Mothers and Male Pollen

• Thread starter Gray Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

What happens to a mature female in veg that is exposed to male pollen? Is there any way to tell for sure that she has been pollinated? What would happen to any clones that were taken from her?

S

ShorelineTex

I would think that it depends on how well you are able clean the pollen off of the mom/clones. Since it's in veg, none of the female sex organs are available to pollinate, right? So as long as there's no pollen around to pollinate them when they *do* appear, then I wouldn't think there would be problems.

Now, as for how difficult it is to clean pollen off of a mom or clones, I have absolutely no idea :)

I wonder if there's something that sterilizes pollen without harming mature plants? (Think spermicide for plants...that'd be awesome).

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

What happens to a mature female in veg that is exposed to male pollen? Is there any way to tell for sure that she has been pollinated? What would happen to any clones that were taken from her?

hello and this is a great question..First if it is an auto and has started flower then it will pollenate her..If it isnt an auto then nothing will happen unless you place her in flower and not do anything ..the pollen can be viable for a while..you can mist and this will make the pollen unviable..take all the clones from her ya want...I wanna know why ya have a dropping maleany where around the grows? hope thiss helps ..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Non auto strain. Bit of a long story but I'll keep it short. I was having hermy problems (light leaks) when I first started this venture. Got advice from the farm and cleared it up. Misted and sprayed the walls and floors and got back after it. A few months later decided to remodel the room while I had a crop going and I got seeds in that crop. All I can figure is that pollen was on top of the ducting and wiring when I pulled it down. Veg and bud are separate but share airflow. Hence my question. Thanks for your response. It helps.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

oh yes..bummer my friend..unfortunatly(sp) lesson learned..you did right by misting and wipeing things down..to bad about the shared duct work..have ya cleaned this as well? And destroy all beans from hermies as you know they only produce hermies...happy farming

C

chuck uuuuu

I wonder if that could be just one of MANY reasons 4 me to Justify having 2 separate grow room?

:character0027:

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

I just pulled the last of the seeded crop a few days ago and will be going through the cleaning process. My rooms are set up so that I enter the veg. and access the bud from there. The airflow originates in the veg. and moves out through the bud room but with my moving through the two rooms on a daily basis I am pretty sure my moms got a whiff or two of pollen, @$&*!#. I think I will make hash from the seeded girls.

convex

convex

Hell a lot of us grew up with seeded pot.

Picking out the twigs and seeds was a ritual, hehe there was even a song written about it LOL.

BUT, that seeded pot was still some of the strongest I have smoked in 30 some years.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro I have my veg room venting into my flower room
wthout any prblms aslong as thr are no males drop'n pollen in da veg room that is. Now sometimes mother plants will put out a single hair here and thr whch you can pollenate if ya want ta. I've done this b4 and the seeds turn out great, nice and fat dark wth stripes. Only thing is ya cnt take snips from the pollenated branches until the seeds are harvested. But I dnt thnk that's wat yer after lol just thot I'd chime in that if the pollen comes from a normal male then the seeds will be fine so if it hpns why not use them. Peace

C

chuck uuuuu

hello and this is a great question..First if it is an auto and has started flower then it will pollenate her..If it isnt an auto then nothing will happen unless you place her in flower and not do anything ..the pollen can be viable for a while..you can mist and this will make the pollen unviable..take all the clones from her ya want...I wanna know why ya have a dropping maleany where around the grows? hope thiss helps ..take care and be safe

Thank You I can truly say you helped me tremendously!
Thank You, AGAIN!

Grow 010
Gray Beard

Gray Beard

"No stems, no seeds that you don't need........." You mean that song. We all had our own technique for cleaning our smoke - that is what double album covers were for! Fond memories but I would really like to keep them in my past.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you can pollinate female preflowers in veg and seeds will mature under 24 hours of light.

i would not worry about the clones as it takes 7-14 days for clones to root and all stray pollen should be dead by then. you may end up with a few seeds from the preflowers. to tell if it is pollinated the pistils will go from longer white pistils to a shorter shriveled redish/brown withing 1-3 days. in about 7-10 days you will start to see seeds forming. after about 30-40 days they will be ready.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

That's the one. Same album as "Dave, Dave's not here" wasn't it?
I always thought it was "Badass Weed" but I was never very good with lyrics.

Top Bottom