Movin Lights "ON" Forward...

• Thread starter Reebs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^ Bannacis, that's pretty wild. I've seen an entire WAREHOUSE full of plants that were flowering in what could only be described as twilight because they couldn't get the area fully darkened.

The bit ttystick reports about plants measuring out their starches/sugars to last the night is a relatively recent discovery, only reported a few months ago.

ttystikk

ttystikk

^^ Bannacis, that's pretty wild. I've seen an entire WAREHOUSE full of plants that were flowering in what could only be described as twilight because they couldn't get the area fully darkened.

The bit ttystick reports about plants measuring out their starches/sugars to last the night is a relatively recent discovery, only reported a few months ago.

I heard about it a few years ago, right about when I got on this site. Still, relatively new research.

Bottom line on the OP's question is still to let the plants stay lit longer to adjust the cycle timing, never shorten darkness interval- and unnaturally long darkness screws with the plants too, in less well understood ways.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Agreed, since he was turning his lights on at 7;30pm and he wanted them to come on at noon. he could just turn em off at midnight and on at noon. hense a 12 hour darkness. on at 7;30pm off at midnight a 4 1/2 hour of light. then 12 hours of dark. on at noon...cycle is now 12/12 noon -midnight on, midnight -noon off.

That short 4 1/2 hour of light will not do any harm, and the 12 hours of darkness has not changed any.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Agreed, since he was turning his lights on at 7;30pm and he wanted them to come on at noon. he could just turn em off at midnight and on at noon. hense a 12 hour darkness. on at 7;30pm off at midnight a 4 1/2 hour of light. then 12 hours of dark. on at noon...cycle is now 12/12 noon -midnight on, midnight -noon off.

That short 4 1/2 hour of light will not do any harm, and the 12 hours of darkness has not changed any.

Alternatively, leaving the lights on for 16 1/2 hours would accomplish the same thing.

Reebs

Reebs

ya i just turned them on at 7:30am the following morning, everything seems fine. they had 24hrs of dark. i think my newest table in the room maybe didn't like it but they are fine, the other 2 seem fine. Runs cooler during the day too

Latest posts

Top Bottom