Moved Plants into Flower Area - Droopy curling leaves. Thoughts?

• Thread starter MT_Smoke420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Unknown
Unknown 1

Good Morning Farm -

I just moved my plants from veg (Under a fluorescent T5) to flowering room(Under Gavita 1000w de). I haven't flipped to 12/12 yet because of how they're looking right now.

I currently have the lights set at 100%, ppfd of canopy is 850, RH is a little low (around 30) and temp around 80F.

Just switched over to athena Pro line for the last two waterings (they've been in the room for 6 days now). Also using a soil mix of pro-mix and fox farm.

Any thoughts on what could be going on, I let them get bone dry before they're last feeding.

Thanks in advance
-MT

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Can you take a pic of the whole plant? It looks like the growing points are showing the symptoms. Is that the case?

Offhand, I would guess your pH is off, but that's a shot in the dark with minimal information.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Can you take a pic of the whole plant? It looks like the growing points are showing the symptoms. Is that the case?

Offhand, I would guess your pH is off, but that's a shot in the dark with minimal information.
Unknown 2

I haven't checked the runoff the last two feedings but prior to was around 6.0 and have been getting fed at ph 6.0

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

way to much light, but most likely several things going on
Until yesterday i had them at 50% and was thinking the lighting could be an issue, then got the PAR meter and reading around 900 at top of canopy now. Still thinking bring the lights down??

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Until yesterday i had them at 50% and was thinking the lighting could be an issue, then got the PAR meter and reading around 900 at top of canopy now. Still thinking bring the lights down??
Definity, the lights might not be causing the problem but they are making it worse. 900ppfd is near the top in flower, with out co2. Do a slurry test of the soil, if its dry enough

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Definity, the lights might not be causing the problem but they are making it worse. 900ppfd is near the top in flower, with out co2. Do a slurry test of the soil, if its dry enough
Okay thanks for the advice. I have co2 running right now at 1200 ppm.

Also, only fed the athena pro line once under the T5 before moving (was using bio bizz mixed with a handful of other misc nutrients.) The two plants i kept back still under the T5 are doing great with the pro line though.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Okay thanks for the advice. I have co2 running right now at 1200 ppm.

Also, only fed the athena pro line once under the T5 before moving (was using bio bizz mixed with a handful of other misc nutrients.) The two plants i kept back still under the T5 are doing great with the pro line though.
And will slurry when I am back and keep you guys posted with what i find.

Thanks everyone for the input.

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Sorry for so many responses, but I'm starting to read about VPD and thinking that is my issue.

Put in a new hygrometer and reading 20% humidity and with temps at 80 i think I'm absolutely cooking these plants. Going to work on adding a humidifier and hopefully that at least starts to correct my issues.

Will continue to update on progress, slurry test, etc.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You seem to have a good idea here. The change of light was responsible, probably for any burning and for VPD issues. I can't really tell anything from the pics themselves.

steamroller

steamroller

I would have matched intensity when switching lights [ something I do ] and then worked them up so the plant can adjust. Maybe a week or a little more to highest level .
VPD may be one of the issues for sure but cranking the light all at once is also .
Just check what the ppfd is under the T5 and you'll see.

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
Sorry for so many responses, but I'm starting to read about VPD and thinking that is my issue.

Put in a new hygrometer and reading 20% humidity and with temps at 80 i think I'm absolutely cooking these plants. Going to work on adding a humidifier and hopefully that at least starts to correct my issues.

Will continue to update on progress, slurry test, etc.

RH at 20% with 80F is absolutely stressing the hell out of your plants. I wrote a whole guide on VPD here check it out: https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

I would have matched intensity when switching lights [ something I do ] and then worked them up so the plant can adjust. Maybe a week or a little more to highest level .
VPD may be one of the issues for sure but cranking the light all at once is also .
Just check what the ppfd is under the T5 and you'll see.
Awesome, good advice.. i appreciate it!

Top Bottom