Mould/BUD ROT but no signs! Please Help!

• Thread starter SanticaGardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Hey guys so I'm currently drying my Budz, and I noticed abit of mould/rot on one of my main colas, removed it straight away and separated the remaining Budz, the next day now I have been thoroughly checking the buds, no signs of mould or rot but the smell is still there.... Like there's something lingering. Temps and Humidity under control...... Shall I throw them away or keep em going?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
How do they look a pic could help us . Od .

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

How do they look a pic could help us . Od .
Yeah sorry about that. Lol. Video coming now. But like I said it was literally a tine piece of bud that had gotten infected and I got rid of her right away. Everyone else looks fine but smells........ Different/OFF. I know your Budz will lose its smell when drying anyways but.... I don't know maybe I'm being abit too paranoid.

If you need more close ups let me know!

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

1st time grower, this is my 3rd Harvest, and from my experience so far, drying seems to be the most difficult issue for me. I have all the necessary equipment needed for the perfect environment but still having trouble, I'm normally getting a 8-10 dry time on previous harvest but with this one I was really aiming for a 12-14 day slow dry time but it comes with its issues.... Such as Mould.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That’s a normal smell the wet hay type if that’s what you getting at , I would run a fan not direct at the buds but across them at the bottom to keep your air circulation happing better . Od looking fire my man . Good luck with the drying n curing .I normally take 14 to 28 days drying then to cure .

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

If its bud rot you should be able to see it if it's present by removing a bud, the mould should be behind it if it's mould. If its a problem during drying, then trim more leaf off closer to the bud, and dump the fan leaves. This will remove a lot of moisture from your hung branches instantly. Buds look fine to me, think your being hard on your self.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

That’s a normal smell the wet hay type if that’s what you getting at , I would run a fan not direct at the buds but across them at the bottom to keep your air circulation happing better . Od looking fire my man . Good luck with the drying n curing .I normally take 14 to 28 days drying then to cure .
Thanks ma man, see spoken from experience, I have the patience, I would love to go for a 14-20 day dry time, it will just guarantee me a better smoke in the end. But I have realised at times that I have been trying to perfect things abit too much which is causing problems on myself. So I'm gonna try to relax and just take it easy.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

If its bud rot you should be able to see it if it's present by removing a bud, the mould should be behind it if it's mould. If its a problem during drying, then trim more leaf off closer to the bud, and dump the fan leaves. This will remove a lot of moisture from your hung branches instantly. Buds look fine to me, think your being hard on your self.
Yeah I have been thinking the same thing, I just been so concerned about getting a slow dry time and trying to have the perfect environment that I have been causing other issues to arise. But I'm gonna try and calm down now and just take it easy. Thanks man

chemistry

chemistry

Yeah I have been thinking the same thing, I just been so concerned about getting a slow dry time and trying to have the perfect environment that I have been causing other issues to arise. But I'm gonna try and calm down now and just take it easy. Thanks man

I don't do the long dry, like mine dried as fast as possible, curing is where it's at. 😉

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Was the mold already present while the buds were on the plant growing?
Nah, while growing everything was perfect, just in drying, kinda my fault for cramming them into the Closet like that but I only did it because the 1st Blueberry I harvested first was drying great in there so I decided to add the rest of the guys in, if any issues I have exhaust fan, dehumidifier... I'm all equipped..... Till I noticed on one of the big stems a small piece of bud in the middle of the stem with abit of mould/rot. So immediately I took of the rotting bud and anything surrounding it, and just separated them from each other and spaced them out for better ventilation, also got my dehumidifier running just to maintain perfect humidity.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Nah, while growing everything was perfect, just in drying, kinda my fault for cramming them into the Closet like that but I only did it because the 1st Blueberry I harvested first was drying great in there so I decided to add the rest of the guys in, if any issues I have exhaust fan, dehumidifier... I'm all equipped..... Till I noticed on one of the big stems a small piece of bud in the middle of the stem with abit of mould/rot. So immediately I took of the rotting bud and anything surrounding it, and just separated them from each other and spaced them out for better ventilation, also got my dehumidifier running just to maintain perfect humidity.
how about air circulation fan?

Madmax

Madmax

Im like chemistry.i trim all leaf up and manercure the bud on the branch.ive never used fans .they can dry outside of the bud too quickly depending on your enviroment conditions..you want 16-20deg 50-60% humidity.....those buds look fire dude..

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Yeah the 1st time I harvested I used fans, not blowing directly on the buds just underneath and yeah dried my buds too quickly. 3rd Harvest ever just trying out different ways to see which gives me the best results and suits me better. But yh should take the fan leaves off.

Madmax

Madmax

Soon as i cut them down i do it straight away..it makes it easier to trim i think.always done it this way since birth lol...

HHHcleanroom

HHHcleanroom

Air movement can be very critical. You need air movement without stressing the plant in a hurricane. This is the fan that works. For green houses or other spaces. It also prevents stratification of contaminants, heat, and humidity.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Im like chemistry.i trim all leaf up and manercure the bud on the branch.ive never used fans .they can dry outside of the bud too quickly depending on your enviroment conditions..you want 16-20deg 50-60% humidity.....those buds look fire dude..
you don't run the fans on the buds. but in the room just to circulate the air.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Yeah i know brother 👍 but like i said depending on your enviroment they can dry them a little too quick..ive never used a fan or hygrometer in over 30 yrs .that just tells ya my enviroment i dry in is pretty good..
Yeah my mistake was cramming all the buds in that one Closet, I did space them out but just not enough and I left all the leaves on. Like I said I'm a beginner, I had 3 tents going so this is my 3rd Harvest, my 1st harvest I used fans & exhaust fan...... Budz dried in 3 days.... Completely crisps 🤣 imagine my pain. 2nd harvest made it between 8 - 11 days, some plants 8 days others 11 days. So based on what I did previously this time I decided to try out the Closet. Worked well for the 1st strain which was ready first and she dried perfectly so I decided to stick everyone else in........yeah bad idea. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom