Moving cannabis during its night cycke

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hey,

So even though it’s legal to grow cannabis in Canada I have no clue what my rental property has to say about it. I am moving from one unit to a larger one and they have someone coming to look at my place.

To avoid being told I’m not allowed to grow it I figured I would move it until I move next week. I have four autoflowers growing. They’re six weeks old and just started flowering. I’m thinking of moving them tomorrow at 10am. But that’s 3 hours before the lights would come on for their 18/6 schedule.

Think this will be an issue? I could move them this evening I just have a lot going on.

Moving cannabis during its night cycke
S.WestFarmer

S.WestFarmer

Maybe you could use this hiccup as a transition into flowering mode? I know auto's will flower when they please, but why not save a little electricity and stress? Switch em to a 12/12 cycle for flowering, and you won't have to worry about the 3 hours. Just cut the lights at 10 tonight, thus beginning your 12/12.
I'm honestly not the most experienced, but thats what i would do if i was put in your situation. Either way, wish you and your plants the best.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Its no problem autos are not sensitive to light schedule. And stick with 18/6 or 20/4 you will get bigger yields. 12/12 will not make them flower. Are you gonna take them outside or to your new unit?

Naturalx

Naturalx

Its no problem autos are not sensitive to light schedule. And stick with 18/6 or 20/4 you will get bigger yields. 12/12 will not make them flower. Are you gonna take them outside or to your new unit?
I’ll be taking these to my in laws for a week and then back to my new unit just a bit over a week from now. My autos are 3.5 feet tall I’m just hoping they slow their growth down or I won’t be able to fit them in my car haha

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I’ll be taking these to my in laws for a week and then back to my new unit just a bit over a week from now. My autos are 3.5 feet tall I’m just hoping they slow their growth down or I won’t be able to fit them in my car haha

Just don’t keep them in the dark for a week 🙂

Its a bitch to move plants. I don’t envy you.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Just don’t keep them in the dark for a week 🙂

Its a bitch to move plants. I don’t envy you.
Yeah lol. I’m moving the entire set up lol. Brutal. I’ve already had to tear it down and stick them in my car while they did a walk through but I figured this way I remove that stress all together and can just have it stay where it is in the new place without them coming by.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's not going to matter too much when you move them, since they are auto's and have their own schedule, for the most part. I would try to move them during the same photoperiod...if it's dark outside, move them when their lights are out if possible, or vice versa. A couple hours of extra or less daylight isn't going to make much of a difference when moving them, just try to get them back on their regular schedules ASAP. FWIW, extra darkness tends to make plants stretch or grow taller... you might be better off running 18/6 or 24/0 with those autos, to help keep them shorter.
Good luck with your move, eh? :)

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah being auto it doesn't matter as far as light goes. Though if you are curious, a double layer of black garbage bags has worked for me in the past.

Top Bottom