Mottled/flecked leaves?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

I have a problem in my seedling room that I've never seen before - flecks of lighter coloured green on the leaves. After quite a few years of growing a certain strain, I'm finally letting that strain go and am introducing a new strain.

I planted the seeds for the new strains 11 days ago. The temp for the seedlings is 25 degrees, humidity at 70 percent. There's also some slight twisting of the leaves of a few of these seedlings.

I just can't put my finger on why I'm getting these flecks - the only thing I can think of is that I use high light intensities - The seedlings are under a 600W halide at 20" (lowered from 24" at the start). The old strain has always been fine at these intensities, but maybe it's a factor for this new variety?

Here's some pics - I'd be so grateful if anyone can help.

Mottledflecked leaves
Mottledflecked leaves 2
Mottledflecked leaves 3
Mottledflecked leaves 4
Mottledflecked leaves 5
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They are pretty small to make any type of guess... how old are they? They look sort of stalled. What medium, light type, nd anything that you added to them? Please tell me you didn't start feeding these yet! I use a 1000w halide and keep the light about 3 ft above the seedlings until they get a little bigger. Obviously you have some experience with growing if you have done this a few times before. Some strains have difficulty if planted in a hot soil... Fox Farms can sometimes cause problems with some until they outgrow it... if they outgrow it. Some strains take a while to get going and perk up.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did you have mites before on your other plants? If you check and can't find bugs, then info on medium and pH is needed

Andy

Andy

They are pretty small to make any type of guess... how old are they? They look sort of stalled. What medium, light type, nd anything that you added to them? Please tell me you didn't start feeding these yet! I use a 1000w halide and keep the light about 3 ft above the seedlings until they get a little bigger. Obviously you have some experience with growing if you have done this a few times before. Some strains have difficulty if planted in a hot soil... Fox Farms can sometimes cause problems with some until they outgrow it... if they outgrow it. Some strains take a while to get going and perk up.
Thanks for the reply - they've just had water so far - in Biobizz light mix soil. Sounds like I'm using a similar amount of light to you. I'm not sure if the soil is overly warm or not - the pots are on an insulated surface, but the room temp is only 25 so would think it would be OK?
Did you have mites before on your other plants? If you check and can't find bugs, then info on medium and pH is needed
Definitely no mites anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom