Mothers Mix Freebies

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I have a pack of Mothers Mix that I got with PurpleBerry BX back about a year and a half ago. I know they're supposed to be clone only strains (ECSD, Pre-98 Bubba, Hogsbreath and Lemon Skunk); my question being, are they S1s from each clone type or are they the result of open pollination between all the clone types? That would mean only some are possibly S1 while the others would be hybrid. I know there was a secondary Mothers Mix consisting of an open pollination but this was the first run from the first PBBX drop. Reading through old thread I see there was a "Special" pack with all seeds being Tennessee Hogsbreath which I did not receive but it makes me think these are all S1. Anyone know?

M

Moz

The first Mother's Mix was

Possible Mothers: Hogsbreath Clone, Pre '98 Bubba Kush Clone, Lemon Skunk Clone, or ECSD Clone
Possible Fathers: Sour Diesel IBL, Sour Double Kush, Pre '98 Bubba Kush BX

btw cool avatar, ideal was a good show

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

"Alright, Moz..."
Ideal is great!
So what you're saying is these are open pollination and not S1.. DId you read a thread that listed the males involved? I looked around but I didn't see anything that references that.. thanks for the input.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Yep.. Moz Knows..

All F1 hybrids... The good news is, People ae finding Super nice keepers in those Exact FREEBIES... Look up Beerad// The Duns..they have posted pics of what they found... Ive literally had PM's from members saying they will buy a pack of CVS gear, just to get those freebies.. lol..

Pretty crazy, but it should give you an idea of the quality.. The 98 Bubba phenos... and what seems to be Lemon Skunk x Sour Double Kush BX freebies have been amazing...

Keep is posted if or when you germ those seeds..... but please, make no mistake... Those seeds are NOT S1 FEM beans... All F1's...

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
About CannaVenture and S1 fem seeds.. I struggle a lot with this subject.. While I have NOTHING against Fem beans... I do understand the how they are helpful for certain situations, plant count being one of them..

I have been talking about Releasing a few S1 lines, and Have made some, including ECRD S1's... I have NOT released any of them to the retail market... and don't know if I should or not....

Here are a few reasons I struggle with...

IMO, The Very last thing I ever want to hear from The Community...

1) "Germ Rates Suck"...
2) " I got nanners coming out my ears" .. lol..Not that S1 seeds are hermi bullshit, not at all.. I just think, noob growers, or growers with unstable rooms, has an even greater chance of reversing..
3) Is it considered "Selling Out" when dropping S1 gear.. It really takes all the work out of the process, obviously, you still need to select the right female, but, we all know what a keeper female looks like... I DO have a "LifeTime" supply of lab grade STS chemicals...part A and part B... So thats not an issue at all...

If or when I make S1 seeds, Those WILL need to be sent out and tested by muliple people, in different environments, beforee Id be comfortable listing for retail...

We will see... 2013 is going to be a Great year for CVS, and The Community as a whole... Cant wait to show you guys what Ive been working on....

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Thanks for the responses Moz and CV. I started all Mothers Mix seeds I got and all sprouted. I'll post some pics when I get a chance but they are looking nice already, they all look so different.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Ok so I started 6 got 4 males 1 of which I culled early without taking pollen. I have 2 females which I cloned and both are almost to term in flowering, maybe another week or two. Of the males I have one huge bush and two smaller little guys. I basically collected the pollen from all three and mixed them. I plan on pollinating some clones I made from the sister females. One female is large and looking delicious. I'll try to post some pics soon.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

These are about 3 and 2 weeks ago, respectively:wacky:
MMlarge

MM1

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Here's a Mommy Mix update on both fems I ended up with which are very different MM#2 smells like Tenn HogsBreath and Sour Diesel crossed if you can imagine a kind of sweet/sour trashy skunky smell, almost like skunks ran through rotting gardenias
MM#2
MM2

MM2 close2
MM2close
MM2close3

Mothers Mix #3 is a little more Sour Diesel than anything but I there is a lemon undertone. I guess the taste and dry smell will define it a little more. It is also shorter with less branch and width. I caught her praying..

MM3
MM3close
MM3close2

Top Bottom