Mother plant?

• Thread starter WESTCRAZY1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WESTCRAZY1

A friend of mine is moving away and is going to gift me a few clones of his personal strain that he bred and created, i dont grow and i dont have any plan to start anytime soon but i'll like to keep 2 clones and use it as the mother plant in the future if i decide to start growing. My question is can i keep the 2 clones in a pc grow box? The measurements are 26" H, 8" W, 18" D, 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan, 4 cfl 6500k bulbs. Evenually if i start growing i'll upgrade to a bigger space but for now will i be able to keep the 2 clones in the pc grow box? I want to keep both of them as short as possible and what lighting cycle should they be on? Thanks.

By the way the clone will be rooted already and ready for transplant. I'll be keeping it in a plastic red party cup with fox farm ocean forrest soil.

W

WESTCRAZY1

So after doing some hard thinking, i narrow it down to just 1 clone since im limited in space. Im also planning on just using 2 of the cfl instead of all 4 for heating issues so since i want the plant to grow as slow as possible im taking the other 2 bulbs out. How can i keep this clone healthy and as short as possible? Also what lighting cycle should it be on? Keep in mind i want to grow this clone out and use it as the mother plant in the future but at the time being i wont be taking any clones off of it anytime soon. I just want to keep it alive for when im ready to start my grow. Also i dont have any other place for it but my pc grow case so this is the only thing that is wire and hook up ready to go that i have. I just want to store it in the closet of my room and water it from time to time.

J

johard59

If you are not decided to grow now then it is better to give it to some one. When you want to grow you can get new ones that is mine advice you can go as you as like once think on it.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

How long do you plan on keeping it alive for before you start cloning and growing from it is the main question? You are going to need a bigger space to hold a mother plant. That cutting you are getting is going to out grow a computer case in 3 weeks. I'm not sure what the size of the cfl's you have are (6500k? that would be a 6,500,000 of something; lumens/watts?) but it seems that 2 cfl's isn't going to produce enough to keep a healthy mother plant alive.

I would give it to someone to hold on to until you're ready. Unless the strain is just amazing then quit waiting and grow that girl :)

N

nelson1100

keep it,someone may need a cut or two oneday:evilgrinand it's always fun to have a plant or two around .Just keep them trimmed back and watch out for rootbound.then you can take cuts and practice cloning.... then you can use a clone for a mom plant,that way you can keep it small. You're funny "I don't grow or plan to grow"But you're going to be growing :passingjoint: LOL
Peace,
Nelson

W

WESTCRAZY1

^^^ lol, i meant to say i dont plan on starting a full grow from start-end but i just wanna keep this clone in veg stage and just keep it healthy so that maybe in the future if i start growing i can have a mother plant to take my clones from. Also giving this clone to someone else is not an option right now since this is a very exclusive strain so if i was to give it to someone else i might never get it back. I just wanna know if its possible to keep a small mother plant in a pc case?

I

IronLung D9

if i was you i would scrap the tower and hang a cfl in a closet and just let her chill 24 hrs a day with lights on... open the door a few times a day to for ventilation and you should be fine to keep it alive

dextr0

dextr0

^^^ lol, i meant to say i dont plan on starting a full grow from start-end but i just wanna keep this clone in veg stage and just keep it healthy so that maybe in the future if i start growing i can have a mother plant to take my clones from. Also giving this clone to someone else is not an option right now since this is a very exclusive strain so if i was to give it to someone else i might never get it back. I just wanna know if its possible to keep a small mother plant in a pc case?

make a small bonzai out of it

Thats good advice. If your set on a PC grow do your thing. Learn how to make a bonsai though and see what type of Training suits you and your environment. Also learn about root trimming if your gonna have her in there for awhile. When my plants get root bound all kind of deficiencies start popping up. Not good as one leads to another and so forth. Prevent the problem before it even starts. Bonsai growing will improve your overall growing skills IMO. Have fun.

Ventelation is a must.

Top Bottom