smaller buds ....if i went through with those again...i would just toss them....sterilize and restart

CF89

CF89

I don’t think I got a bad case. Thank god. Never gave them much of a chance to get bad

it’s exponential and snowballs. 10 becomes 100 and that becomes 1000 and that becomes 10,000 real quick.

how did yours get so bad that it ruined a crop?

how are aphids bad exactly? My plants and buds are thriving and doing awesome. Except for the odd bug on the bottom of a leaf and a branch being concentrated with aphids every 3-4 days, which I’m aware of and take care of quickly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don’t think I got a bad case. Thank god. Never gave them much of a chance to get bad

it’s exponential and snowballs. 10 becomes 100 and that becomes 1000 and that becomes 10,000 real quick.

how are aphids bad exactly? My plants and buds are thriving and doing awesome. Except for the odd bug on the bottom of a leaf and a branch being concentrated with aphids every 3-4 days, which I’m aware of and take care of quickly.
You said you tried neem oil without success....It worked very well for me with spider mites after others said the stuff didn't work for them....I used 8-10 ml per liter or 1.2 -1.5 oz per gallon and 1 gallon sprayed 2 plants thoroughly with a hand pump pressure washer then repeated in 3 days....It killed them all and their little babies too.....Not sure if the same concentrations would work on aphids but if you have the Neem oil blast the fkers good with it.. I completely saturated the plants, pots and top of the soil then let the leaves dry, away the bright lights with a fan

greenjoe

greenjoe

Let us know when you harvest....

CF89

CF89

You said you tried neem oil without success....It worked very well for me with spider mites after others said the stuff didn't work for them....I used 8-10 ml per liter or 1.2 -1.5 oz per gallon and 1 gallon sprayed 2 plants thoroughly with a hand pump pressure washer then repeated in 3 days....It killed them all and their little babies too.....Not sure if the same concentrations would work on aphids but if you have the Neem oil blast the fkers good with it.. I completely saturated the plants, pots and top of the soil then let the leaves dry, away the bright lights with a fan

I used 6ml per gallon, so maybe not enough? 2 different kinds of organic, pure neem oil

I did the same as you.. sprayed them hardcore and soaked them before lights out. Twice. By the time plant 6 was done being sprayed. Plant 1 was dry so I did them all twice per night during veg

I did that every 2 days for 3 or 4 times. Didn’t seem to do much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom