Mother Plant Soil Is Drying Fast !!!

• Thread starter Cheef Ghost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheef Ghost

ive got a mother plant I’m watering everyday in a 9 in x 9 in pot with Nectar for the Gods #4 soil . I’m currently feeding with a little less than 1 gal of water and mixing my nectar line in and adjusting the ph to 6.8 and around 1100 PPM ... the plant looks great but the soil is starting to dry out a lot quicker , almost bone dry by the next morning ? The plant is under a 8 bulb T-5 Sun Blaze under 24 hr light period ..... why is my soil drying so swiftly ? Thanks for any help btw

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
ive got a mother plant I’m watering everyday in a 9 in x 9 in pot with Nectar for the Gods #4 soil . I’m currently feeding with a little less than 1 gal of water and mixing my nectar line in and adjusting the ph to 6.8 and around 1100 PPM ... the plant looks great but the soil is starting to dry out a lot quicker , almost bone dry by the next morning ? The plant is under a 8 bulb T-5 Sun Blaze under 24 hr light period ..... why is my soil drying so swiftly ? Thanks for any help btw

Give some dark period. Its normal for a well aerated mix to dry quickly. At nights plant don’t use water so you can manage to save it from drying completely. Or transplant into bigger pots with added ewc. Organic material like compost holds water and helps with watering frequency.

Also that soil seems like well amended coco mix so i wouldn’t feed everyday. Maybe once weekly for mothers.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like it just needs to be potted up.
Are you in the UK or Europe? I assume you must be using the 700 scale on your ppm meter to have feed numbers that high.

Also I agree give it 6 hrs of dark. And, If it were me I'd lower the ph a bit, but if they look ok, dont listen to me.

chemistry

chemistry

24 hours light means plants drink 24 hours a day, plus the heat from your lights would also help to dry your medium. I've found my plants do better with a dark period and I think they need it, other wise they would not have spent millions of years of evolution perfecting this, plus they take in oxygen at night, so they must need this period in their development for some reason, 18/6 is my prefered veg lighting.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Since it is a mom, perhaps you could root prune it, and back into the same pot with fresh soil. I dunno, just spitballing, yuck :)

Top Bottom