Most RIDICULOUSLY priced nutes out there....

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I was just on the toilet and noticed Humboldt Nutrients is getting 85 bucks for a gallon of their Silica.....lol....WTF!?!?

What is the most ridiculously priced product out there that you can remember being offered to MMJ farmers?

Should be a cool "no fly list"..........

Also, what DO yo use instead of the dum dum product?....

I use Protekt for my Silica.

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

I have thought one of the most crazy over priced products out there is Voodoo Juice....that stuff is crazy expensive and there are several other brands that work better than it does for a fraction of the cost.

Snow Storm Ultra however is a reasonable priced product/additive IMHO for the concentrated amounts of the PGR Triacontanol which is what all those kelp and seaweed extract type products have in them. Snow Storm is really cheap and cost effective to use and can replace several products like cloning products for example and can be used from germination to harvest.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

HG w/ another price hike, I went into the store the other day and noticed they hiked it up another 10 bucks, it's now 85 bucks for the gallons of A+B. Do all nutes in hydro stores nearly double in price in there lifetime? I use protekt silica atm, I think the diatomaceous earth is horrible as silica additive and also as a soil amendment. First of all once you wet it it won't be shredding any bugs anymore(unless you flood and drain there's no way to keep it dry), 2nd it is the exact opposite as perlite/lava rocks that make your soil more aerated, this thing makes it hold more water and not drain properly IME.

Reactions: mal
KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Good idea with the dict. earth. Thought about addin it to my subsoil just to shred the bugs a lil.
I always figured the dust from the vermic perilite n guano n castins n my soiless mix must provide the silica. I've experimented supplementing with other types of silica n not noticed any difference n my set ups.
rice hulls are a good soil amendment for sillica.

Bloombastic by Atami, H&G Roots Excelerator. any of the BS from AN.
oh yeah the bloombastic is super spendy, the roots too but damn those are some good results and low usage amounts.
2nd it is the exact opposite as perlite/lava rocks that make your soil more aerated, this thing makes it hold more water and not drain properly IME.
totally, just cover the top of your pots with it and water a few times, once it semi dries it'll be a think nasty clump that is almost impossible for water to penetrate though, it'll take hours for the water to seep down though littl ecracks and holes.

dankworth

dankworth

I believe aptus is the most expensive at the moment.
I was just thinking of how their bottled pgr was a bazillion fucking dollars.
WTF "I always felt like I was running a science experiment" or whatever the phrasing was.
And now you don't? And now you calculate ppms?
Sounded like an infomercial.
Made alarm bells go off when I read that shit.
He said it, people will buy it. Brand loyalty.

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Good call on the Aptus line. Those folks are not very friendly as I tried to get some information from them. For as much as they are asking for the products they could at least be "nice" I thought and answer the questions I had, but instead they were rude and not very helpful at all....lol

Very poor customer service is how I would rate Aptus and personally do not care how awesome the product is if the people from the company suck. Thats just me I guess...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Algen from H&G and Nitrozyme from Ionic at $95 bucks a quart is painful for seaweed extract, I sub Maxi Crop seaweed extract at $20 bucks a gallon and never look back..

Green fuse bloom is a kick in the sack at $85 for less than a pint

Floramite at $150 a pint is no easy pill either

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Ya I have been spoiled on a huge sample that was gifted of Nitrozyme and I just am about to use up the last bit which means will need to buy some or find a alternative product. Might have to try what TK is using.

K

kushtrees

I had a sample of nitrozime just for foliars, I'm running very low though, but I do like it. I like the maxi crop tip TK ima have to look at that

If we're adding pesticides to the list... Forbid 300$ for 8 oz, it's 1.2ml/ gal so it'll last for ever but that wasnt the easiest thing to buy. It is very effective though

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Algen from H&G and Nitrozyme from Ionic at $95 bucks a quart is painful for seaweed extract, I sub Maxi Crop seaweed extract at $20 bucks a gallon and never look back..
What medium are you using TK? does this work for hydro? specifically RDWC?

sdgrower

sdgrower

SNS 217 was expensive before the price decrease. The only company I have seen in a while whose prices went down. Heavy 16 Fire is expensive too.

GhostFace

GhostFace

it is a crazy price but alot of people still think that the more they pay and the more hype they read that they are getting a better product.. heavy16 is also alot for a basic mix

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'd say pretty much any bennies on the market are way overpriced as compared to Cap's.

outwest

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

it is a crazy price but alot of people still think that the more they pay and the more hype they read that they are getting a better product.. heavy16 is also alot for a basic mix

I agree.. but there is a difference between hype, and results. specifically science.

after seeing the results first hand, doing some research, and speaking with H16 lead agronomist, i can safely say H16 is not just a basic mix..

here are some of the ingredients listed in Bud-A:

ferricethylenediamine-di(o-hydroxphenyl-acetate) (FeEDDHA), iron disodium diethelenetriaminepentaccetate (Fena2DTPA), zinc diammonium ethylendiamine teraacetate, calcium acetate, calcium gluconate, manganese sulfate, manganese nitrate

Also, I almost never use cal mag anymore..

Top Bottom