mother room

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

I am planning on having my first mother room. I will be giving the plants mother nutes and all, but was wondering what kind of light I should use. I was planning on just a T5 or a flourscent. How much effect will lighting on the mommies have? I read in the grow bible that the paradise seed co. uses 600 watt MH and HPS in their mother room

Drizzle

Drizzle

im not too sure to be honest. I've just seen this...

but I'm using all Advanced, so i'm in the process of seeing if Advanced has a line of mother nutrient.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Dude, Harley Smith, Research Director at Hydrodynamics International has the most badass muttonchops. . .and not the the hipster Portlandia kind. These are the real deal. I'm trying 'Mother Plant' for that reason alone.

outwest

CHOPS sf

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

A T5 will work great 4 mothers.. Good luck with ur new mother room

D

Devlove

You'll be fine with fluorescents for small moms but make sure to bonsai as it doesn't have much penetration. If you're looking to really have quality moms I would get a 600 at least for turnover rate and nice looking healthy cuts.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'm starting some mothers from seeds as well. Feel free to follow along with me. . .link is in my sig. . .I'm completely new to starting from seed.

outwest

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey bro t-5 s work great to keep your mommas happy. its all in what you want to do really. if you want huge mothers fast? put them under mh. if you want big mommas slow? use t-5s,they work great and no heat to deal with. peace 42o

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm using 4100K T8s. Think I'll have problems?

outwest

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

I've used mother plant it's good BUT its expensive AND i did not see any benefit over just using GH. personally it's all preference but i like to optimize my space and efficient with my money. because of this i use my veg nutrients which i buy in bulk and i keep moms in my veg room so just one space for everything their on the same light schedule so i don't see a reason to have two isolated rooms. had i seen a benefit from mother plant nutrients i would have continued using it. maybe cuts popped quicker i honestly don't remember but i don't have much issue with cloning anyways. as for mothers you need to provide much more information.

first question is what is your clone demand? if you need 100 cuts a week your lighting and plant structure will be a lot different then needing 20 every 3 months. second how much big is this mother room? the space the light needs to cover and the volume and speed in which you need cuts will determine the best light for you.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
first question is what is your clone demand? if you need 100 cuts a week your lighting and plant structure will be a lot different then needing 20 every 3 months. second how much big is this mother room? the space the light needs to cover and the volume and speed in which you need cuts will determine the best light for you.

1) Clone demand is VERY low. I simply want to be my own source of clones. It's become to problematic relying on others.

2) 4x6

Ideally I'd like to have a nice mother garden to draw from and share. I'd like to keep them small so I can keep a wider variety on hand.

outwest

Drizzle

Drizzle

So it would be a lot easier for me to keep my mother plants in my veg room. would that be fine? and when they get to big just clip the tops down? can I just use clones from the cola of the plant?

Drizzle

Drizzle

for some reason i thought they should get 24 hr light like a dome would

sky high

sky high

Why not just clone from your vegging plants...perpertually...rather than keeping moms??

IMO....if you don't need alot of cuts to set out all at once in a SOG/etc. and you have a small operation...you really don't need to keep moms and (again, IMO) it is a waste of space you could use for more veg/bloom.

good luck however ya roll tho

s h

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I know t5s will work but a metal halide kicks ass,i really dont see any energy savings with t5s,maybe less heat output but if your room is cooled no problem.

Drizzle

Drizzle

my partner thinks 18/6 light for mothers is questionable. He always kept moms in 24 light. hmmm

Latest posts

Top Bottom