mothers 24/7?

• Thread starter harpdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harpdog

due to lack of seperation space, i want to put my florencets in the same room with my mothers but I want to run my clones 24/7 and was wondering if my mothers can handle a 24/7 light scenario. the mothers are with metal halide .
if 24/7 is not a good idea would a different ratio of light work so that i can do clones and mothers ins same rooom?

archaicatoms

archaicatoms

The mothers can handle it. But the bulbs seem to burn out quicker than normal IMHO(from what I understand the bulbs need some rest time). Try 18/6 for both daily.:sun2:

P

Pistil Pete

My moms, veg, and clones are all in the same spot under 24 hrs of light with no problems.

M

Michael_Eaton

Same here... All my moms and clones are on 24/7... never missed a beat

F

forehead

they will grow bushier than usual and with shorter internodes..but do fine..some strains keep better,longer with 24 hr light IME.

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
I also have my clones and mothers under 24 hour light, no problems here yet, I seperated my rooting clones from the rest of my moms and clones by building a shelf.(its in a closet.)

L

l33t

Moms should be fine but always check if the lamps you use can work 24/7 without any probs , some lamps require some rest time.

archaicatoms

archaicatoms

Read the bulb boxes. Most MH need a 15 min rest period a week min. Also, look into what plants use their dark cycle for...

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
24/7 here as well. Understand the benefits of a dark cycle and bulbs are cheap in the 400 range but I want short dense bushes so 24/7 it is.

jj

B

bdawgburner

i run my moms and clones 24/7 but they are on a 600 hps with mh conversion bulb and the last 2 bulbs each burnt out in about 10 months.

M

madona1

due to lack of seperation space, i want to put my florencets in the same room with my mothers but I want to run my clones 24/7 and was wondering if my mothers can handle a 24/7 light scenario. the mothers are with metal halide .
if 24/7 is not a good idea would a different ratio of light work so that i can do clones and mothers ins same rooom?

of course they can handle it... why wouldnt they? the more light the better. dont recommend it though as you will be raising your electricity bill. just give your mothers (and clones) at least 16 hours of light a day so they dont go into flower. and no, clones dont need 24 hours of light.. imho

M

mountaindank

In my experience, plants in all stages of life benefit from a dark period. But, I've also grown under 24/0 before and they turned out fine. What happens to them in veg isn't of the utmost importance, as long as conditions during the flowering period are good.

S

Sirius

seems to me a lot of people run 24 hrs of light out of sheer laziness... i agree with mountain... all plants benefit from a dark period... period...

C

chillyb

I agree with the last few posts. Mama and babies doing great on 18/6

R

Rolln J

even if you have your clones on 24 and your mh goes off what little fluorescent light that hits your moms will not hurt them - its not like your interrupting a flowering cycle which could cause them to hermy...

S

surfguy1936

ya 18/6 and i just started my moms on mother plant, and WOW they just love this stuff as long as you use both parts properly

Top Bottom