movin to Mi in 2012...question

• Thread starter tricomb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tricomb

Goin to buy a house in Ann Arbor area...Been a medical patient in Ca for the past 7 years...why rent a decent spot here for $1500 a month when I can have a nice house with a mortgage of half of that..How long does it take to get an ID when I become a resident? Just trying to get some type of timeline down of how long it would take to become a med patient and get growing my own medicine.thanks!

joshadelph

joshadelph

It's pretty simple, you can get a ID real quick from the Secretary of State, then you have to get a Doc's recommendation, but in the Ann Arbor area it's just a matter $$ ( right around $100) and then you have to send $100 to the state, and wait 21 days and you are technically legal. It will take a few months to get the card plastic card though.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

We don't have dmv we have secretary of state. Basically the same.

joshadelph

joshadelph

it sucks just as bad as the dmv don't worry, be prepared to wait in line

M

MIway

Just a heads up... look up the website for the State on getting your ID... you'll need (residency) before you can file your application w the MMj... and even for your Dr's visit.

MI isn't as easy to est residency as others... valid ID, passport or original birth cert, lease and/or 2 utilities... may be something else, but wasn't one-two-three... the passport/bc is what got me... just wasn't expecting it.

S

scrogbubbles

It was alot of bs for me. I never heard of needing a lease and/or 2 utilities. It was all already put in my wife's name. We didn't have a lease so we had to wait a month for the first bill to come, then change it to my name and wait another month for mine.... At least the cars were easy.

T

tricomb

I read my California rec is good for 30 days while I wait for residency change, can anyone confirm?

joshadelph

joshadelph

Cali card is good as long as it is valid and you are a cali resident, when you become a michigan resident you would no longer be a cali patient. That is how I understand the law, do not quote me but thats how it sounds from reading it.

G

gooey

yeah your smooth, whenever my freinds come visit they bring there meds with them on the plane from cali to here, never been a problem, michigan recognizes everyone elses i belive...enjoy your move your gonna love the weather lol peace n puffs

T

tricomb

yeah your smooth, whenever my freinds come visit they bring there meds with them on the plane from cali to here, never been a problem, michigan recognizes everyone elses i belive...enjoy your move your gonna love the weather lol peace n puffs

Thinking about staying there 9 months out the year and spending the winter in california lol...yea I heard about people flying with their meds to another med state...

G

gooey

haha now your pushing it, lol your only prob with that will be that you cant grow without a michigan card...so you would have to get michigan residency then get your mi card then when you go back for the summer you would not be legal in cali...just my 2 cents

T

tricomb

haha now your pushing it, lol your only prob with that will be that you cant grow without a michigan card...so you would have to get michigan residency then get your mi card then when you go back for the summer you would not be legal in cali...just my 2 cents

Yes but all.my friends and family are...and I won't be growing lol...just sayin if the weather is that bad and cold...2 week notice to my boss and I'm goin on vacation for 2 or 3 months and if I really dislike the place I would not have a problem renting.out my house to another grower...hassle free...get some fire insurance lol

Prole63

Prole63

Ann Arbor in Washtenaw county is one of the most MMJ friendly places in the state they respect the individual and the MMJ law. The other safest place is Wayne co., mainly Detroit where they just don't have the time or the money to give a damn about MMJ.I feel safe in Detroit cause I'm not worried about the cops.

T

tricomb

Ann Arbor in Washtenaw county is one of the most MMJ friendly places in the state they respect the individual and the MMJ law. The other safest place is Wayne co., mainly Detroit where they just don't have the time or the money to give a damn about MMJ.I feel safe in Detroit cause I'm not worried about the cops.

Good to know!

joshadelph

joshadelph

^^^ Ann Arbor is the place to be, herb is decriminalized, and the community is growing rapidly (no pun intended).

Top Bottom