Mothers treatment after taking clones

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

Well, i'm finally about to go and take a bunch of clones from my mother...I don't expect there to be a whole lot of her left when i'm done and i was wondering what people do to theirs after doing such a thing...I was thinking for example aside from transplanting her into new soil maybe i should cut off some of the roots?

S

sk2004

Just give her a spanking. Just kidding. Usually i slow down on nutes before taking cuts, so after give a good feeding and its kinda amazing how quickly she's ready to give more. Seems cutting roots would be even more stress, so would avoid for a while

H

him

just wanted to say thanks for the advice, i got 45 clones off her, then gave her a nice feeding and now she's back with avengence.. :D

B

BlueWater

i run a bunch of moms and i like to keep them even height-wise. so after taking cuttings i'll do a little more pruning to try to keep em the same height while also thinking about how i want the plant to continue to grow, ie producing more cuttings and keeping the plant shape/height manageable. i also do some cleanup on the interiors that will generally never be used for clone material. so much focus gets put on the flowering rooms--but i really feel to be successful and efficient you need to manage your mothers/clones with just as much care. definitely one of the things i see that keeps people from maximizing their potential.

S

Seed Buyer

Leave the roots alone. A foliar feeding of an quality sea kelp based product will help her get back on track.

Top Bottom