Motherplant with powdery milde!

• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CanadianClassic

Got two mother plants i had a friend looking after and well lets just say ne neglected them so they had a buncha powdery mildew on them so i chopped it all off leaving like 30% of the leaves,I think its good and bad lol it wil lgrow back real bushy but will be slow anyways im wondering what products can get rid of the PM for good or if i should just kill them both and start over(Would rather not kill them):doh

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I don't think you have to kill them. I use neem oil, a little dish soap and water to spray all over the plant once a week. It works for me!

I

ibTheMan

sounds like your mix n your fert wrong, a friend was mixn GH 3 part, micro and bloom together w/o water which u cant do, it causes salts leachn. told him micro in water and shuck up before add n the others, went away in ah couple days.

P

paulycali

Neem Oil, Serenade Spray, Green Cure. They say if you add beneficial bacteria to you plants soil or water and keep an overall very healthy plant, the plants immune system should be able to fight off the powdery mildew. Keep it healthy or spray every week or just grow plants that are resistant to powdery mildew. Good luck! You also might be better spraying her once or twice and then making a new mother out of one of the cutting left on the mother plant. Good luck and always have a happy growing of a day

M

mdTHC420

neem neem neem. heavy neem with blue dawn dishsoap then put almost directly infront of a fan for air flow. can do it every 3-5 days until its gone but it wont work unless you correct the airflow issues.

get a nice sheen of neem

C

CanadianClassic

Ok ill try neem i was also looking a product called "Endophine" i think thats how you spell it It does a root drench and is supposed to kill off PM for good i believe i might try a combo of both and then just take a few healthy cuttings from them and restart them over it is OG Kush i got 40 right now at the end of week 7 and even with good heat humidity air flow and exhaust ive still had a buncha issues with PM It almost seems like the strains messed had problems with the clones since day 1 The bud on the 40 looks amazing but if im always gonna be dealing with PM issues id rather just scrap it all together and start over from seed,everytime i grow from seed in the same room i never have had a spec of PM before! Thanx for the info!:icon_spin:

C

CanadianClassic

Thanks for the info Can you name some potent strains that are powdery mildew resistant? This strain is OG Kush and other strains i have grown in my room (White Widow,Ice,White Ice,Hash plant,WHite Castle,Godbud) never had any PM so i think its these clones its like they are diseased its a great strain i dont wanna lose totally but dont want constant PM headaches!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I hate to recommend a deadly poison, but Eagle20 will systemically remove the PM from your plants. If I had to use it, I'd treat the mother, take clones, and start over. Mr.Sputnik also found an organic option that supposedly works- I'll be back to post a link if I can find it.
The GreenCure, neem, and other products are only for control of the PM; they will not cure your plants of the disease. I prefer them, however, because they are not deadly to patients.

B

Buddy Flowers

PM is systemic and will forever live in the plant unless, like AF says above, you kill it systemically.

joeca1i

joeca1i

I'd dump that shit in the trash.I grew out a private reserve og this past summer,it got pm,I was gonna killit,but I hit it, with a few mildew resistant strains.Hopefully I get a solid mildew proof hybrid off the crosses.If you don't got a strong male to pollinate it,then I just trashit.The mildew will come back,and you won't be able to do anything during flower.A sulfur burner can be used,but it'll fuckup the flavor.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sent a PM to Sputnik; he'll get back to me or just post it here in the thread. I also noticed that I since I went totally organic and dumped loads of Great White in the soil mix; my plants are all around more resistant to disease and pests. I haven't seen PM in a long time (knock on wood). I actually tried a foliar with GW that seemed to help the LUI I was running- it had bad PM, but never after the GW foliar. Anyone else have any experience with this?

E

ent

you should do what the others are telling you. decide if you wanna go systematic or not and whether or not you want to stay all organic or not. then what i suggest is that you give it a nice shot of N on it's next watering. hopefully you'll get nice new growth fairly quickly. snap a clone or two of the new growth taking it as tiny as you can, insuring you're getting the newest growth possible. trash the moms. root those clones. and cross your fingers.

M

mdTHC420

if its not to bad the neem will get rid of it. it is important that you keep up on the neem after ever week or so to keep the waxy neemy sheen that builds up on the leafs and protects them. if not, pm is a bitch and like others said easier and more reliable to start anew than hope you got it.

cant say enough how much i love neem tho. its great

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Neem will make your buds harsh and taste like shit if you use it the last month of flowering. Unfortunately, it doesn't prevent PM for more than a couple weeks, as new growth is unprotected. That means it'll manifest right in your buds.
GreenCure is much better, and can be rinsed off with a couple H2O2 foliar sprays- the last two days before chop.
The idea for controlling PM is to change the surface of the leaf (or other plant material) to 7. The PM remains within the plant, but cannot form the fuzzy/dusty white stuff on the plants that turns your buds to shit/poison. Neem, Greencure, Baking soda, dish soap, organicide, etc, all do basically the same thing. H2O2 oxydizes the PM- killing the white stuff, but not the disease within the plant.
Eagle20 is a nasty chemical poison, but it'll kill the PM within the plant.
It is possible to run strains that carry the disease and never see it, and never send a patient away with contaminated medicine (that could send a spore-sensitive person to the hospital). However, if you're not willing to be dedicated to vigilance, start over or get out of the game, eh? :) Not being a dick; just ridiculously pissed at all the moldy meds out there given to unsuspecting patients.
Good luck; hope that helps.

M

mdTHC420

Neem will make your buds harsh and taste like shit if you use it the last month of flowering. Unfortunately, it doesn't prevent PM for more than a couple weeks, as new growth is unprotected. That means it'll manifest right in your buds.
Good luck; hope that helps.

you are right spraying just about anything on the buds after about 3 weeks in will IMO have adverse effects, so after 3-4 weeks, no sprays of anything, neem, foliar, or even water.

by spraying shit on there the buds will retain at least some taste even if you cant, its there. also spraying shit on there is just asking for bud rot later in flower.

like i was saying, or thought i was, in veg, neem teamed with fantastic air flow/circulation will take it out, its just important not to take away the fans cus you dont see it anymore. also in flower the RH should be lower making it more difficult for PM to propagate.

low RH with high airflow and taking off huge fan leafs to help with it all will do wonders.

The Joker

The Joker

Once you rid yourself of it, put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle ( wear proper respirator) and spray everything in your grow: Lights,shelves, walls, floors, chains...every single thing. Spray your fans and fan blades, they've been spreading that shit around. You need to sterilize. Clean the floor with bleach.

I've had it and gotten rid of it in the flower room. Never had it on the mothers thank goodness.

C

CanadianClassic

anyone heard of a product they sell here in Canada called Endofine it's a root drench that i think eliminates PM in the Veg stage and isn't a nasty chemical www.mygreenplanet.com has it but they only show the Foilar one they have a root drench also just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that product?I will probably just try for a few good cutting and scrap the mothers once they get healthier,Everytime ive grown from seed i have 0 problems unless its a mistake i made im just done its nice to get clones and save time but after all the headaches ive had its only cost me time and money So back to seeds!

C

CanadianClassic

ya i was thinking about totally cleaning the room when these come down,I was gonna bleach everything but id rather do what you said with the Hydrogen!

M

moodster

ive tried the endofine only works for 14 days then it comes back

Top Bottom