Mother plant in soil or hydro?

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

I grew a plant so far for 5 to 6 weeks now, this is a crystal plant strain, iv been reading lastnight in jorges bible, and it says to have a mother plant you need to grow it in hydroponic system, in my own words, a bubble bucket for one plant, so right now i have one plant that i call my mom plant, thats grown in soil right now, so whats the verdict, can i grow mother plants in soil, and be able to cut 8 to 10 clones for my hydrosystem, iv been bending the plant in a LST technique for 1 whole week now, and i topped the plant in two different sites, with the FIM technique, theres nothing done yet, no plants branches are grown yet where i topped it, so right now im clueless and stuck from here, can i get 8 to 10 clones from this mom plant thats grown in soil or do i have to go hydroponic inorder to get 8 to 10 clones...

Mother plant in soil or hydro
Mother plant in soil or hydro 2
organicness

organicness

My thoughts would be that you'd want a mother plant to veg slower so it doesn't get so huge as quick as it would in a hydro situation. Plus, with a mother you want to have a larger window for things to go wrong... meaning that if the power goes out or maybe a nutrient solution is mixed wrong, that hydro plant will show the issues quicker than a soil grown plant. It'd be more forgiving, slower growing, and I think that'd be a good thing for a mother. But... that's just me. Maybe others would have differing opinions?

C

caperfarmer902

yea yea, i know what yuh mean, nd yes that is a good idea i like that, soil is forgiving so 6 weeks in so far why not stretch it alot more right, do you have any idea to how long you can keep a mom plant in soil, i heard its only 2 months?

M

MTM

The fact of the matter is if you dont run hydro everday your valuble mother will be dead in no time bro,dirt is way more forgiveing and its less likely to kill your mom with nutes or lockout or who knows.Ive had moms in dirt for over 3 years

C

caperfarmer902

The fact of the matter is if you dont run hydro everday your valuble mother will be dead in no time bro,dirt is way more forgiveing and its less likely to kill your mom with nutes or lockout or who knows.Ive had moms in dirt for over 3 years

wow, well that answers my question for how long moms can last in soil, im in need of 8 to 10 clones from this plant, right now im not even gunna get 5 off it, so i still got some time to go yet, and the spots where i topped the plant with the FIM, its been 1 week now and still nothing im a little worryed about that.. but for now, ill keep growing this plant i also have 5 other crystal plants thats about 1 and ahafe weeks old, so im going to put them in 10 inch buckets as well and use them as moms but try something different with all 6 plants, just to see what i get best and can clone the best, once i get my technique down, ill be set, but for now, test test testss... thanks for the help !!!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I would say go with coco IMO that's the best thing to use but I'm a coco nut but coco blows soil out of the water as far as root growth and just over all growth but it's up to you a mother will also last longer in coco compared to soil and there's less work to do with coco compared to a bubble bucket coco is just the shit I use it for everything

S

ScarabGlass

I would say go with coco IMO that's the best thing to use but I'm a coco nut but coco blows soil out of the water as far as root growth and just over all growth but it's up to you a mother will also last longer in coco compared to soil and there's less work to do with coco compared to a bubble bucket coco is just the shit I use it for everything

Speculation. I'm sure there are soils that are as good or better than coco. How many mom's have you kept in soil, and how many have you kept in coco? How long for each? Coco is higher maintenance material too. It is nute free, and has to be watered more often than soil. I have to water my tomatoes(growing in coco) way more often than my pot(FFOF).

Top Bottom