Moved to Non-Legal State -- Need to Grow

• Thread starter mike062759
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mike062759

Hi -

I have been living in California for the past few years. I really enjoyed being able to go into my local dispensary and sample the veggies of other growers. Well I currently live in Miami and the facists running this state have not yet legalized cannabis. I am a bit too old to make the necessary contacts to procure local finished product and plan to try my hand (or green thunmb ... as it may or may not be) at growing my own. I have limited resources and have found a stealth hydroponic growing cabinet with the following attributes:

100% light tight, silent drip hydroponics system
exterior size of 24" H x 12" W x 9" D
interior size of 22" H x 10.5" W x 7.5" D
One CFL / 1500 LUMEN /14 WATT
This fixture can also support up to 150w bulb. This does not seem like much luminosity to me … but then I have no idea what I am talking about.
• 4.75-inch x 4.75-inch (120 mm) Case Cooling Fan
• General Features:
• Black color
• 120 x 120 x 25 mm
• Brushless motor fan
• DC 12V, 0.20a
• Quiet, low noise, and long life

reflective material covers all sides with 1/2" insulated silver poly reflective material for your plants to receive all the light necessary to produce!
The material is a 1/2" thick to control the temperature inside the cabinet keeping it in the high 70's low 80's giving your plant the very much needed growing temperature to produce their max!
A powerful Quiet reliable 100g/hr ECO PLUS submersible pump.
PUMP SPECS:
:Driven by a high powered magnetic rotor
:Fully submersible
:Oil free motor
:One moving part allows trouble-free operation
:Filter protects impeller
:Quiet running
:One year warranty!
This has a 2 gallon reservoir with 3"potting cups
Carbon filter option for $55.00 more
This will scrub 28 cubic feet per minute and has around a pound of fresh active American carbon packed in it filter cage.
Do I need the carbon filter??? If the cabinet is kept in a closet will the odor be pervasive?

I can buy the entire unit for $200 ... I guess what I am hoping to recieve is feedback regarding the value, what I should expect in terms of results and recommended enhancement.

I really thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Mike

drunknbass

drunknbass

Those pots look too small.
The 1 cfl will maybe sprout a seed for you but other than that it's worthless.
Anything inside your own house is stealth if it's a few plants and you don't tell everyone and their mothers.

I'd suggest 2 waterfarms, 2 diff closets, one 2 ft 2 bulb HO T5 or 1/2 300w 6500k cfls in one closet and a small hps in the other.

Looking at maybe 350-450 off eBay for everything you'll needs+ nutes.

convex

convex

www.UBIOGROW.com Check them out. All the enzymes and nutrients your baby girls need all the way up to harvest, you cannot burn your plants with it cause it is all natural and organic. Plus you can use it all the way through to harvest without flushing the plant. :)

You must work for them ... 4 outta your 8 posts have been pimping this.

Ill have eggs with my SPAM. :anim_52:

M

mike062759

Thanks Drunkenbass! But I am a total neophyte when it come to growing. I "get" some of what your saying ... but not much of it. I will keep trying though! Thanks.

Cort

Cort

Like my mother's little one plant grow she has going, I just gotta ask.... Nice hobby, but what are you going to smoke?

There is no way that tiny space will produce 2-3 months worth of smoke.

Check out some of the DIY grow cabinets here or some of the stealth closet grows. Some real ingenious ideas with detailed plans can be had here.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Like my mother's little one plant grow she has going, I just gotta ask.... Nice hobby, but what are you going to smoke?

There is no way that tiny space will produce 2-3 months worth of smoke.

Check out some of the DIY grow cabinets here or some of the stealth closet grows. Some real ingenious ideas with detailed plans can be had here.

Yes, I second this motion. Time for you to get down and dirty with some serious indoor horticultural reading. You'll need to know lighting- and light timing, nutrients, fertilizing, temperature/humidity/CO2, and some way to propagate your girls, I don't recommend buying seeds all the time simply because you never know which are males!

The basics; you want a 'perpetual grow', meaning at least two spaces, one for veg. growth and the other for flowering. each has its own requirements.

You want to decide- first- whether you want to grow in soil or hydro. Each has its points.

Is your planned approach to be low effort, hands-on, or obsessive/compulsive? This will also inform your decisionmaking process.

Unless you just wanna wave a few nugs around at the end of all this, it will take some room and an investment in equipment to have enough to smoke from one harvest to the next.

In short, 'throwing seeds in the ground and pissing on them, cuz it's just a weed' is a recipe for disaster. The myth persists, but only amongst those who haven't grown!

ttystikk

ttystikk

There's plenty of good ganja being grown in SoFla, just keep looking around. I used to live down there, and every third person was either handing me a joint or a phone number.

M

mike062759

Thank you Cort ... I will look into your suggestions regarding DIY grow cabinets. I smoke about 1 oz per month so your observations are valid.

I also thank ttystickk ... of course I want as much yield as possible with the least investment of $$$ and time. Always looking for the easy way ... that's me. As far as finding local finished product ... well ... I am over 50 years old and unfortunately I look like a cop.

Thanks guys ... what do you think of the book "Growing Elite Marijuana"? Should I buy it?

Mike

sog1313

sog1313

personally wouldnt bother with getting a printed book. sure the basics stay the same but the game is always changing and books get dated pretty quickly when new methods and technology emerge. check out the FAQs on this site they have articles on everything from germination methods to harvesting and its free. read it all twice then start asking questions: "how does my plan compare to what i've read/seen others do?" "are my goals feasible with my planned setup?" and if they aren't "how can i make my setup better?" ask yourself these questions at all times during your grow.

from reading your first post you are on the right track. your space can hold 1 maybe 2 small plants that have been bent or trained (about the dimensions of a computer case, read up on PC grows), but ttystikk is right you wont yield much and if you dont want to pop seeds every time and pray you get fems you need a second space for clones.

M

mike062759

Thanks Sog1313. I appreciate the direction. I will scour the FAQs section and devise a "go-forward" plan.

Mike

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Look around in the micro grow section and find yourself a 3 chanber set-up so you can keep bonsai moms, take clones, veg, and flower in a single unit. If you're growing in a small footprint, I would grow perpetual in cups and pack them in SOG style. Set yourself up with cfls, 50-100 watts per sq foot. Yes, you need a carbon filter.

The single best example of producing a lot of bud in a small space is here.

M

mike062759

Thank you Darth Fader -

Whoa! I never saw anything like the SOG style method of growing. It looks perfect for my requirements. This is a great lead. Any other lointers you may have would truly be welcome!!!

Thhanks again,

Mike

A

A-Roe

? do you really want to grow good smoke. If so Ill tell you what I wish someone would have told me when I first started. get you a 400 watt ballast, 15' socket assembly not the vertical one and use or make room in a spare room or closet. Since you dont want to have to sex plants due to you just starting and you want buds asap buy fem seeds (Divine Genetics) start with the SourChemSisters ( good bud, great yeild). Start all ten at the same time and do them in one gallon pots of soil, if you start to run out of room you can alway cull one or two. Since you are trying to stay cheap use Miracle Gro for veg and veg only because you are going to need a better flowering nute (GH Flora Bloom and Bud Candy by AN). And what ever you do dont let anyone know what you are doing or you might recieve that knock followed by the crashing sound.

M

mike062759

Thank you A-Roe! I am really grateful for all the input and advice I have been receiving. I hope to be sprouting seeds within the next 30 days. My biggest limiting factor to growing (besides my neophyte status as a grower) is my available footprint for growing. I have very limited space ... maybe 3 square feet ... that's it.

Thanks again,

Mike

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

mmmm... yeah, I totally agree regarding fem seeds, but I'd probably pop 5 at a time. That way you can have 2 runs at it in case you lose them all the first time out. I lost a $200 pack of seeds the first time I tried. There's another thread at that site called K.I.S.S where everyone posts there results using Maxibloom only. Fantastic results and only $15 for a 2.2 lb bag.

M

mike062759

Hi Darth Fader -

Sorry ... I was out of pocket for awhile. What site are you referring to K.I.S.S.???

Thanks,

Mike

Top Bottom