Mother Plant Feminized Seed

• Thread starter NoFr1ends
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoFr1ends

I was thinking I was going to pop a feminized seed and use it as a mom. After reading this is the wrong thing to do... something about not being stable and could produce herms. Does this sound about right?

Now my plan is to run some different strains and see what I like best and get regular seeds of that and mom that female seed. Lol

Oh well. Now I know.

Wildill

Wildill

That's not true I've had plenty of moms from fem seeds.. if she's stable during your test run and doesn't herm on she will be good to go for a mom me personally I've found more herms in regular seeds.

N

NoFr1ends

That's not true I've had plenty of moms from fem seeds.. if she's stable during your test run and doesn't herm on she will be good to go for a mom me personally I've found more herms in regular seeds.
Really? How long did you keep the mom for? How do you do your test run?

Wildill

Wildill

I've kept mothers a couple of years with no problems. The way I test is to just take clones from the seed plant and flower them out if they make threw flower and I like the pheno it's stays in the stable.As far breeding goes I've also made seeds with fem seeds no problem what it really comes down to is how stable the genetics are that fem seeds come from.

N

NoFr1ends

I've kept mothers a couple of years with no problems. The way I test is to just take clones from the seed plant and flower them out if they make threw flower and I like the pheno it's stays in the stable.As far breeding goes I've also made seeds with fem seeds no problem what it really comes down to is how stable the genetics are that fem seeds come from.

Sounds good.. so my plan is to pop like 2 of the seeds of a strain I want... veg them long enough to take clones, then run them through flower?

How long should I wait to take cuts from the seed? I've read a month or so.

Wildill

Wildill

Yes that's a good plan.. i take cuts as soon as I can normally takes month or so from seed. What strains are you popping?

N

NoFr1ends

Yes that's a good plan.. i take cuts as soon as I can normally takes month or so from seed. What strains are you popping?

Sounds good man thank you for the help. I was thinking of doing a bubba kush and la confidential. maybe just one strain. Lots of strains to choose from tho. Sour Kosher, pineapple chunk, white alien, and DJ gold.

N

NoFr1ends

Maybe going to do the pineapple chunk from Barnie farms and bubba kush from dinafem for the first few runs unless genetics show otherwise

Krypto

Krypto

We crossed our Louis XIII (from fem seed) to a great Strawberry DogShit male (reg) had to plant a ton of crap, but found a few really good ones.
Question: whayr the drawbacks of reversing females (from fem or reg) to pollinate another female??!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Maybe I understood it wrong. Maybe feminized seeds aren't good to breed with but are fine to mom out and take clones from?
exactly.iv been successfully growing fems since I first started and iv had no more trouble wi fems than regs and I'd say iv ran more fems than regs

Krypto

Krypto

Just got a nrw HT mag...days that FEM seeds account for 90% of cannabis beans in Europe.
Lil Saturday morning factoid.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Just got a nrw HT mag...days that FEM seeds account for 90% of cannabis beans in Europe.
Lil Saturday morning factoid.
Hmmm I do find that surprising.i wouldn't have thought the number would be so high as most forum members I encounter usually run regs for the most part.

N

NoFr1ends

Hmmm I do find that surprising.i wouldn't have thought the number would be so high as most forum members I encounter usually run regs for the most part.

Pretty crazy! Wish I would have bought some regular seeds. :/

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

High Times is so full of shit, the whole magazine is designed to sell the products of the advertisers.
There is no journalism at all...
All the ads are for fem seeds, so they say that most people use fems, so you feel stupid if you aren't growing fems.
This is bullshit, no serious growers use fems, unless they are fems they made themselves, absolutely no one uses fems from the big seed companies. Don't believe anything in high times

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ive had a pack of fem seeds and every one I pop herm on me and Ive had the exact opposite, pop em all and not one of them herm. You have to clone it before you flower and then decide weather to keep the clone after you try it.

Top Bottom