Mother plants made of clones

• Thread starter kumar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kumar

kumar

Hi there,
I would like to ask from someone, who tried it. I have some mother plants, which I have to throw out for some different reason. Can I save the strain by cutting some clones and make a new mother out of it? They supposed to be exactly the same genetics, am I right? If so, theoretically it should be the same thing if I make a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone (...) to make exactly the same mother plant, right? I read completely different opinions in the internet and I'm confused now.
Thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You bet you can. I make new moms out of old moms every few months. No problemo. Only time it's an issue is if the mom is sick, then you could get genetic degredation/mutation. But from an otherwise healthy plant, no problem.

Cracken

Cracken

You bet you can. I make new moms out of old moms every few months. No problemo. Only time it's an issue is if the mom is sick, then you could get genetic degredation/mutation. But from an otherwise healthy plant, no problem.
fully agree, if the plant is healthy then her genetics will be passed on healthy to the clone. when I do that I always take a couple clones just in case of any issues with a single clone, like a dam cat tipping the pot over and then chewing the leaves..... yes that was a sad day, for me and the cat.... she got to see her first snow fall, up close..... lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
fully agree, if the plant is healthy then her genetics will be passed on healthy to the clone. when I do that I always take a couple clones just in case of any issues with a single clone, like a dam cat tipping the pot over and then chewing the leaves..... yes that was a sad day, for me and the cat.... she got to see her first snow fall, up close..... lol

I do the same, 2 of each for insurance. The last time I took clones I did 2 of everything except my prized Violator kush, because I only had one decent cut to take at the time, and it always roots no problem. Guess which one was the only clone in the whole goddamn tray that didnt root lol...

Stupid Murphy and his bloody law...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Been doing it for the last 25 odd years . Regards OD.

Top Bottom